Sacrilege At Rochester Gurdwara

What is your role in this? Are you hired by GOR? Are you a sikh?

While agree that there may be factional issues between two parties but

i am not able to understand why they ban the kirpan worn by singhs.

You wrote

One of the basic reuirement of ikhism is tom have hair. Are you telling us that people managing GOR have formulated new

guidelines for sikhism?

How do you know that managment of POR are good sikhs?

They have abandoned basics of sikhism and hence are apostates.In simple language

they do not qualify to be sikhs.

Shaven Sikhs outnumber hairy ones 10 to 1.

Who are you to Quantify what makes a Sikh or who should run a Gurdwara?

My father was one of a few that held collections in pubs and opened one of the first Gurdwaras, many more shaven Sikhs did the same all over the country, where were you amritdharis then?

Now the Gurdwaras and communities are built you think you have a right to come and dictate to us who should be in charge?

The arrogance displayed here is breathtaking...

But it won't wash.

If amritdharis continue along this path of segregation and eliteism you will end up with nothing more than an offshoot cult of Guru Nanak,s Sikhi

Shaven Sikhs outnumber hairy ones 10 to 1.

Who are you to Quantify what makes a Sikh or who should run a Gurdwara?

My father was one of a few that held collections in pubs and opened one of the first Gurdwaras, many more shaven Sikhs did the same all over the country, where were you amritdharis then?

Now the Gurdwaras and communities are built you think you have a right to come and dictate to us who should be in charge?

The arrogance displayed here is breathtaking...

But it won't wash.

If amritdharis continue along this path of segregation and eliteism you will end up with nothing more than an offshoot cult of Guru Nanak,s Sikhi

Read sikh code of conduct before writing here. This is prepared by khalsa panth.

Khoolasice - Your point is baseless.

This discussion is about banning of Amritdhari Sikhs in a USA Gurudwara. Sehajdhari Sikhs are a lot involved in any sort of sewa in any Indian OR International Gurudwaras, and form a part of even Management Committes, lots of them have been the founders and founding members of various Gurudwaras and lots of them have made their first kid as Kesh Dhari.

Now, as far as the Khalsa code of conduct is concerned, an Amritdhari Sikh is the full form of "KHALSA" as baptised by Guru Gobind Singh Jee and encoded in Rehat Maryada. And it is what this form of KHALSA and Panj Pyare from whom Guru Jee himself asked for Amrit Pahul. It is this KHALSA and Panj Pyare to whom Guru Jee said the whole Panth to look at when the whole Panth is in need of direction.

Having said that, the defination of a Sikh does not stops over there, and it extends to Sehajdhari Hindus Or even people from any other community OR religion. It is a very wide defination, and even as per Rehat Maryada, Guru Jee says "Rehat Pyari Mujhko, Sikh pyara nahin". So, even is a beard grown Sikh might not be a Guru's Sikh if does not behaves as per Rehat Maryada.

So, what you are doing is just distorting the discussion and trying to take the discussion in baseless territories. Read the code of conduct and Rehat Maryada first ...OR

Rather you seem to be justifying the ban of Amritdhari Sikhs in that US Gurudwara?

Khoolasice - Your point is baseless.

This discussion is about banning of Amritdhari Sikhs in a USA Gurudwara. Sehajdhari Sikhs are a lot involved in any sort of sewa in any Indian OR International Gurudwaras, and form a part of even Management Committes, lots of them have been the founders and founding members of various Gurudwaras and lots of them have made their first kid as Kesh Dhari.

Now, as far as the Khalsa code of conduct is concerned, an Amritdhari Sikh is the full form of "KHALSA" as baptised by Guru Gobind Singh Jee and encoded in Rehat Maryada. And it is what this form of KHALSA and Panj Pyare from whom Guru Jee himself asked for Amrit Pahul. It is this KHALSA and Panj Pyare to whom Guru Jee said the whole Panth to look at when the whole Panth is in need of direction.

Having said that, the defination of a Sikh does not stops over here, and it extends to Sehajdhari Hindus Or even people from any other community OR religion. It is a very wide defination, and even as per Rehat Maryada, Guru Jee says "Rehat Pyari Mujhko, Sikh pyara nahin". So, even is a beard grown Sikh might not be a Guru's Sikh if does not behaves as per Rehat Maryada.

So, what you are doing is just distorting the discussion and trying to take the discussion in baseless territories. Read the code of conduct and Rehat Maryada first ...

I don't believe ALL amritdharis are banned, rather a small number of troublemakers that happen to be amritdharis, having kesh does not give anyone the right to cause trouble for people.

I would argue that these jumped up little upstarts are not Sikhs hair or no hair.

I don't believe ALL amritdharis are banned, rather a small number of troublemakers that happen to be amritdharis, having kesh does not give anyone the right to cause trouble for people.

I would argue that these jumped up little upstarts are not Sikhs hair or no hair.

Your profound hate for sikhs ( A sikh is that who has hair) shows your background.

If you do not have knowledge of sikhism you can ask others. There is no permanent sehajdhari in

sikhism.See Maha kosh for definition of a sehajdhari.

For your knowledge all amritdharis are banned. have a life before indulging in sikh bashing.

My father was one of a few that held collections in pubs and opened one of the first Gurdwaras, many more shaven Sikhs did the same all over the country,where were you amritdharis then

I am a little confused by the above assertion. It is not true as it contradicts historical facts.

Let us know the name of the Gurudawara alongwith city/town and the year in which it was built.

Quite Frankly, the internet is loaded with distorted video and blog posts that have not represented the actual events at the GOR. As a lifetime member of the GOR, I have asked the GOR to respond, with the facts of this case, to Sikh organizations that are being overloaded with distorted facts. However, the GOR Management Group does not with to comment because they realize that this issue with a small group of insurgents is not going to be solved in the court of public opinion but in the court of law.

I agree with the logic of the GOR Management. However, I think that some communication needs to be put out to help balance what is being posted everywhere.

Ultimately it is up to each Sikh to decide on their own but they should know both sides of the story.

Quite frankly the judge does not get the full story like in this case(because some true events in this huge problem are not seen as evidence in a court room). It's obvious what this committee is up to whether you are apart of it or not, the people of this committee will be dealt with appropriately. You cannot kick sangat out of a Gurdwara and you cannot make a Gurdwara on the bases of Sikhi a private organization because Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji along with Sri Akal Takht Sahib ji has the right here.

You are not fooling anyone here with your antics.

The last time I talked with the GOR's Trustees, yes Kirpans, not long swords, are allowed.

The only reason that the Kirpan was even brought into this issue was because the 4 banned insurgents were photographed brandishing swords inside of the Gurdwara in an attempt to intimidate the Trustees and the Sangat. Had these fundementalists acted appropriately, then there would have never been an issue.

So there you have it, Kirpans ARE allowed.

Just because you see a man in a turban crying foul, it doesn't mean you should just jump up and start crying with him....

God gave you ability to reason and use logic.

There will be Giannis at that Gurdwara, they will be carrying kirpans.

Your profound hate for sikhs ( A sikh is that who has hair) shows your background.

Your profound hatred for Guru Nanak's Sikhs (Sehajdharis) shows you have no future in mainstream Sikhi.