Cry Babies

Guest Rathan

Guest Rathan

I apologize about the title of this thread. its too blunt and maybe be offensive to some. All I'm trying to say is that isn't it better to be positive and focus on our own Sikhi, instead of always pointing out the faults in others? There are always going be people who have different views than ours( whether it be a certain Jathabadi, Kala Afghan crew, Nihangs etc.) At what point do we stop pointing out and attacking these differences, and just follow the path we feel is right in our hearts? We are getting distracted from our true goal in life, which is union with God, and our lives become full of negative emotions when we keep following controversy. We can't change everyone. No matter what you do, you cannot change certain people's views, no matter what you say or do. I have learned this life lesson in the past 10 years of my life, because I used to do the same thing. Then i thought to my self...there are 6 billion people in this world, and 99.9% have different views than yours. I just say respect everyone, be a good Sikh, and let God be the judge. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I apologize about the title of this thread. its too blunt and maybe be offensive to some. All I'm trying to say is that isn't it better to be positive and focus on our own Sikhi, instead of always pointing out the faults in others? There are always going be people who have different views than ours( whether it be a certain Jathabadi, Kala Afghan crew, Nihangs etc.) At what point do we stop pointing out and attacking these differences, and just follow the path we feel is right in our hearts? We are getting distracted from our true goal in life, which is union with God, and our lives become full of negative emotions when we keep following controversy. We can't change everyone. No matter what you do, you cannot change certain people's views, no matter what you say or do. I have learned this life lesson in the past 10 years of my life, because I used to do the same thing. Then i thought to my self...there are 6 billion people in this world, and 99.9% have different views than yours. I just say respect everyone, be a good Sikh, and let God be the judge. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I don't think anyone was offended, but i think you misunderstood. No one is saying they're wrong, but as sikhs, we have the duty to protect our religion. If someone tries to change who Sikhs are it is our duty to clarify and spread the truth, for if we start ignoring it our children and their children may be effected by this misinformation. Through such misinformation the true essence and meaning of Sikhi could be lost.

vaise, I won't say it as I am protecting my religion. I don't think SIKHISM needs anybody's protection. Its US, Sikhs who need to be protected by SIKHISM. SIKHISM is the way of living, way to get salvation, way to get connected with our innerself, connected with GOD. Why would SIKHISM needs your protection? Isn't it you who needs protection/guidance/wisdom from SIKHISM.

Vaheguru doesn't need anybody's protection. ITs teachings contained in SGGSji, that one needs to survive and get out of 84million life cycle.

SIKHISM won't go down the drain just because some people don't think of their life as a golden chance as a human to jap naam.

Don't you think??

vaise, I won't say it as I am protecting my religion. I don't think SIKHISM needs anybody's protection. Its US, Sikhs who need to be protected by SIKHISM. SIKHISM is the way of living, way to get salvation, way to get connected with our innerself, connected with GOD. Why would SIKHISM needs your protection? Isn't it you who needs protection/guidance/wisdom from SIKHISM.

Vaheguru doesn't need anybody's protection. ITs teachings contained in SGGSji, that one needs to survive and get out of 84million life cycle.

SIKHISM won't go down the drain just because some people don't think of their life as a golden chance as a human to jap naam.

Don't you think??

That's true I guess, but I didn't really mean it that way. What I meant was if someone tries to change what Sikhs believe in it could later on effect generations to come, even if it doesn't effect you directly.

I mean, there's a reason why a lot of people go to fake babay now a days instead of living a life filled with real Gursikhi.

Yeah I agree we are the ones who need protection guidance from Sikhi and Gurbani, I didn't mean it the other way. wacko.gif

Ratan do tell me, if some guys comes and he hits ur dad or anyone in ur family in front of you, would u just wait? and let police deal with it? and say u not gone do anything "cause it not ur job to fight".

there is big difference between defend and fight. When it comes to defend, u always gone have oppent who is attacking u, so most gursikhs are doing same. We will defend our sikhi and follow it.