bowing to sants

kam1825

sants can never lose their relevance, its just us people who do not understand, and are lost in the world, if you are referin to people who act like sants then thats just you lackof knowledge about who is and isntasant.

Gurbani Vichar is very very important, especially when its coming from sants, they have so much gian,they pass it to us, its relevance is very very important. the guru tells us to do vichar of gurbani, its nothing to do with being born a leader that is hype, if we realise what our hukam is then we can understand all this.

becareful in what you say.

I'm more talking about the human side of this, I think sants will come and go, there will be more, hoever, I have a feeling that some people over depend on them to make sikhi better or to delever them from something. Yes they do pass things on to us... to bad there are those out there that take advantage of people. :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keval tey keval guru sahib

nobody else

metha thek to guru sahib & gurfateh to gursikhs

when u say fateh u lower ur head a bit.....tats norm i guess.....n some elder gursikhs will give asseeesaa....they hug u n stuff.....i juz love those stuff

but never metha thek cos

bhullan andar sabh ko; abhull gur kartaar ||

a little story when i was little and went to the gurdwara at amrit vela bhai rama singh ji use to be always there and my mum use to make telll me to bow to them i would do so but when about to bow they woulkd pick me up and hug me. The 3rd time i did it they took me infront of dhan dhan guru granth sahib ji mahraaj and said you only bow to one person that is guru granth sahib ji, even though they sound like such simplw words it stayed in my heart for ever and from that day on i have neva bowed to anyone else except guru ji :D

BANG ON!!! :D

Only bow to ur Guru

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 2 weeks later...

i think people in the sangat need to understand what muth thekna is. i dont know about other people, but when i mutha thek i am giving my head to rhub. guru granth sahib is rhub himself and for that i give him my head.

i touch the feet of saints because they too help me and tell me ways i can get to god. it is clearly mentioned in japji sahib.

many people bow to saints and some do not. i want to know your thoughts.

Many people would not bow to saints but are willing to do so when it comes to shasters, places where the gurus have sat, shoes when they are doing seva of cleaning them.

Many are happy to bow at other things as well but when it comes to a sant it becomes a definate no no?

please explain why!

NO!! only idiots who believe in Sant-Mat do this!

many people bow to saints and some do not. i want to know your thoughts.

Many people would not bow to saints but are willing to do so when it comes to shasters, places where the gurus have sat, shoes when they are doing seva of cleaning them.

Many are happy to bow at other things as well but when it comes to a sant it becomes a definate no no?

please explain why!

NO!! only idiots who believe in Sant-Mat do this!

I can image if you existed in guru's time, you probably have called guru's shesh(Students) - idiots - starting from bhai lehna ji for bowing down to satguru nanak patsah and doing seva of satguru patsah.

Now you going to accuse me that i m comparing satguru patsah with sants, i m not making sants as guru, i m not giving them guru padavi, i know the difference guru is guru , sant is a sant. Guru is a father, sant are his pyare ladlae. They follow their father teachings so fine that they lose their existence and merge with their father, Hence Vahiguroo ji himself talk when real sant speaks.

Utam Shalok Sadh Kai Bachan ||

A Singh and Singhni's head should and never will bow to anyone or anything except Sri Guru Granth Sahib Sache Patshah. PERIODDDDDD.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I have personally never bowed infront of anyone but our SGGS, even if everyone around me (parents included) have done so.

SGGS jee is the only Guru that I will ever have, and as such is the only one that I will give my head to.

As to the gutkas (prayer book), it is a part of the SGGS, so it is a part of Guru Sahib. I see no harm in bowing to such a portion of Guru sahib!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Now that is a true Canadian respone Alberta, Canada. :TH:

People matha tekh to the Nishan Sahib

People matha tekh to the shoes in the Jora Ghar of Gurdware

People matha tekh to kakaar

People matha tekh to objects that belonged to our Gurus in historical Gurdware

Is this wrong???

If u ask me its a sign of humility, bowing down to something that is greater than yourself!!

Humility ----- something that is greatly lacking in our community!

bhul chuk maaf