Queue Systems In Gurdwara

MentalSingh

For me the following are the reason that i do not support the queue system:

• In a que....... SYSTEM WORKS.

Now lets look at the traditional system:

• Sewadars can m......ut also prevents spit going into langar.

Even if i don't agree with you.....well done for puting forward a coherent set of arguments and not resorting to religous dogma.

Even if i don't agree with you.....well done for puting forward a coherent set of arguments and not resorting to religous dogma.

L O L , in case you didn't realise this is a religious site, we dicusss issues with religion underpinning all our thoughts.

Really?? I didn't realise. Thanks for pointing it out. You are so 'on the ball.'

All these new comers to this forum, all they do is bicker and fight with forum members that have shown they are on the path of Gurmat. Do you guys have anything else better to do? is your life really this boring, that you have to come to a Sikh forum and try to cause fights here.

Funny part about all these bickering newcomers is that, they will never approach a Singh in person and ask questions as decent human beings would do. Then it's head down and once the Singh passes by then make a remark, like a little mouse.

L O L , in case you didn't realise this is a religious site, we dicusss issues with religion underpinning all our thoughts.

Whitehorse is one comedian here. He praises Balait da sher for the same points(added more) that other Singhs have presented here earlier than him. Instead of thanking these other guys, whitehorse fights with them. I guess whitehorse is just spitting in his own mouth, he doesn't need the sevadaar in the langar hall doing it for him.

He needs to be more mature and people will take him seriously here.

Whitehorse is one comedian here. He praises Balait da sher for the same points(added more) that other Singhs have presented here earlier than him. Instead of thanking these other guys, whitehorse fights with them. I guess whitehorse is just spitting in his own mouth, he doesn't need the sevadaar in the langar hall doing it for him.

He needs to be more mature and people will take him seriously here.

My praise for Balait da sher was for the fact that he was able to articulate (in writing) two different viewpoints in a concise and clear fashion.

Judging by your comments, I assume 'Only Five' refers to your IQ?

My praise for Balait da sher was for the fact that he was able to articulate (in writing) two different viewpoints in a concise and clear fashion.

Judging by your comments, I assume 'Only Five' refers to your IQ?

So you didn't like it when, I said, you like spit in your langar. But in all fairness, you want queue system and have no reason for it at all. Except for, because whitehorse said so.

I would make you eat your insult, but your not worth the time.

Bye

Hi people

From what I've seen the queue system works much better in certain gurdwaras. Also in smaller gurdwarras or when there isn't much sangat yes it is nice to be served langar but it is equally as lovely humbly waiting in turn for gurujis food which is lovingly served by sevadars. It doesn't matter how its served either way its about the love and selfless service and humbleness.

Also in my experience a smaller sangat is able to cope with and keep track of the sangat and able to see who needs water etc and serve the sangat properly.

With a larger sangat this is virtually impossible and also by the time say the daal comes around, the sangat may have finished their subji which was served before hand, paani may be served after the langar is finished, people may be overlooked and maybe even perceived to already have eaten. Different sangat coming at different times in great numbers makes it very difficult to serve properly. Godbless the sevadars that stand on their feet for hours lovingly serving langar to waiting sangat.

When i started this topic i wanted to know what sangat thought of the queue system and it seems to be favourable towards having queue systems. Seems like we are finding shortcuts in every aspect of Sikhi now and are losing our humility and hard working mentality going forward.

Back in the day when we used to serve langar, 10 people used to serve langar and we used to complain that not enough sewadars come and people have to wait. Now we are using a queue system with 4-5 sewadars and have increased the waiting time and still complain about not having enough sewadars. What will be next and were do we stop ? will we be giving doggy bags to everyone or have a system were you take a number and we will have your food ready soon like at Maccies ?? when will the efficiencies stop ?? its becoming a business, no patience, no love, no role models....

What concerns me is that shortcuts are being applied everywhere, in our gurbani, sewa etc and are losing the methods and procedures that have been running for hundreds of years so they suite our modern day convienences.