Sikhs Living In Pakistan

DhadiMania

Hanji Peshawar is that way....and the story is true.

Bhaji, can i ask you something..i have always wanted to visit Pakistan...sometime in my life i will. but can i ask how you went there...like from Wagha, Amritsar or directly from US/UK/Canada? which way is better, and do they give visa easily to foreign citizens...what about indian or european citizens? like the diferences i mean.

thanks ^_^

Hanji Peshawar is that way....and the story is true.

Bhaji, can i ask you something..i have always wanted to visit Pakistan...sometime in my life i will. but can i ask how you went there...like from Wagha, Amritsar or directly from US/UK/Canada? which way is better, and do they give visa easily to foreign citizens...what about indian or european citizens? like the diferences i mean.

thanks ^_^

I went to India first (from UK) and then crossed the border via the land crossing at Wagha. Indian passport holders have to take the train which is slower than the foot crossing.

You need to sort your Pakistan visa out before you travel. I went with a jatha and they arranged the Visa without any problems in a few days. If you could get a jatha together you may be able to arange something with the Pakistan embassy/consulate to make visa arrangements easier than for a single person. From what I heard it is easier for EU passport holders to get a Pak visa (dont know how it works in the US/Canada). It owuld be good if our US and Candaian brothers could start organising trips as it is not too hard for foreign passport holders to visit Pakistan.

If you live in the UK then there are a few groups tha

t organise such trips. Let me know if yo are in the UK and I will provide you a contatc number for the group I travelled with.

On the trip into Pakistan there were many Indian cricket fans who were allowed to use the foot crossing route so it was a bit slow to get immigration clearance etc. On the way back me and a friend were over back into India within half an hour.

The people there are great and I was surprised how well mannered and polite the Pakistan police were although whilst chatting one cop did tell me about torture techniques which was interesting.

One benthi I have for the SGPC is to give the Indian jatha leaflets on how to sit on a toilet. The mess they make is disgusting. They sit on the floor next to the toilets and actually crap on the floor causing potential health and safety problems.

I will tell you one very interesting story. One night me and a friend were stood outside the accomodation block at Nankana Sahib chatting to a few policemen. Another cop joined us and told us about a Singh from India who had just arrived at the main gate with his wife and daughter together with their son in law, apparently the Singh had been drinking some nasha and all the family were pulled into the office near the entrance gate for questioning. It later transpired that this so called Singh had married his daughter to a muslim boy who claimed he was from overseas. After a bit of questioning he admitted he was a loafer and had told lies to marry the Sikh girl. After a while this so called Singh walked past us with his family and his son in law. Thinking about it after we should have hit him for coming into the Nanakana Sahib complex under the influence of alcohol.

enuff afghani sikhs have come to uk and now own shops etc.But pakistan should be sikh land! Does anyone know the exact sikh population in pakland?India crappy government gave N/W punjab to weaken the sikh relgion in terms of land.If pak sikh population grows to milions than we could take our own land back. IKONKAR.

enuff afghani sikhs have come to uk and now own shops etc.But pakistan should be sikh land! Does anyone know the exact sikh population in pakland?India crappy government gave N/W punjab to weaken the sikh relgion in terms of land.If pak sikh population grows to milions than we could take our own land back. IKONKAR.

I doubt it will grow to millions. I think they are faced with having to intermarry etc because there are so few Sikhs in Pakistan.

Might be down to the inbreedng but the children of Sikhs in Pakistan (like pakistani children) have green, blue, and other colour eyes (not like David Bowie before someone thinks they have 1 green and 1 blue eye).

yeah man thats why pak dosnt become a democracy,because it knows the sikh population might become large.But i think the sikh population in pak could enlarge if sikhs from india were allowed to wed there. To begin with sikhs should dominate all areas in pak with Gurdwara,and than go from there. for eg. look over here in the uk theres 700 000 sikhs,close to 1 million. so it could be done. WJKK WJKF.