I Want To To Die!

GurGurKaro

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey is it possible you can do some chaupai sahibs when you feel down. Make some target for yourself and keep going until that target. When you reach that target, make another one and keep going like that. Eventually you will see the +ve change in your life. It may take some time, but don't let that demotivate you. Atleast you will be doing something to improve your situation, rather than letting it get worse.

Guest Guest

You seem to be seeking attention. And worrying others, that's not the way to go. A person can't say they do paat and simran and still nothing . It means ur not doing it from your heart and concentrating. The key to Sikhi is faith, devotion and honesty.

I do paat and i see no difference. i feel worse.

I dont know what to do!!

Elders encourage the sanctuary of Sukhmani Sahib during times of illness and anxiety. If you can't read Sukhmani Sahib yet, start with an audio and follow with your Gutka sahib.

If you desperately want see change in your life, commit to a daily Sukhmani Sahib. I have seen and hear of peoples lives changing after they implement Sukhmani Sahib into their jeevans.

The first Ashtapadee of Sukhmani Sahib starts with

simra-o simar simar sukh paava-o.

Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and find peace.

kal kalays tan maahi mitaava-o.

Worry and anguish shall be dispelled from your body.

There's nothing more amazing that Gurbani to guide us and shape our lifestyles. Guru Arjan Devji blessed us with an amazing bani to help get over our low points. Unless we seriously implement it, we won't see change....Change can also be slow. A depressive state is something you need to grow out of it is not something that can go away overnight.

Also offer goodwill to other people as this creates a powerful positive energy. Focusing on other people’s good qualities can definitely help improve your own state of mind. There is a principle that what we give out, we get back. Therefore, by offering positive energy to, at some time, we will also be the recipient.

Thoughts play a very significant role in determining our state of mind. If we pursue negative thoughts then we give them greater power and influence over our state of being. However, Gurbani helps decide which thoughts to allow and which to reject. We have to learn to be vigilant and prevent negative thoughts from taking hold. As soon as we become aware of negative thoughts we should let go of them.

Avoid feelings of guilt .If we have made a mistake, harbouring feelings of guilt will not help alleviate the situation. In particular, we are seeking to avoid feelings of guilty for minor events of no significance. Often we have done nothing wrong, but, others seek to make us feel guilty for their bad fortune. Instead of feeling guilty we should seek to concentrate on doing the right thing.

Don’t Base your Happiness solely on other people. If we expect to gain happiness from another person, at some time, we are bound to be disappointed. If bad relationships end, we should see it as an opportunity to move on. It is no use dwelling on what might have been. It is also a mistake to feel that we can change somebody to match our preferences. If we seek to change a person fundamentally we will just feel frustrated when we fail.

Have Low Expectations of people. Depression often occurs because our desires remain unfulfilled. The more desires we have, the more likely we are to be disappointed. After disappointment comes a sense of frustration and depression. If we minimise our desires then we will not be prone to disappointment. This does not mean we cannot strive for excellence and achieve things. We definitely should strive to achieve various accomplishments. However, we should try to have an attitude of detachment to the outcome. Nor should we expect people to behave in a certain way.

Guest cruellife

I also want to kill myself and have been contemplating suicide for the past few months. Everything is hopeless. I took a random shabad but don't know what they ever mean. Things don't work.

ਮਃ 5 ॥

ma 5 ||

Fifth Mehla:

ਜੀਵੰਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਚੇਤਿਆ ਮਰੰਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ॥

jeeva(n)dhiaa har chaethiaa mara(n)dhiaa har ra(n)g ||

One who remembers the Lord while he is alive, shall be imbued with the Lord's Love when he dies.

ਜਨਮੁ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਤਾਰਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਿ ॥2॥

janam padhaarathh thaariaa naanak saadhhoo sa(n)g ||2||

The precious gift of his life is redeemed, O Nanak, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||2||

Guest Guest

Why can't everyone just see that the problem here is depression. So whoever feels like this, the best thing and the only thing you can really do is go and see your doctor. If u want it all to stop, what's so hard about making a trip to see your doctor? That's what I don't get .