Bye!

wow. thats really some crazy stuff. Why would parents have a problem with this? Are you neglecting your studies? If thats the reason then just start aceing classes... and then start over. School really is mega important.

I think its easy to say just leave em etc... but if the person is under age and living with her parents what can she really do? Go beg on the street or something....?

Feel really bad for ya kiddo

-W

Yeah, true words. The way I think of education in regards to religion is that it helps me control my future and how I spend it. Think of your education in this world as power and as a tool to control your future and help others.

Sikhi tells a Sikh to partake in both worldly and religious affairs. Don't jump to anything rash, just keep your Sikhi in tact and if studies is the problem with your parents, try your hardest to change for your Sikhi.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can totally relate to this when my mom told me to stop listening to kathas until school was over. I wasnt doing that good in school, and now I have a 4.0 GPA so my mom is pretty chill now. Except recently my mom asked me if i had found a GurSikh boyfriend who is making me change my lifestyle (which is a lie) until my grandma yelled at her.

Well all I can say is Waheguru Ji always takes pariksha of his devotees.

Guest Rathan

In about a week, just tell your parents that you need to talk to them about something. Tell them that you really want to try drinking and doing drugs. Tell them that life is kind of boring without Sikhi, and you need something else to keep life fun. Maybe add in there that you want to ask out a girl out, but you wanted to give them a heads up that she is really nice, but has a pretty bad reputation. See how they handle this. Sometimes people just need a wake up call!

Singha, your 23 years old and your parents are making you to stop practicing Sikhi. Where is the shakti in you, Singha. If I was in your place, I would make sure right when I wake up at amritvela do five loud jaikara to tell the other people in the house the lion is up. Satguru Sri Guru GObind Singh Sahib ji is your father and Mata Sahib kaur ji is your mother, so don't stop practicing Sikhi.

Do your Jaap Sahibs as many times as you can, along with Chaupai Sahib the paath.

Sant ji always brings the Bir Raas out in a person.

Only Five, its a singhni . she might not be reading anymore becuz of her circumstances but will be back sooner or latter because no one can conquer he/her whom Guru has made his own! Its a matter of time , the fateh is already in place waiting for the volcano to erupt. I have been in a lot of private with this beautiful human being and I am more than assured through my assessment of the situation she will get through it . This is a blessed gurmukh soul going through a lot of hurdles instigated by punjabee culture clashing violently with Sikhi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I didn't see this thread before now although im not too surprised to see it for i knew something like that would happen to her sooner or later. And it has. Well phenji, you will have to be strong. This is a big, big test for you. Think of it as 'giving the head' moment. I know you are desperate to become the Singhnee of Sri Guruji, but this is something you will have to go through to prove your worth to him. Your parents aren't opposing you, its Sri Waheguru Ji who is getting them to 'oppose you', give 'resisitance' so that He can see whether you have what it takes to give your head. It is time for you to increase your nitnem exponentially. Start doing Chandi Di Vaar, Sukhmana Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Rakheya De Shabad, whenever you get the time.

To be honest, this is not the only hurdle you will face phenji. Its just the beginning of walking on the path we call Sikhi. 'Khanneyo Tikhi Vaahlo Nikki, Aith Maraag Jaana'. I personally go through many challenges every day, some i fail other i pass. That's how it is. We can only pray more and build our resilience, thats the only amount of freewill we have got. Tests will continue tho. Like, you are of marriagable age, and that will bring about another test of faith. But knowing you, I know you will prove to be the 'Chandi', the 'Kaur' Sri Guruji has eugolised in his Bani. And needless to say, we all will be praying for you too :)

Its a litmus test phenji and im sure you will pass it, its in your karams to be Sri Guruji's Singhnee. The crown awaits you, just keep marching towards it :)

Waheguru Ji..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I didn't see this thread before now although im not too surprised to see it for i knew something like that would happen to her sooner or later. And it has. Well phenji, you will have to be strong. This is a big, big test for you. Think of it as 'giving the head' moment. I know you are desperate to become the Singhnee of Sri Guruji, but this is something you will have to go through to prove your worth to him. Your parents aren't opposing you, its Sri Waheguru Ji who is getting them to 'oppose you', give 'resisitance' so that He can see whether you have what it takes to give your head. It is time for you to increase your nitnem exponentially. Start doing Chandi Di Vaar, Sukhmana Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Rakheya De Shabad, whenever you get the time.

To be honest, this is not the only hurdle you will face phenji. Its just the beginning of walking on the path we call Sikhi. 'Khanneyo Tikhi Vaahlo Nikki, Aith Maraag Jaana'. I personally go through many challenges every day, some i fail other i pass. That's how it is. We can only pray more and build our resilience, thats the only amount of freewill we have got. Tests will continue tho. Like, you are of marriagable age, and that will bring about another test of faith. But knowing you, I know you will prove to be the 'Chandi', the 'Kaur' Sri Guruji has eugolised in his Bani. And needless to say, we all will be praying for you too smile.gif

Its a litmus test phenji and im sure you will pass it, its in your karams to be Sri Guruji's Singhnee. The crown awaits you, just keep marching towards it smile.gif

Waheguru Ji..

Veerji sorry a little bit off topic but what is Sukhmana Sahib?

Veerji sorry a little bit off topic but what is Sukhmana Sahib?

Wjkk Wjkf Phenji

Its name given to collection Bani by Guru Ram Dass Ji with opening Ashtpadhi By Guru Amar Dass Ji Maharaj. I simply love its naad for some reason.. here is the audio to it:

http://gurmatveechar.com/audio/Gurbani_Ucharan/Bhai_Jarnail_Singh_%28Damdami_Taksal_wale%29/Beant_Banis/01--Bhai.Jarnail.Singh--Sukhmana.Sahib.mp3

Waheguru :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh phenj,

Wow...Im quite shocked to hear that...but as far as I know phenji, she is really strong and a true 'singhni'. We will do ardas and I know that very soon she'll be back on this forum saying everything is fine!

Its sad really that its girls who have to go through tests like these but Waheguru mehar karange.

Stay in Chardi Kala Phenjeo and always stay smiling! smile.gif