Opening A Youth Gym

I wish to reply to the points shastr and gurdssingh has replied, I wish too, to input my advice to the latest question that gurdssingh has posed , but it is specifically addressed to Singh, so I shall refrain. I apologise if the following is rather short, sketchy and does not explain what I wish to say more clearly but that is because I am a businessman, I have a very busy weekend ahead because my business has an important change happening tomorow, so my schedule for today has many items on its agenda, hence I am busy, and I also am very slow in typing. But I shall keep an eye on what anybody further replies to what I have to say and reply that in due course. I also wish to mention that anything I have said so far, am going to say and will further say if required is based upon my knowlege on this particular business, as well as my education and experience in business generally, and I understand there is a Sikhi angle to this issue too.

Shastr, I do not agree with what you have said i.e 'the first thing your gonna have to do is grow up and have lots of money. so until you have both of those things accomplished, just sit back and relax singh saab ji', to the extent that, if a) it is a vision of the future coming to him, it may be Gurujee's Will that he starts acting on it now according to the plan Gurujee has in mind for this vision to be fulfilled in stages, especially if he is a gurmukh and b) ideas do not necessarily need people to wait to grow up and have lots of money and in the meantime just chillax. Ideas, if one is serious about them and finds in his/her initial assessment that they(these ideas) are not misguided, but, humane, absolutely beneficial to progress and peace and unity, as well as do not involve dark forces, or the impingement, violation and intrusion upon others human rights, fit in with, and are important and even crucial according to the that person's religous, moral, and personal agenda upon which such a person operates, at any age, do require planning and implementation to be seen through. This planning requires some of the steps I have highlighted in my initial response to his question further up, earlier in this discussion, and there are more. If a huge amount of finance is going to be an issue according to the scale and nature of this project , this can be achieved in many more practical ways, than doing what you have suggested, when the time comes to cross that hurdle. Even if it is true that this is a high costing project according to what he has in mind, and he wants to fund personally without borrowings and charity, he has to start strategising right now whatever his age may be.

And this brings me to gurdssingh point. Yes God is great and miracles do happen and people do earn lotteries overnight, and become filthy rich without a single A level but a gurmukh does not sit back and wait for that to happen. A gurmukh is a person with a God given vision or mandate, and he/she then through prayer , knowledge and wisdom goes ahead to fulfill that vision/mandate according to the speed and steps required(this in turn adding to his/her store of accumulated experience that is naturally a beneficial byproduct of this process). In addition the very word 'SIKH' encourages us to never indulge in illiteracy of any nature but always have an ambition to be very knowledgable and informed. I noticed that you too started highlighting in the rest of your reply some things he will require etc.

Thats exactly why he needs to focus on strategising on what he is studying right now and tweak it to help him fulfill his aim, apart from eternally relying on other's advice so that he is empowered for what he needs to do academically , and this is important when he gets involved in presenting himself and his case further down the road when all this gets nearer to materialising. You mentioned stuff like ''public liability insurance'' etc etc etc thats only one drop in an oceon of regulatory and legislative etc etc aspects of businesses that cover the UK and this is why he needs to srategise on education , not for the sake of acquiring a degree but for the sake of an indepth knowledge which will be provided with plenty of practical experience sandwiched in between, as a call to any university offering sports science will confirm. There are plenty more little points you mentioned in that little imaginative construct or model of a gym you did try to create in your post that I need to comment on and lends itself to a very lengthy but constructive dialogue of great value to this brother, but I am sorry, I am really getting late but before I go, I must add that your point about not needing a license does not take into account regulation in the future, and that the gym industry is dependent on various other criteria and a whole load of other things which is overlooked by local authorities i.e that getting a license is not the end and be all of things that lends itself to any sort of academic complacency etc etc at this or a further stage. You have a Masters as you have mentioned and that may help you probably understand and appreciate what I initially replied to this post at a deeper level after due deliberation.

Thank you and I have tried my best to refrain from opinion but shoot a few quick facts as above and I hope they are of value. No offense meant.

