Sacrilege At Rochester Gurdwara

You are right.This is a case of group rivalary and i have gathered it is very old.The court cases are going on since long.

This newspaper indulges in yellow journalism and prints distorted news.

G P S , bro, did you follow the entire thread & read all posts?

1 the clipping & news is conformed by singhs in USA

2 banning entry of amritdharis , & wearing kirpan under whatsoever pretext

cannot be acceptable , and cannot be taken lightly by saying it's just group

rivalry , only a person who is anti sikhi ca do it

as i said earlier, to discuss antecedents of the news paper or editor one should start

separate thread , Here without being personal we are discussing and drawing attention of

misdeeds of some ppl in USA

Who is the singh from USA? I did not read anyone posting such thing as being from uSA.

I live in uSA myself and there is no such news in Punjabi newspapers in uSa. And we have

two dozen newspapers here.I personally know people who are involved in this case.

have you read the opinion of Bhen ji Amarjit kaur.

I rate this paper as trash and i follow akal takhat.For me this newspaper is anti sikh and i do

not post news from this paper as they are lies.

Here's another Punjabi newspaper, the story is on page 15. There are other Punjabi newspapers that published this news and I can give them to you if you find any dirt on this editor. Otherwise the information again is repeated and is the same story as the rest.

http://www.shanpanja...-paper/1-40.pdf

Obviously the report says about group rivalary between two groups.You need to read it carefully.

This is what my friend from Rouchester says who has been living there for 30 years.

It is the same committee that had invited Ragi Darshan lal twice to do bukwas.And ragi Darshan lal

does wear kirpan like all otehr visiting jathas.

Bottomline is trash newspaper spokesman is not worth to believe in.

Obviously the report says about group rivalary between two groups.You need to read it carefully.

This is what my friend from Rouchester says who has been living there for 30 years.

It is the same committee that had invited Ragi Darshan lal twice to do bukwas.And ragi Darshan lal

it's not only me or you that are the guys whose opinion should matter only

we are discussing the one of the ugliest incident, if it is rivalry than the worst has happened

and both groups should be held accountable

if one guy wants to close eyes , ok no problem , but what is bad is BAD

that is all i can say and we all should come forward to remedy it

First from snaps management members of Gurdwara do not come under sikh under the definition of sikh they r sirgums according to sikh rehat mayada I personaly feel these mmanagement needs beating with shoes and atleast 1000 kicks for demeaning sikhi if american sikhs can not do this seva people like us r ready to this seva this is mildest punishment , these rascals r reapeating same history mahant narain dass of nankana shaiab and other mahants who had commited same sin and these people need severe punishment.

First from snaps management members of Gurdwara do not come under sikh under the definition of sikh they r sirgums according to sikh rehat mayada I personaly feel these mmanagement needs beating with shoes and atleast 1000 kicks for demeaning sikhi if american sikhs can not do this seva people like us r ready to this seva this is mildest punishment , these rascals r reapeating same history mahant narain dass of nankana shaiab and other mahants who had commited same sin and these people need severe punishment

There are two groups in Gurudwara. Both groups have such members. Gurudawaras of USA

had a bad history such as in old days there were Gurudwaras that were having chairs inside

Diwan Halls and people were going with shoes.

Even if there's two groups there's one single issue and that is what should a true Gurdwara should be. That is where you can get the two sides. One who would support a more sikhi way and promote sikhi to other generations and reform the gurdwara system in place, or you have a basic gurdwara and it's pretty much a country club where all the sikhs can meet up. In the case with Rochester there are two groups, one who wants to promote sikhi and spread it in gurdwara, a side that I myself would choose or you are satisfied that it's a club and you can just go there and have fun. so this sikhi group goes in a spreads sikhi to everyone, now everything was going fine before and the people in power aka those who dont want to change, we will label them "mahants". they dont want to change their lifestyle which i mean stop drinking liquor and grow back their hair and tie a turban they just want to come to gurdwara, perhaps collect the money the sangat has left for the guru and go home. Now the other sikhs just want to spread sikhi to the local sangat, and then you get the conflict where the mahants dont want them spreading Sikhism and taking over their "clubhouse" and turning it to a gurdwara, they are seeing these Sikhs as a threat. since these Sikhs are mostly amritdhari why not just ban kirpans from gurdwara and that would easily solve this issue. it's obvious they would ban kirpans since none of them are amritdhari and dont even see the point of wearing a kirpan. They take these sikhs to court make the kirpan look bad in front of the judge and now you have the banning of kirpan from a sikh gurdwara. This is what happened in rochester and many other similar cases are happening throughout many gurdwaras in the usa. This is a disease slowly spreading to many gurdwaras and it's up to sikhs to make the right decision and stop these mahants and their ideologies from destroying our gurdwaras.

Even if there's two groups there's one single issue and that is what should a true Gurdwara should be. That is where you can get the two sides. One who would support a more sikhi way and promote sikhi to other generations and reform the gurdwara system in place, or you have a basic gurdwara and it's pretty much a country club where all the sikhs can meet up. In the case with Rochester there are two groups, one who wants to promote sikhi and spread it in gurdwara, a side that I myself would choose or you are satisfied that it's a club and you can just go there and have fun. so this sikhi group goes in a spreads sikhi to everyone, now everything was going fine before and the people in power aka those who dont want to change, we will label them "mahants". they dont want to change their lifestyle which i mean stop drinking liquor and grow back their hair and tie a turban they just want to come to gurdwara, perhaps collect the money the sangat has left for the guru and go home. Now the other sikhs just want to spread sikhi to the local sangat, and then you get the conflict where the mahants dont want them spreading Sikhism and taking over their "clubhouse" and turning it to a gurdwara, they are seeing these Sikhs as a threat. since these Sikhs are mostly amritdhari why not just ban kirpans from gurdwara and that would easily solve this issue. it's obvious they would ban kirpans since none of them are amritdhari and dont even see the point of wearing a kirpan. They take these sikhs to court make the kirpan look bad in front of the judge and now you have the banning of kirpan from a sikh gurdwara. This is what happened in rochester and many other similar cases are happening throughout many gurdwaras in the usa. This is a disease slowly spreading to many gurdwaras and it's up to sikhs to make the right decision and stop these mahants and their ideologies from destroying our gurdwaras.

if that is happening in many guru ghars , are we sleeping? getup do some thing

• 2 months later...