Sign in to follow this  
smartsingh24

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Kabul Hukamnama

Dear All - WJKK WJKF. Just found this on www.sikhpoint.com

Just wondered if anyone has a copy of this in Gurmukhi ?? Or could someone let me know of a book that I could get a copy in.

(the English Translation from www.sikhpoint.com is given below):-

Thanks,

WJKK WJKF

SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI’S ‘HUKAM NAMA’ FOR THE SANGAT OF KABUL

(Jeth 26, Sammat 1756 Bikrami) June 1699 A.D.

Translation of the above.

(Note: The word Kabal (as used by Guru Sahib) is also translated as meaning steadfast or capable. Which means that this Hukam Nama, which has been authenticated, could be for all Sikh sangats which aspire to belong to the Guru).

Ik Oangkar, Satgur Ji Sehaye

The Guru will be your support for ever. I am much pleased with you.

You must take baptism of the sword from the ‘five’.

Keep your hair (Kesh) uncut - this is the seal of the Guru.

Never be complacent about the shorts (Kachera) and the dagger (Kirpan).

Always wear on your wrist a steel bracelet (Kara).

Look after your hair and comb (Kanga) it twice a day.

You are never to take meat prepared from animals killed by being bled slowly.

Never use tobacco. Never have any connection whatsoever with those who kill baby girls or celebrate the cutting of children’s hair.

Do not ever sit in the company of secretive and corrupt priests.

Always read and recite the hymns of the Guru.

Meditate on the name of the wonderful Lord-God alone.

Obey the code as the Guru has instructed.

The entire sangat has my blessing.

This Hukm Nama forms the basis of the Rehat Maryada (Code of Conduct) passed at the Akal Takhat in 1941.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Dear All - WJKK WJKF. Just found this on www.sikhpoint.com

Just wondered if anyone has a copy of this in Gurmukhi ?? Or could someone let me know of a book that I could get a copy in.

(the English Translation from www.sikhpoint.com is given below):-

Thanks,

WJKK WJKF

SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI’S ‘HUKAM NAMA’ FOR THE SANGAT OF KABUL

(Jeth 26, Sammat 1756 Bikrami) June 1699 A.D.

Translation of the above.

(Note: The word Kabal (as used by Guru Sahib) is also translated as meaning steadfast or capable. Which means that this Hukam Nama, which has been authenticated, could be for all Sikh sangats which aspire to belong to the Guru).

Ik Oangkar, Satgur Ji Sehaye

The Guru will be your support for ever. I am much pleased with you.

You must take baptism of the sword from the ‘five’.

Keep your hair (Kesh) uncut - this is the seal of the Guru.

Never be complacent about the shorts (Kachera) and the dagger (Kirpan).

Always wear on your wrist a steel bracelet (Kara).

Look after your hair and comb (Kanga) it twice a day.

You are never to take meat prepared from animals killed by being bled slowly.

Never use tobacco. Never have any connection whatsoever with those who kill baby girls or celebrate the cutting of children’s hair.

Do not ever sit in the company of secretive and corrupt priests.

Always read and recite the hymns of the Guru.

Meditate on the name of the wonderful

Lord-God alone.

Obey the code as the Guru has instructed.

The entire sangat has my blessing.

This Hukm Nama forms the basis of the Rehat Maryada (Code of Conduct) passed at the Akal Takhat in 1941.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

if guru sahib is saying, dont eat meat that has been prepared by being killed slowly, is it implying we can have it when its not killed slowly?

just a thought, dont want to start a controversy

bull chuk maaf

Really hard to tell isn't it? depends in what phase of guru ji's life was made. Maybe it was incomplete, maybe it wasn't, maybe the translations went wrong, maybe someone changed it, it's impossible to know.

Dear All - WJKK WJKF

No controversies please. Just want the original Gurmukhi if anyone has it or has seen it.

Thanks,

WJKK WJKF.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i think guru ji meant that under no circumstance are you to eat meat of animals killed slowly, but in certain situations like, if you had no food at all except for a chicken, you are allowed to eat it as long as you dont make it suffer, and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU TO EAT in order to survive

Also..

THis is another way this can be interpreted:

Like we all know we are told to not fight other Sikhs. The tankhahnaama of Bhai Chaupa Singh Ji says that one Sikh shouldn't put his hands on another Sikh, but does this mean that we can beat a non-Sikh up without any reason? No..

We all know that we cannot harm any innocent, but over top of that we cannot harm another Sikh UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES..

Just like that we cannot eat meat, but over top of that, we cannot eat kutha maas under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji

I have the Hukamnama scanned in GurMukhi...

- the original writing - from Khande Dhar Magazine

- the GurMukhi typed because the original is hard to make out

i can post both...but im having a hard time load the image on this post...some error keeps on coming up

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I can't believe this translation... the khanda is been translated to sword ohmy.gif

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

SSA Jasjit,

I have the punjabi version of the hukamnama. Bought a book from the Afghan gurdwara book stall in southall.

Would u like a scanned copy it?

heyyy lets see the original gurmukhi version of this!

plz plz plz scan and post it here. if u having trouble plz post that u need a lil help and i'm sure someone will help u get it posted here!

^_^

SatGuru%20Gobind%20Singh%20Ji%20Maharaj%20-%20Hukamnama%20to%20Kabul%20Sangat%20(handwritten).jpg

SatGuru%20Gobind%20Singh%20Ji%20Maharaj%20-%20Hukamnama%20to%20Kabul%20Sangat%20(typed).jpg

I'm not the one to thank for these... another Singh asked me to upload these so I'm just doing the seva...

anyway, before someone posts a question about this, the authenticy of this hukamnama hasn't been proven yet, infact it was left out When Prof. Ganda Singh (historican) compiled a book of hukamnaame. Just thought I should make it clear. It's still being posted because of Sangat's request.

Edited by Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji