Bye!

Only Five, its a singhni . she might not be reading anymore becuz of her circumstances but will be back sooner or latter because no one can conquer he/her whom Guru has made his own! Its a matter of time , the fateh is already in place waiting for the volcano to erupt. I have been in a lot of private with this beautiful human being and I am more than assured through my assessment of the situation she will get through it . This is a blessed gurmukh soul going through a lot of hurdles instigated by punjabee culture clashing violently with Sikhi

I apologize for calling her a Singh, so just replace the Singha with Singhni.

Humkire, to hear that parents are hold their kids back from Sikhi is a huge shock to me. To put it frankly, I hate punjabi culture with a passion. This culture has destroyed too many lives, just so it can boast around about it's caste, drunk fools, and jumping up and down, what they call bhangra.

It just makes me think Sikhi is that much more important for me because I have the freedom to practice it openly. I would go crazy if I couldn't practice Sikhi.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Five, i agree with you totally with a qualification i.e............... a Gurmukh is a beloved of God who( among all other Gurmat related issues), sees this entire universe as a marvellous aspect of God's Will in action that we have been blessed to live in, and that, making, maintaining, and destroying the universe is a game God enjoys among more other things, that we do not or may not have knowledge of, either individually or more. In relation to this Gurbani teaches us that God is the Root and the universe the tree manifesting the Will of that Root in wanting the tree leaves, fruits and flowers i.e us, to exist and be in a deep relationship with that Root which sustains them, and to between themselves love each other and recognise the presence of that Root as the lifeforce maintaining them, and not slide into a destruct mode between themselves. Hence in relation to that, a gurmukh is like a bird that knows how to skirt the sky, gaze down below, and recognise food from non food to sustain its life before it darts down for the kill. This translates itself in human terms to mean that a gurmukh knows what to pick and behold as good and what as bad in any culture of all the various cultures God has created in the world because the life force exists secretly in all of them. A gurmukh sees everything this world as part of the beautiful garden of God but knows which are the self destruct buttons in any of those parts that he must not press,leave alone touch, as well as what are the beautiful things in each of them that he/she is expected to behold.

A gurmukh is a royal prince who sees everything within his radar as belonging to his Dad, i.e VAH VAH GURU GOBIND SINGH MERE PYAREH KALGIAH VALE! A gurmukh grabs anyone and everyone from pope to prostitute in his/her arms and cries and says ' you are my Dad's belonging, and you are my brother or sister. Vah Vah! Dhan Sikhi which teaches us little nirguniareh this huge massive secret about existence that is God's Order to all creation via SGGS, DGGS and the rest of anything and everything else my darling Gurus, oh my absolute darling 10 Gurus have ever written, spoken and whispered into the hearts of gurmukhs from the split second , (oh I am even too small and ashamed to mention His Hazuur , oh my heartbeat and heartthrob's name)from aad to jugad when Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj manifested into this creation till this split second I am writing this long winding second where it stops right here, and beyond from here into the rest of eternity as long as Guru Maharaj wishes to.

Sorry for being so long winded but cant help it when thats how my mind thinks and works bit by bit in a long winded way to tell you all and everything in my heart out of love and honesty because I really enjoy everything you and others write on here even if we are shouting at each other, because all of you on here great future chardikela leaders on this blessed Sikh Youth forum of the greatest and highest panth of all time i.e KHALSA PANTH give me at the age of 52 hope in the future of that which I love and should love even when I am forgetting and backsliding i.e KHALSA PANTH, which is all that we are created to be passionate about, for one singular reason, which is that khalsa panth is the Jaan-ki- Jaan of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj, apart from Whose pleasure there is really nothing else to live for another split second. I have some mental image of this Sikh youth forum as a place where a lot of you are less than 52 and it excites me and is a second home for me when I am hanging out on the internet when I have time. Your posts inspire me about the future of Sikhi , in fact every post does somehow, and it feels like one huge massive house party or rave of Gurmukhs dancing in ecstasy. As i read this forum, I imagine how each of you possibly look and it feels even more exciting than a Gurudwara at times because now here I can spy on what anyone and everyone is talking about Sikhi in every different section of this forum, rather than just one granthi giving his parchar on Sunday. This sikhsangat website is a 24/7 gurudwara with so many gyanees i can hear talking, arguing, explaining all at the same time and thats absolutely awesome, since all of you are gyanees surviving on naam either as a tiny robin or a huge albatross. You young gyanees all of you at varying levels of understanding and experience about gurmat and ever thing else about Sikhi are trillion trillion times more exciting than the many durmat gyan based people of this world and hence its so blessed hanging out with you. I see the Holy Blood of GURU GOBIND SINGH flowing from my generation into yours and thats the most spectacular sight in the entire universe. I am damn jeolous of you too sometimes though, more commonly than not, I must confess because you guys have so much new electronic technology that my generation did not have that you are and will be using like websites, ipods, live broadcasts, facebook, etc that would have made Sikhi so exciting in my generation too, and helped us spread IT more effectively.

I do ponder sometimes how your generation is going to cope with Sikhi spreading into other cultures as it is slowly now such that Sikhs come from different cultures of the world not just punjabee, and a) how sikhs from each culture are going to have to learn from each other how not to let that particular culture attempt to control or destroy it, b) how sikhs from different cultures will tolerate each others attempts to understand, interpret and practise Sikhi in the context of their own culture, as there will be some common denominators but differences too, and c) how punjabee sikhs will use their experiences in these 2 points just raised to help Sikhs from other cultures to avoid the same mistakes. I think these are very very interesting issues since one day Raaj Karega Khalsa is going to be the( oh God )one massive glorious day , which will be to Sikhs what eid ka chand is to Muslims but in a trillion oh many trillion trillion ways even more exciting watching Khalsa anywhere and everywhere you go holding hands and loving each other and nothing but Khalsa anywhere you look.

My train of thought is like a slow moving river so I am sorry if my long sentences dont make sense . In addition I have talked using birds and nature a lot as analogies because its summer exploding in UK now and there is birds whistling everywhere I can hear even as typing this . The blackbirds are the worst culprits because they whistle again and again so loud endlessly because they are all wooing and romancing through cheeky loud long whistles, and its reminding me of gurmukh's love for Gurujee and making me feel very guilthy that I fall short of the endless stubborn passion they are displaying in public not bothering if anyone else is being disturbed or hearing them, that I need too, to be a gurmukh like you great brothers and sisters here. I will stop here before i start another old man's boring long winded essay on flamingoes i just saw in a wild life bird conservatory just the other day that so reminded me of how gurmukhs should look and behave.

''HAR KI OT JIVEH DAAS TERE, NANAK PRABH SERNAI'' SGGS pg 1269.

oops i got a sentence wrong up there so I am correcting it and repeating it here , silly me.

''Vah Vah! Dhan Sikhi which teaches us little nirguniareh this huge massive secret about existence that is God's Order to all creation via SGGS, DGGS and the rest of anything and everything else my darling Gurus, oh my absolute darling 10 Gurus have ever written, spoken and whispered into the hearts of gurmukhs from aad to jugad, till that split second,(oh I am even too small and ashamed to mention His Hazuur , oh my heartbeat and heartthrob's name) Baba Nanak Dev , manifested into this creation till this split second I am writing this long winding sentence where it stops right here, and beyond from here into the rest of eternity as long as Guru Maharaj wishes to.

Hehe that includes many many more seconds till i just made this correction but you Gurmukh beloveds live in a timeless zone called AKAAL in SPACESHIP SIKHI , so its cool as time does not bother you anyway .

They can cut your kachera but cannot force you to open your mouth and eat the meat and if they do, don't swallow.

Don't relent, remember prahlaad Ji and Narsingh. You do ardas aswell and pray for protection. Your parents are acting like demons like prahlaad's parents, know that your real parent is god and he loves you, these demons are just in the way of your liberation.

Do not relent.

Good luck.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I didn't see this thread before now although im not too surprised to see it for i knew something like that would happen to her sooner or later. And it has. Well phenji, you will have to be strong. This is a big, big test for you. Think of it as 'giving the head' moment. I know you are desperate to become the Singhnee of Sri Guruji, but this is something you will have to go through to prove your worth to him. Your parents aren't opposing you, its Sri Waheguru Ji who is getting them to 'oppose you', give 'resisitance' so that He can see whether you have what it takes to give your head. It is time for you to increase your nitnem exponentially. Start doing Chandi Di Vaar, Sukhmana Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Rakheya De Shabad, whenever you get the time.

To be honest, this is not the only hurdle you will face phenji. Its just the beginning of walking on the path we call Sikhi. 'Khanneyo Tikhi Vaahlo Nikki, Aith Maraag Jaana'. I personally go through many challenges every day, some i fail other i pass. That's how it is. We can only pray more and build our resilience, thats the only amount of freewill we have got. Tests will continue tho. Like, you are of marriagable age, and that will bring about another test of faith. But knowing you, I know you will prove to be the 'Chandi', the 'Kaur' Sri Guruji has eugolised in his Bani. And needless to say, we all will be praying for you too smile.gif

Its a litmus test phenji and im sure you will pass it, its in your karams to be Sri Guruji's Singhnee. The crown awaits you, just keep marching towards it smile.gif

Waheguru Ji..

would this include kirtan sohila or just this