Sarna Does It Agian

GPS

The following news appeared in Ajit newspaper today :

d111608830.jpgd82407862.jpg

A quick translation:

Taking prompt action against allegations made by Sarna Brothers against Justice H.S. Phoolka, Singh Sahib Gyani Gurbachan Singh called a prompt meeting and issued summons to Delhi Gurdwara Prabhandhak Committe's chief Paramjit Sarna and his brother to appear at Sri Akal Takht Sahib on 26 July for clarifications. In the meantime, Sarna told on phone that he will not be able to come on 26 July due to family commitments and will request for time after 10 August onwards. It is worth mentioning that S. Phoolka has expressed deep resentment on threats being issued to him by sarna brothers, and has asked for assigning some other lawyer for fighting the sikh genocide cases that he had been fighting thus far.

Emergency Meeting Called: An emergency meeting was called by Singh Sahib upon receiving S. Phoolka's letter in which he said it is highly disappointing that Sarna brothers are mistreating S. Phoolka in this manner. Singh Sahib said that those who mercilessly massacred Sikhs are being sheltered. He issued a stern warning that heavy price will have to be paid if something happens to S. Phoolka. The entire Sikh nation and Singh Sahibaan are standing shoulder to shoulder with S. Phoolka. Singh Sahib requested S. Phoolka to be in the Chardi Kalaa and fight these cases with even more strength and vigour. In reply to the allegations made by sarna brothers, Singh Sahib said that the entire picture will become clear after the clarification on July 26 as to just what mistake has been made by S. Phoolka. Singh Sahib told that a meeting of all Singh Sahibaan has also been called on July 26.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvinder Singh Phoolka, counsel for the families of the 1984 ‘genoicde’ victims, said this evening that the Jathedar of Akal Takht, Giani Gurbachan Singh, had asked him to continue as the counsel of the victims.

“In view of the Akal Takht directive and sentiments expressed by the victims of the genocide and advice of the media, I have decided to defer my decision to withdraw from these cases till July 26,” Phoolka said.

Earlier Phoolka had decided to dissociate himself from the cases against senior Congress leaders like Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar after the DSGMC chief Paramjit Singh Sarna and his brother, HS Sarna, accused him of fighting these cases for “personal benefit.”

“In a deep-rooted conspiracy to save the guilty Congress leaders in the 1984 ‘genocide’ of Sikhs in the union capital case, Sikh leaders of Delhi have started a campaign to malign me and distract me from fighting these cases.”

He says that because of the allegations made against him by the DSGMC leaders, he had been having sleepless nights and was unable to prepare properly for the cases that were at a critical stage.

“I have been vehemently pursuing the cases relating to the Sikh genocide without charging any fee or donation from any one. In 1985 I was paid a meagre amount of Rs 15,000 by the DSGMC and after that since 1986 I have not received any money -- either from the DSGMC or any other organisation,” claims Phoolka. In a four-page letter sent to the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht and copies to Jathedars of the remaining four Takhts, Phoolka said that “in this fight for justice that he had been waging since 1984, I have never had any expectations from these Sikh leaders of Delhi. I have always stood alone against the perpetrators of the crime and have the resolve to do in the future as well. However, I feel that I do not have the conviction and the strength to be fighting the leaders of my own community in addition to the Congress leaders.”

He further wrote that now when the cases were reaching their peak and Sajjan Kumar was badly caught and strong proofs were emerging against Kamal Nath, at this delicate moment, Sikh leaders of the DSGMC have intensified their campaign to “malign me. The conspiracy is to involve me in defending myself against this malicious propaganda and hence distract me from these cases.” Maintaining that he could have made a lot of money by devoting his time to his commercial practice like his other fellow Senior Advocates, Phoolka said, “Not only did I put my practice at stake, but also my life at risk by facing the perpetrators of the genocide head on, all by myself. I have never accepted any security for myself. Justice Ranganathan Misra had ordered the police to provide me security but I refused.

Phoolka has urged the Jathedar of Akal Takht to take a timely decision in the matter and make alternative arrangements for another lawyer. “At this critical juncture, a mere delay of a few days can prove to be disastrous for the cases.