I've heard oldbury gurdwara birmingham, is becoming a great center for learning mma they have being doing the following for the past 2 years

1.Kickboxing

2.Boxing

3.Brazilian Jujitsu

4.Open Gym & Olympic Weights & Machines

They have a variety of equipment such as

1.Ring

2.Mats

3.Bags

4.Pads

etc etc

I've heard oldbury gurdwara birmingham, is becoming a great center for learning mma they have being doing the following for the past 2 years

1.Kickboxing

2.Boxing

3.Brazilian Jujitsu

4.Open Gym & Olympic Weights & Machines

They have a variety of equipment such as

1.Ring

2.Mats

3.Bags

4.Pads

etc etc

yeah you got that ryt s50, oldbury gurdwara is the place to be! sleep.gif

And this brings me to gurdssingh point. Yes God is great and miracles do happen and people do earn lotteries overnight, and become filthy rich without a single A level but a gurmukh does not sit back and wait for that to happen.

When did I ever state that by sitting and doing nothing you will make alot of money. All I stated was you do not need certificates and need to pass exams. Most of the Asian Millionaires in the UK were born abroad i.e. Sub Contintenet. Had very poor English and they won NO lottery. They had a strong work ethic, so they worked HARD and made their money. You have to work HARD to be sucessfull. You can be a A grade student and flop in life. You can also not be very academic but in life become very sucessfull. i.e. Sir Richard Branson (19 years old started his record shop), Lord Alan Sugar (started his business with a van and less than £100), and what about the EAST END FOODS. All of the 5 uncle Ji's made a multi milion pound business, by dealing from the back of their van.

Also theres 1000's more, all this is off the top of my head done no research but is more or less accurate. How many apne drive Bentleys and have over £1 million houses, LOADS.Maybe in the 80's it was easier but come on some of my Dads mate's and some of my Uncles can't string 2 sentences of English but drive Phantoms. THEY WORKED HARD IN THEIR LIFES! Made the money and now enjoy.

Humkarie Ji go to any highly populated asian area in the UK, how many are millionaires and how many of them have uni degrees? It's no lottery it's hard work!!!!!

I would advise you against installing mirrors in the gym as they serve absolutely no purpose. This will cut down the cost as well. If really needed a small sub section of the gym can have mirrors for those who are not confident in their form to workout without staring at themselves in the mirror.

Also, consider buying some balancing equipment as well:

- Balance boards - http://www.fitter1.com/Catalog/Category/63/Products.aspx

- Stability Balls - http://www.fitter1.com/Catalog/Category/9/ExerciseBalls.aspx

- Foam Rollers - http://www.fitter1.com/Catalog/Category/12/FoamRollers.aspx (these are absolutely necessary for any serious trainee)

Personally, if I were to open a gym I would buy the following

- dumbbells of varying weights

- squat rack(s)

- olympic bars + weight plates to go with it

- bench for pressing

- stability related equipment

- foam rollers

- LOTS of open area

Notice there is no pull up bar as a good squat rack can be used for this purpose as well.

gurdssingh,

I have not accused you of that which you have stated if you read my post more thoroughly. I have no desire to visit a forum that has to do with Sikhi, and Sikh youths and be wasted space wishing to accuse or slander either you or any one else, either intentionally or non intentionally, as that makes me a sinner beyond your imagination and I am aware that I do already have too many sins in my life as it is, that I grapple like a fool to content and get rid of. I deal with facts because a Sikh must have no business with opinions but must strive to think , talk and act according to Sat every passing moment of his life. There are many things, many people say even on here, that I read that I never comment upon till I know the reality of it. I am not an idler lazily sitting around wanting to treat this forum as a place to argue with anyone to be a winner because that would constitute an injustice to, and a serious violation of the purposes for which this forum exists. I treat the person who started this thread as someone though young enough to be my grandson, as my holy elder brother in my heart of more importance to me than you can imagine, and I treat any question he has to ask as a question requiring all my attention and input if I am capable of helping him. In the ongoing discussion about his question I am able to help him map his course and thats why I am here.

