Steel/Metal Glasses And Cutlery, Etc

Guest advice please

Guest advice please

Please could somebody tell me why do some sikhs use steel/metal glasses or cutlery, (pandeh) for their food n drink? Sorry but i dont know why, is it just amritdhari sikhs that use them.

And also if I were to buy a tumbler, which would be th best to drink from, as I have seen dffrent types in stores and some are heavy n thick but others thin n light. Are th light ones ok to drink from and to eat from?

Thanku ji any knowledge would be appreciated.

We are actually supposed to use sarbloh (iron) cutlery,

This is because iron is mainly found in foods such as meat, and as Sikhs we are vegetarians so we cannot consume meat. And that is why we use sarbloh cutlery because once we eat we naturally consume the iron as well, and this helps a Sikh keep strong and healthy.

That’s why we also wear a sarbloh kara, as the iron rubs off onto your skin.

I think metal is used because it doesn’t rust easily: S but we are actually supposed to use sarbloh!

from experience people that only eat out of sarbloh (keep sarbloh bibek) sometimes relax their rehat and eat out of steel if sarblohs not available..

amritdharis should prefer sarbloh to everything else but steel would be prefererable to like china glass and things if sarbloh bhandeh arent available

from experience people that only eat out of sarbloh (keep sarbloh bibek) sometimes relax their rehat and eat out of steel if sarblohs not available..

amritdharis should prefer sarbloh to everything else but steel would be prefererable to like china glass and things if sarbloh bhandeh arent available

please quote rehat nama prescribing what have you stated

sorry paaji, dont have a quote ive just seen chardi kala gurmukhs like jathedar baba tarlok singh ji do that so was just wondering, some of my older relatives who kept sarbloh bibek preferred to eat out of steal when they came to the west on holdays if sarbloh wasnt available.

bhulchuk maaf :) im guessing china glass has all the chemicals and stuff on it! sorrrry