Sacrilege At Rochester Gurdwara

to day we have come across news that the Rochester Gurdwara (usa)

the trustees of Gurdwara(all clean shavens ) have through court petition

suceeded in banning entries of sabat surat and amritdhari singhs in Gurdwara.

To remind , this is the same gurdwara where Ragi Darshan Singh gave the

controvertial lecture which was reported to akal takhat by the Lamba

the report has been published in Daily spokesman today( 13june2010)

page 3 & can be seen on line at following link

http://www.***anti-sikh website not allowed***/fullpage.aspx?view=main&yview=2010&mview=Jun&dview=13&pview=3

I will not believe anything that appears in this newspaper.Neither i will recommend any Gursikh to read this newspaper.

This is a heretic newspaper who is the cause of current problems in sikh panth. The editor has been excommunicated.Recently

he wrote against SGGS ji and has been slapped with criminal cases.

I will not believe anything that appears in this newspaper.Neither i will recommend any Gursikh to read this newspaper.

This is a heretic newspaper who is the cause of current problems in sikh panth. The editor has been excommunicated.Recently

he wrote against SGGS ji and has been slapped with criminal cases.

we are discussing an incident which should get immidiate attention , and not the news paper or the editor, the report gives snaps of the pres & secy of the gurdwara. My purpose was to get the same confirmed or denied by any singh in USA . Further discussions about the person or

news paper, i request the guys to start a new thread

Yes this is true, all but one of the trustes are clean shaven. they have declared that Kirpan is a weapon and this is not allowed in this gurdwara. they have also said that amritdhari shiks do not have to wear a kirpan they can get a picture of kirpan engraved on kanga and that should be enough. thaey also ban discussions about 5 kakar.

Yes this is true, all but one of the trustes are clean shaven. they have declared that Kirpan is a weapon and this is not allowed in this gurdwara. they have also said that amritdhari shiks do not have to wear a kirpan they can get a picture of kirpan engraved on kanga and that should be enough. thaey also ban discussions about 5 kakar.

now that the news is confirmed , what the USA sangat proposes to do?

Can we in India some way join hands to help, what kind of assistance

we can give? should this be reported to SGPC , lest they claim ignorance

in future ?

To ppl like GPS (no personal grudge plz ) should try to keep in mind

we can get any wrongdoer, only when we follow him and more we

have to bother matter of our interest only irrepective of source .

yes, I read that news paper daily and let no chance go for reminding the

ppl behind the publish that they are being followed will not be spared

for anything nasty they publish

I strongly believe that the story must be really different than what is stated in Newspaper. When this gurdwara invites darshan singh then all such as propaganda newspaper praises them and when they deny ragi to come to their gurdwara then those same ppl makes stories about em. There must be some internal fights going on within the management but i strongly believe that no gurdwara in america have himat of taking such anti-sikh steps.

I strongly believe that the story must be really different than what is stated in Newspaper. When this gurdwara invites darshan singh then all such as propaganda newspaper praises them and when they deny ragi to come to their gurdwara then those same ppl makes stories about em. There must be some internal fights going on within the management but i strongly believe that no gurdwara in america have himat of taking such anti-sikh steps.

yes they must be doing this as a publicity stunt to get more Sikhs in Rochester and to visit the gurdwara. look lying about sikhs being banned from a gurdwara is one thing and the other is a video of raagi darshan singh that was used in a wrong way by a reporter is another thing. No Sikh would ever joke around about them being banned from a gurdwara and this is a serious issue. This is the first time in Sikh history to my knowledge that a gurdwara has banned Sikhs from wearing a kirpan.

The Sikhs in Rochester are trying to take the case to a higher court and re-appeal to get the ban on kirpan removed. the gurdwara management has also banned a few amritdhari sikhs from even stepping on gurdwara property and they are also trying to get that removed and are seeking a way to stop the gurdwara from ever doing this again. If one gurdwara in new york state can ban sikhs and kirpans then perhaps other gurdwaras can do the same and we must set the example to remove these mahants from the gurdwara management committee and their ideologies from gurdwara.

yes they must be doing this as a publicity stunt to get more Sikhs in Rochester and to visit the gurdwara. look lying about sikhs being banned from a gurdwara is one thing and the other is a video of raagi darshan singh that was used in a wrong way by a reporter is another thing. No Sikh would ever joke around about them being banned from a gurdwara and this is a serious issue. This is the first time in Sikh history to my knowledge that a gurdwara has banned Sikhs from wearing a kirpan.

The Sikhs in Rochester are trying to take the case to a higher court and re-appeal to get the ban on kirpan removed. the gurdwara management has also banned a few amritdhari sikhs from even stepping on gurdwara property and they are also trying to get that removed and are seeking a way to stop the gurdwara from ever doing this again. If one gurdwara in new york state can ban sikhs and kirpans then perhaps other gurdwaras can do the same and we must set the example to remove these mahants from the gurdwara management committee and their ideologies from gurdwara.

Darshan singh did bukwas against character of guru Gobind singh ji at this Gurudwara.Reporter only brought the facts to attention of sikhs.

My information says that there are two groups in Gurudwara and this is a tussle for control of gurudwara. Nothing more than that.

Do not believe in news of this this anti sikh newspaper whose standard is very low.

yes, I read that news paper daily and let no chance go for reminding the

ppl behind the publish that they are being followed will not be spared

for anything nasty they publish

But the editor of this paper is excommunicated. jathedar of akal takhat has issued directive

not to read this newspaper. Do you have a different code.

is a video of raagi darshan singh that was used in a wrong way by a reporter is another thing

What do you mean by wrong way. Darshan lal was on air for one hour and he did not say this.

As far as I know, THere are internal fights going on between mone sikhs and Amritdhari sikhs. Both claiming to be following sikhism in a better way. They are in courts about what can happen in gurudwara and what not. And other party saying who can enter gurughar and not.

Finally, judge in court ruling that no swords allowed.

Now, with judge's ruling, both parties not being happy.

again, debate about is Kirpan symbol or a weapon??

You be the judge.