New Iphone And Gurbani Software

Iphone 4g ? whats so special it's just more Apple marketing hype....it's not a lot different than the 3GS...Despite the name it is NOT a 4G phone as in 4G network support...it's a 3G phone...but "Apple 4th generation"

- It's still using an out of date TFT Acive Matrix screen...other manufacturers have moved onto higher quality, lower power AMOLED screens. They can try and make up clever marketing words like Retina display etc...fact remains it's still TFT active matrix.

- At the official launch Steve Jobs Apples CEO couldnt even get the Iphone 4 to conenct to the internet over WiFi or cellular...a bit embarrasing I think...

- It's got a front mounted camera...but it only works over WiFi..thats right you cant do phone calls and use face to face....it only works with other Iphones as well..Again nothing new Nokia had this years ago...WITH face to face calling available on the 3 network...it never took off...

- The only benefits I see...are the inbuilt Gyrosope, thinner case, and uprated camera. Good apps database and support,

- Too little too late though...other manufacturers already have better cameras, true 4G network support, etc etc...

- No doubt Iphone 4G will sell loads because of all the clever marketing and the Apple fanboys however...

Perhaps the biggest issue is though...Apple have issues with Abode hence there will never be Adobe Flash support on the Iphone...85% of websites use Adobe Flash...

Who writes the Gurbani apps,it might be worth dropping them an email and ask them to develop the apps for multiple platform...windows mobile, Android etc..

Then you wouldnt have to rely on Apple..

Iphone 4g ? whats so special it's just more Apple marketing hype....it's not a lot different than the 3GS...Despite the name it is NOT a 4G phone as in 4G network support...it's a 3G phone...but "Apple 4th generation"

- It's still using an out of date TFT Acive Matrix screen...other manufacturers have moved onto higher quality, lower power AMOLED screens. They can try and make up clever marketing words like Retina display etc...fact remains it's still TFT active matrix.

- At the official launch Steve Jobs Apples CEO couldnt even get the Iphone 4 to conenct to the internet over WiFi or cellular...a bit embarrasing I think...

- It's got a front mounted camera...but it only works over WiFi..thats right you cant do phone calls and use face to face....it only works with other Iphones as well..Again nothing new Nokia had this years ago...WITH face to face calling available on the 3 network...it never took off...

- The only benefits I see...are the inbuilt Gyrosope, thinner case, and uprated camera. Good apps database and support,

- Too little too late though...other manufacturers already have better cameras, true 4G network support, etc etc...

- No doubt Iphone 4G will sell loads because of all the clever marketing and the Apple fanboys however...

Perhaps the biggest issue is though...Apple have issues with Abode hence there will never be Adobe Flash support on the Iphone...85% of websites use Adobe Flash...

Who writes the Gurbani apps,it might be worth dropping them an email and ask them to develop the apps for multiple platform...windows mobile, Android etc..

Then you wouldnt have to rely on Apple..

I understand that Apple cretaes lot of hype and marketing for their products, but I think their products are quite robust, reliable. On their phones software and hardware works perfectly in sync. I think on iphone they are still way ahead in UI design. Their features might be lesser than some other phones but whatever features they have work flawlessly wonderfully. With Iphone 4 i think they have improved a lot. They have both front and back cameras, 5 mp camera is good enough, display is high resolution, high quality video recording is possible, multitasking is avaialble, battery life will be ok, its physically robust. Even if you leave behind marketing terms like retina display etc, just good resolution on screen is enough. I know its not 4G its only iphone 4, which means 4th gen iphone and will work only on 3G but to be honest it doesn't make any difference. 4G is available only in 33 US cities yet. I think it will be couple of years till 4G becomes available everywhere in UK (i am in UK) , till then 4G phones is virtually useless. about face to face video calls, I dont think it works on any other phone yet over 3G and even if it worked you will need same kind of phones on both side. So this feature on any phone/network is only a fad for those who are ready to buy two phones of same type. I am probably never going to use this feature so doesn't matter.

About flash, you are right, but again depends on how many flash sites you have to visit on the move. For me it is non issue as I use flash sites only on laptop.

I know in feature terms other phones might be better but apple's flawless user interface experience beats everything. and if its shortcomings are not something that will affect the way in which you mostly use your smartphone then its worth it.

Just wanted to know what people here think of new iphone 4 with iOS4. I think its pretty good.

More importantly does anyone know if Gurbanianywhere or iSikhi software will work on this new phone?

Gurfateh Ji

GA was designed not to rely on a specific version of the iPhone OS and GA was also designed taking multitasking into consideration as we knew along time ago that Apple would need to someday multi task their OS.

At present we have not got a version of 0S 4.0 so we cannot test for you, but techincally GA should work out of the box.

Hope this helps.

GA Admin

Thanks Gurbanianywhere team for making such a wonderfull gurbani software which is benefitting so many people. Everytiime someone searches for a shabad , reads it and contemplates it makes huge difference to that person. And this has become possible only with your efforts. And keeping the software uptodate with so many devices and operating systems is quite a challenge. Its you magnanimity that you are not charging anything for the software but I think its responsibility of every user of the software that they donate something to gurbanianywhere team. I will surely do my bit.

Thanks akalpurakhdifauj for confirming that it works on iOS 4. Just takes me one step closer to buying it having resisted the temptation for iphone so far. I think this version is a matured version with very few shortcomings.