Queue Systems In Gurdwara

MentalSingh

^^^That's your opinion and I have mine. Seva is about love and devotion and sevadars are serving with the same love and devotion.

If you think otherwise and that it's becoming like maccis you are seriously deluded and insulting all that love waiting patiently and humbly for gurujis food and those who serve with love. I find it ridiculous that people are not humble enough to stand in line for the holiest food on earth.

MentalSingh Ji,

This is kalyug.

In kalyug Dharm is being wittled away. This is not a surprise, things are going to get a lot worst.

People leave gurmat behind and follow their own mind. If you look at the way Guru Ji instigated

the langar tradition and what is happening now you can see that today people leave Guru Ji to one

side and follow manmade rules. Nobody is interested in sewa and how is was performed and how we should

perform it, infact when invoking the traditions of our Gurus these are ridiculed and instead they look

for more 'modern' ways and delude themselves that somehow this is the correct way.

Kalyug has a stranglehold and his grip will get tighter and tighter, only those who follow the Gurus

path will be saved.

^^^That's your opinion and I have mine. Seva is about love and devotion and sevadars are serving with the same love and devotion.

If you think otherwise and that it's becoming like maccis you are seriously deluded and insulting all that love waiting patiently and humbly for gurujis food and those who serve with love. I find it ridiculous that people are not humble enough to stand in line for the holiest food on earth.

what i was referring to was what will people think of next to make 'improvements' to the current system. It has already changed from serving to queueing, what will it change to in the next 10-20 years. You are looking at the short term, instead of thinking about the next generation and what legacy and Sikhi we leave them with.

MentalSingh Ji,

This is kalyug.

In kalyug Dharm is being wittled away. This is not a surprise, things are going to get a lot worst.

People leave gurmat behind and follow their own mind. If you look at the way Guru Ji instigated

the langar tradition and what is happening now you can see that today people leave Guru Ji to one

side and follow manmade rules. Nobody is interested in sewa and how is was performed and how we should

perform it, infact when invoking the traditions of our Gurus these are ridiculed and instead they look

for more 'modern' ways and delude themselves that somehow this is the correct way.

Kalyug has a stranglehold and his grip will get tighter and tighter, only those who follow the Gurus

path will be saved.

How do you reconcile your concerns about this time of kalyug with having a profile picture of Led Zeppelin - a band who in the 1970s were renowned for their drug use and interest in the Occult?

I am not criticising you - I am just interested.

Not interested in who they were or what they were, just like the music.

We are all in kalyug nobody but a very blessed few are immune. So I hold my hands up and admit, yes this is not good. but what artist is cleaner then clean ?

Many people liked to listen to Ragi Darshan Singh.............. and looked what happened to him! :sad:

That is the biggest crock I have heard. MentalSingh is upholding Guru Sahib's way. You are speaking on your manmat and going against Guru Sahib. Sevadaars in the queue system can't wait to be the person standing behind the big counter and wait for the sangat to come to them. Last time I went to the Gurdwara. The Sevadaars(it was their langar) that were suppose to be serving the langar, going up and down, stood around with langar in their hands. Sangat was sitting without langar for a long period of time.

If we went back to Guru Sahib's way then everyone in sangat will be getting served because there will be no sevadaars expecting sangat to come to them. The Sevadaars will have too go to the sangat as Guru Sahib started the langar.

This smaller sangat idea holds no ground. Sangat in larger numbers means more sevadaars(if not then sangat can leave because they don't want to do the seva themselves or they can get up off their lazy buts and take part in doing seva), where Guru Sahib way is up held and everyone is treated equally and accomdated for. In the line system people cut in the line because they want there langar first. In the Guru's way no one can cut in line because there is no line to begin with. Sevadaars go around serving every single person. Larger the sangat, more people that don't want to serve, must get up off their lazy buts and do their part. Langar is not a free meal, but practice apart of Sikhi that reinforces Gurbani in a person. The only excuse these lazy people have for not using the Guru's way is that we are too lazy so we can't serve the sangat properly.

Next these lazy and free loaders, will say we don't need Amrit Sanchar done the Guru's way. Get some water play an audio and now im a Amritdhari.

Actually no the person who is insulting Guru Sahib and everyone else who cares about Sikhi is you. If you had even an ounce of humility in you, then you would realize I am speaking against Guru Sahib's way and putting my own manmat before Guru Sahib. So I should stop doing this and respect my Guru's way.

^^take a chill pill mate.

If you think you're right go to southall gurdwarra and get people to sign a petition for the way you think langar should work in the biggest gurdwarra in the UK. When your 'method' is up and running you'll see what I mean. You're being very unrealistic.

p.s don't tell me I'm disrespecting My Guru when you're the one so interested in rituals involved with serving.

You people are the type who ignore devotion and love, the core of our religion and pick on petty irrelevant things.

p.p.s Your anger issues project onto your posts.

^^take a chill pill mate.

If you think you're right go to southall gurdwarra and get people to sign a petition for the way you think langar should work in the biggest gurdwarra in the UK. When your 'method' is up and running you'll see what I mean. You're being very unrealistic.

Yes, when it comes to taking up the Guru's way, then everyone needs to calm down and Guru Sahib's way is unrealistic? You accused another of insulting others, but your doing the best nindak of all, nindiya of Guru Sahib.

Why are you so against the system Guru Sahib put in place for us?

Yes, when it comes to taking up the Guru's way, then everyone needs to calm down and Guru Sahib's way is unrealistic? You accused another of insulting others, but your doing the best nindak of all, nindiya of Guru Sahib.

Why are you so against the system Guru Sahib put in place for us?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of speech.

And no I'm not doing nindya of Guru Sahib, you however are doing nindya of sevadars and sangat all over the world. The gurus children are a part of the guru so you're the one doing the nindya.

You are overlooking a whole lot, but if you really think you can make it work then go ahead and sort it out, no one's stopping you, there's no point in arguing about it.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of speech.

First you said i was mad in my post, which i wasn't and now you say im being sacrastic? Brother read post more carefully before you start accusing.

And no I'm not doing nindya of Guru Sahib

The fact you are going against Guru Sahib way and calling it unrealistic, among other things, speaks for itself.

you however are doing nindya of sevadars and sangat all over the world. The gurus children are a part of the guru so you're the one doing the nindya.

Ever heard of what Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji said, only when the Khalsa does what I say, will I be on there side. Since the so called sangat has deviated from the Guru's way then it's not Guru's children. You only add that in to play with peoples emotions. Pointing out that sevadaars are spitting in the food by standing over it, is not nindiya, but something that takes place. The fact that sevadaars stand around with langar in there hand because they would like all the sangat to take what they want when in the line is not nindiya, but what happens. People have to get up when they are eating and walk to a sevadaar and tell him we need so and so. This what the queue system has created. Lazy people, that are unwilling to put in the effort. If this is nindiya to put in perspective the queue system, then yes I'm doing nindiya.

Learn to accept Guru Sahib's way. As hard as that can be for some because they love to stimulate their minds and get a high off of it. Your not going against the system I put in. Keep that in mind, next time your enjoying your free meal with spit.