Sri Dasam Granth Sahib

WJKK WJKF

I was reading from Sri Dasam Granth and I'm confused on a few tuks. These tuks are from the section where Guru Ji talks about the Kalki Avtaar.

ਏਕ ਧਰਮ ਪਰ ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਨ ਚਲ ਹੈ ॥ ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਦੋਊ ਮਤ ਦਲ ਹੈ ॥ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਮਤ ਘਰ ਘਰ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਏਕ ਪੈਂਡ ਚਲਹੈ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ॥੧੭॥

Ek dharam par prajaa na chal hai|| Bed Kateb dooo mat dal hai || Bhinn bhinn mat ghar ghat hoi|| Ek paind chal-hai nahi koi||17||

The subjects will not follow only one religion, and there will be disobedience to both the scriptures of Hinduism and Semitic religion; various religions will be prevelant in various homes and none will follow the one and the same path.17. (Page 1136)

What does Guru Ji mean when he says the subjects will not follow only one religion? What is that one religion? And why isn't Sikhism mentioned?

ਪੜਿ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਨ ਭੂਲ ਪੁਰਾਨਾ ॥ ਕੋਊ ਨ ਪਕਰ ਹੈ ਪਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨਾ ॥ ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਜਵਨ ਕਰਿ ਲਹਿ ਹੈ ॥ ਤਾਕਹ ਗੋਬਰਾਗਨ ਮੋ ਦਹਿ ਹੈ ॥੧੩॥

Pad(i)hai koina bhool puraanaa|| Kooo na pakar hai paan Kuraanaa|| Bed Kateb javan kar(i) lah(i) hai|| Taakah goharaagad mo dah(i)||13||

No one will study Puranas even by mistake and will not catch the holy Quran in his hand; he, who will catch the Vedas and Katebs, he will be killed by burning him in the fire of cowdung.13. (Page 1136)

Is this a prophecy or is it figuratively written? Can someone please explain this tuk more?

ਹਿੰਦਵ ਕੋਈ ਨ ਤੁਰਕਾ ਰਹਿ ਹੈ ॥ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਘਰ ਘਰ ਮਤਿ ਗਹਿ ਹੈ ॥ਏਕ ਏਕ ਕੇ ਪੰਥ ਨ ਚਲ ਹੈ ॥ ਏਕ ਏਕ ਕੀ ਬਾਤ ਉਥਲ ਹੈ ॥੭॥

Hindav koina Turkaa rah(i) bai|| Bhinn bhinn ghar ghar mat(i) gadh hoi|| Ek ek ke panth na chal bai|| Ek ek kibaat uthal bai||7||

There will neither be a true Hindu nor a true Muslim; there will be diverse in every home; on one will follow the established religious paths and will oppose the saying of each other.7. (Page 1136)

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਮਤ ਦੁਹੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਹਰਿ ਕਰ ॥ ਚਲਿ ਹੈ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਮਤ ਘਰ ਘਰ ॥ ਏਕ ਏਕ ਕੇ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਨ ਗਹਿ ਹੈ ॥ ਏਕ ਏਕ ਕੇ ਸੰਗ ਨ ਰਹਿ ਹੈ ॥੧੧॥

Hindu Turak mat duhnoo prahar(i) kar|| Chal(i) bai bhinn bhinn mat ghar ghar|| Ek ek ke mantra no gadh hai|| Ek ek ke sang na rah(i) bai||11||

Hinduism and Islam will be relinquished and in every home there will be diverse beliefs; no one will listen to the ideas of another one; on one will remain with anyone.11. (Page 1136)

And finally why does Guru Ji only mention Hinduism and Islam? Does this mean that there will be pure Sikhs (like does it mean that the Khalsa will remain pure)? I know this sounds like a foolish question but why aren't Sikhs mentioned in this section?

One more request, does anyone know of any Katha talking about the Kalki Avtar so I could understand this section easier?

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Bhul Chuk Maaf

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do we forget that our faith does not approve the concept of avtaars

at many places in gurbanis the so called avtaars have been proved to

be as human as we .

the idea of the avtaar kathas in dasam granth is only to acquain us about

the tenets of hinduism only (for comparative purpose ) . We should not draw

ourselves into it , We are the worshippers of the Supreme powewr only

thanks , sorry if someone feels offended , but the facts wont change

FATEH

why do we forget that our faith does not approve the concept of avtaars

at many places in gurbanis the so called avtaars have been proved to

be as human as we .

the idea of the avtaar kathas in dasam granth is only to acquain us about

the tenets of hinduism only (for comparative purpose ) . We should not draw

ourselves into it , We are the worshippers of the Supreme powewr only

thanks , sorry if someone feels offended , but the facts wont change

FATEH

Guru Granth sahib says that avtars came to this earth from order of akal purakh.

This is second time i am correcting you on this. Earlier i had quoted a verse from

SGGS sahib to support my point.

Dasam Granth says same thing and goes further by humnifying these avtars thus

demolishing their Godly status. Dasam granth teachings are strictly and more forceful for belief in

one supreme reality who is not born and does not die.

To Hkaur ji

Dasam Granth gives story of kalki avtar saying when there will be tyranny , injustice and immorality

Kalki avtar will appear to undo these things. Dasam Granth sahib goes further and shows kalki avtar

bitten by ego and declaring himself as God. This is when akal purakh sends another person named

Mir Mehdi to kill him.

Essence is it is God that is supreme.

Maharaj is saying people won't properly follow their religions. we see people following new age teachings, they mix and match, pick and choose what they want to follow. just a lot of hypocrisy and munn marjee in guise of dharm.

there will come a time when people of some dharms (maybe all, i don't know) will be hunted and killed. people will be forced to follow false religions. that time is not too far from now. it is within our lifetime and we need to do more bhagti.

survival comes from naaam.

• 2 weeks later...