Bleaching

Its wrong to bleach, pluck, dye your hair in any shape or form!

What gives you the idea that the Singhni'z in the time of Guru Gobind Singh ji didn't have hair? It wasn't that long ago, and we haven't progressed that further in life, to start having changes to the body.

This is a controversial issue, cuz being female and all its tough in society, I gave my two cents, I know it has been discussed many times, but what do you guys think?

Waheguru Jee..veera is right..bleaching/dying is prohibited. Plus looking at from a women's opinion

1) Of course women 'back then' had facial hair, but they were strong and graceful & didn't live for society.

2) Practically speaking all bleach does is lighten your facial hair, so basically it would be like having a blonde 'dhari' or blond upper lip hair. Are we pleasing society or Guru jee??

The soul-bride pleases her/his Husband-Lord when she shows beauty from within, when her face glows with the jewels of his naam & devotion...

Gur Kirpa...bul chuk maaf jeeio...

^_^

I do not find anything wrong with a woman bleaching her hair. Why is almost everyone in here so militant and hardcore. If a woman wants to bleach, or wax her body hair, its her perogative. Who are we to judge? If a woman uncomfortable with facial hair, she should have the right to do what it takes to feel comfortable. I don't like the way the kuttard (hardcore) sikhs say something and expect every other sikh to follow it like its the law of the land. If you don't want to do something, than don't, but tell others what to do. Are you going to tell your wife that she can't bleach her hair?

Also, everytime I come to this forum, all I read are male points of view. Where are the female points of view?

Sukh

If a woman wants to bleach, or wax her body hair, its her perogative. Who are we to judge?
Veerjee u said "Who are we to judge.. and now pls read the below 2 quotes of yours..
Why is almost everyone in here so militant and hardcore.
I don't like the way thekuttard (hardcore) sikhs say something and expect every other sikh to follow it like its the law of the land.

----

I do not find anything wrong with a woman bleaching her hair.
So do i.. rolleyes.gif But i

respect other ppls views on it.. And i think they do have more good points than me..

If you don't want to do something, than don't, but tell others what to do. Are you going to tell your wife that she can't bleach her hair?

In my case.. I would advice my SInghneee (*ifthere will be any lol) not to bleach.. But again it will be her choice..

Also, everytime I come to this forum, all I read are male points of view. Where are the female points of view?

I thought Summeet Kaur, Mkaur and so many others (5 +) on this forums are female?? :T:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use