I assure you that till such alternative arrangements are made, I will continue with the cases and not let the cause suffer, whatever be the state of my mind,” he said in the letter.

'84 riots: Withdrawal of advocate 'unfortunate'

The withdrawal of advocate H. S. Phoolka from the 1984 riot cases is unfortunate for the Sikh community, said Delhi unit chief of the Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal), Manjit Singh G.K.

Phoolka has withdrawn his name after an allegation by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee president Paramjit Singh Sarna who accused him of 'financial waste' while campaigning for justice for the riot victims.

This development is very unfortunate in the Sikh politics as this has happened at the time when the accused Sajjan Kumar is getting weak in the legal battle, G.K. said.

Phoolka has devoted 25 years of his life for the cause of justice for the victims. During this period, he had been threatened by the culprits and making such an allegation is preplanned, he said.

G.K. has appealed to Akal Takhat to summon Sarna and request Phoolka to continue the fight.

Sarna was not available for comments.

It is a very a tactical move by congress agent Sarna to help his bosses Sajjan Kumar, kamal Nath. He wants to ease out

Phoolka and appoint another congress lawyer KTS Tulsi in his place.

KTS Tulsi is a known sikh baiter who defended Punjab police officials who were involved in fake encounters. He also represented

KPS Gill in molestation case.

This way Sarna will make sure that sajjan Kumar is not punished.Sikhs should wake up to his designs.Why cann't sGPC take

these cases under them? That is a million dollar question.

Letters of H.S. Phoolka to Akal Takhat Sahib.

Sardar H . S. Phoolka wrote a letter to Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib informing him about the circumstances and his decision bout quitting the cases of 1984 and also request to arrange new lawyer for the cases . Proud khalsa Network got the copy of letters.

http://www.proudkhalsanetwork.com/letter-of-h-s-phoolka-to/

The problem is that this sarna guy is everywhere.. he is the main guy of KAC (Khalsa Action Committee) in another word Bittu party likes him as he provides them with funds/manpower/lawyers. Darshan singer fan base consider sarna brother their guru for providing all resources to them. All anti akal takht ppl love this guy; example Rozana spokesman etc. Missionary college (ldh) are with him and got good seats/positions in delhi management. There should be a law that nobody can stay @ president chair for more than 5 years or something whether its SGPC or Delhi management.

Sarna needs to be on LEASH !!! He will never present himself in front of Akal Takht Sahib.. He has too much ego.. He runs the gurdwara management like it is his own business. Nobody can do anything except delhi ppl and i know they have no guts to do that..

http://sify.com/news...hxtubhjedg.html

Anti-Sikh riots cases lawyer to file defamation case

2010-07-23 19:20:00

Last Updated: 2010-07-23 19:28:19

jdqo3saabhj.jpgThe Congress party rode to power by a massive majority after the riots. The...New Delhi: Senior advocate H S Phoolka, who has been handling the 1984 anti-Sikh riots cases on behalf of all victims, on Friday said he would file a defamation suit against former Delhi High Court judge R D Sodhi for accusing him of professional misconduct.

"I am going to file a defamation suit against justice R S Sodhi for making statement against me. He should have thought before questioning my credentials," Phoolka told media persons.

Phoolka was referring to justice Sodhi's statement, in which he had said a senior advocate had got monetary benefit for handling riots cases.

Countering the allegation Phoolka said he had not taken "even a rupee" for appearing in these cases.

"These are the baseless allegations to divert my attention from the anti-Sikh riots cases, which are at crucial stage in the court," he said.

Phoolka has been on the forefront of raising a banner of support for the riots victims during judicial proceedings.

He has been appearing on behalf of the victims in riots cases filed against senior Congress leaders Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar.

Phoolka had decided to withdraw from all the riots cases following allegations of "personal benefits" levelled against him by justice Sodhi and President of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC).

However, on Thursday, he said he would continue handling the cases after Akal Takth -- the apex decision making body in the Sikh religion -- intervened and asked him to continue appearing on behalf of the victims.

All about: H S Phoolka, Anti-Sikh riot cases, New Delhi, Local News, Topnews