I am no stranger to the asian success story in the UK as through Gurujee's apar Kirpa and Will, I do confess shyly with the most utmost humility. I am one myself , which was accomplished at a speed that baffles many other Asian businessmen in the city I live and inspires more whites than you could imagine leading right up to my local MP and way beyond and higher up political circles, and that is me just stating just a pinch of what is more but not more for me to share with you for the present. However, you need to analyse this story in the context of the changing socio-economic-political scenario of the UK to appreciate the points I am making as any reader in economics and related areas, especially one with experience will confirm externally, or maybe more of your own in depth research.

Further, hard work definitely is crucial, but, by itself, is no man's guarantee that it will work on its own. This is a primary gurmat principle introduced to us gently in SGGS in the elementary mention of karma and kirpa, the deeper understanding of which then, in our same SGGS is mysteriously stashed away, and stretching layer by layer like a rainbow into eternity to be beheld so excitedly , as the angle of the lens of buddhi are graced by Gurujee to slowly but surely sharpen for those who are the darlings of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj!!!!! Vah! Dhan Sikhi mere Gurdev di! and Dhan Bani Nirangkar Di! No wonder it is stated that BANI NIRANGKAR HAI, TIS JEVAD AVAR NA KOEE!!!!!

Gurbani enlightens us that the story of any one lifetime, of any creature in the entire present universe of God and including the universes of the past and those of the future, at every micro-second of its tale, has countless angles to it, some beheld and understood, and some not, by that creature, since there is a mysterious element to God's character. This gurmat teaching is the basis of my analysis and it is a very mind blowing analysis even for me because it propels us Sikhs, at varying degrees to the reality and truth of things, earthly mortals like us cannot normally comprehend and is beyond all our opinions, education , and experiences. It gets even more fascinating, when you grasp through gurbani that, a)that micro-second event I just mentioned has many more countless micro seconds packed into it which are universes of their own and that b) that micro second activity we are talking about actually represents a cataclysmic seismic event of unparalled brilliance and beauty , as well as a one off presentation of the power of many countless forces that have just erupted in union or collusion. And life is a long stretch of all of that out together! Now, how awesome is that! It would make the greatest PHD guy in this world to cry helplessly like a baby when this little grain of Gurbani truth hits his buddhi!! It is in that context that I would refrain from your attempt to use the examples you have used to prove your case, as gurmat gyan has the REAL tale to tell about the success or failure of any creature's one particular lifetime.

My passion in this thread for this veerjee's desire for a gym exists for the singular reason that Gurbani and Sikh history teach us in unison that God very very very very often expresses his Will through a vision that is no respector of age and the rest. Hence any advice anyone has to give him is of prime importance, as is his ability to comprehend it. If not this forum is not going to do justice to what Guru Gobind Singh expects from any of us on this forum, as it would start giving the impression to a passerby that this is just another internet forum involving people who live life by opinions and kitabi as well as durmati gyan and idle arguing, talk before they think, and answer before they have pondered in the manner expected of Gurmukhs who by the Order of His Divine Majesty , His Hazoor, Dhan Dhan Shree Guru Gobind Singh are expected to think, talk and walk as gyanees and as sant sipahis. This Order has to be reflected in the way we talk to each other on this forum or else we are guilty of a serious crime with consequences beyond our comprehension. I shudder and shake , tremble and can hardly any more mumble, at the very though of that.

But, saying the above, as always, if you think I have indeed in anyway accused you of anything, I stand like a humble beggar at your door, O gurdssingh and with folded hands and a lowered head I beg forgiveness. That which a Sikh brother holds in his heart about another Sikh brother, can snowball and become the very cause of the decline of the latters chardikela because anyone who pricks the heart of a gursikh like you pricks the heart of Guru Gobind Singh and I defoinitely desire no such misfortune to never and ever come anywhere near me either in this or any other janam. Hence, please remove any thorn resulting from anything I have said from your heart and I shall be eternally grateful to you. This more than a prayer from my heart to you as you read this.