Bibeki-what do you eat?

Mkhalsa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Thank you so much for all your input sadh sangat ji.

Gupat Singhni.....your answer makes a lot of sense, but I just want to clarify....if food is made by a non-amritdhari while doing simran or paath, can a person who keeps bibeki eat it? For example, if your mother was non-amritdhari, but you were amritdhari, would you eat your mom's food?

Son of Guru Gobind Singh veerji.....Do you ever eat out? Do you eat at somebody's (non-amritdhari) house? Do you eat anything pre-made like chips, and other stuff I listed above? Can you tell me what you actually eat?

Bhul chuk maaf karna.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

waheguru

i'm not a hardcore bebiki Singh, I just try to do my best.

About eating at resturants, no, I don't eat out and not even at any non-amrittharis house. I might drink water, but that's about it, or if they dont' cook or serve meat or alcohal at the house, I might cook food there myself. Or maybe fruits :wub:

For those who want to learn more about lives of REAL Bebeiki Singhs, please read Jail Chittheaa.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

one can have fruits, vegetables if they are hungry. If I am at someones house and they are forcing me to eat, this is what I would eat.

remember, being a bibeki is not just about food!! There are two types of bibek, bibek of mind, bibek of body. food would go under body, but also mind because what you eat effects your mind "you are what you eat"

you create your own limit. Most of you probably have a limit of no meat, no alcohol, no tobacco. This is a great start to bibek, but not the be all and end all. You can move on to not eating out (you cant trust it, you are 99.9% likely to have meat products or jhoota food). You can also move on to not taking caffeine, not taking medicine unnecessarily. These are all forms of food bibek.

Mind bibek, stop listening to music. This is a BIG ONE. if you have to listen to music, try classical music, mozart, bach etc. Cut music out and start listening to keertan, it will change your life. And if you are at a suitable avastha, start cutting out tv watching time, kaami movies etc. These all effect your sikhi, whether you beleive it or not.

There are many other ways one can keep bibek, ie dont go to places where manmat happens, parties, places where alcohol is served, where people are smoking, where people are dancing. Dont talk to women who are dressed in a kaami way etc.

Bibek basically is a god given conscience, I like to call it common sense for a gursikh.

People allways have to question people who keep Bibek.

See to me Bibek is normal and every Gursikh should keep Bibek, Some time I don't understand why people Dont keep it.

Few things

damdami taksa say don't eat from Outside that like bibek.

Bhai Rama Singh made every one that was doing seva for Langa do Naam Simran, That what Bibek singhs do when Cooking.

lots of Nihang Singhs Keep Sarbloh Bibek.

So now I want to ask a few Questions to the Singhs that don't keep Bibek.

Why do you eat from Outside, you don't see any problem with your food getting cooked in the same oils and pans as meat. ?

Do you guys have a problem doing Naam Simran or Paath when Cooking ?

what is the problem with eating from Sarbloh, Sarbloh is good enough for Amrit, ?

All I can say is that my life as changed alot and I feel more blessed, its hard to explain.

Sorry if I said any thing bad.

Thanks guys. You explained well.

Quote: Why do you eat from Outside, you don't see any problem with your food getting cooked in the same oils and pans as meat?

I guess people like me just don't think over that. I mean like...as i said in earlier post, vege food is also non-veg in a way as where wheat, fruits, vegetables are grown, lots of the fertilizers come from animals (khaad). So even that is not totally "pure". But i guess, practically it is up the humans who keep bibeek to decide where to put the limit (as Mkhalsa ji said), so if they put the limit at 'not the same pan or oil' etc. be that way. It is very easy to think: as long as i am only dependent on the (honest) work i do, it is ok. and don't eat from people who earn their livings from stealing or bad kind of jobs (prostu., etc).

Thanks guys. You explained well.

Quote: Why do you eat from Outside, you don't see any problem with your food getting cooked in the same oils and pans as meat?

I guess people like me just don't think over that. I mean like...as i said in earlier post, vege food is also non-veg in a way as where wheat, fruits, vegetables are grown, lots of the fertilizers come from animals (khaad). So even that is not totally "pure". But i guess, practically it is up the humans who keep bibeek to decide where to put the limit (as Mkhalsa ji said), so if they put the limit at 'not the same pan or oil' etc. be that way. It is very easy to think: as long as i am only dependent on the (honest) work i do, it is ok. and don't eat from people who earn their livings from stealing or bad kind of jobs (prostu., etc).

Just my thought!! Great post. :wub:

Heres some quotes also to help you guys out (you can see them on sikhitothemax for yourself):

sa(n)niaasee bairaagee jaevai aar oudhaasee yogee thaevai ja(n)gam vaamee avar j koee thaa(n) kaa joot(h)aa kabee n laeee ||

Hermits, renouncers, Udhasis and Yogis; Celibates and other sects and faiths; never eat from the same plate.

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

jae kurehitheeeae jag dharasaavath paahul peee kukaram kamaavath || thin so(n) varathan naahi(n) milaavai rehi niralaep param sukh paavai ||

Those who after taking Amrit but commit a cardinal sin; Their company should be avoided (until they retake Amrit) to maintain the Guru's blessings.

Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh

namar subhaav n kabehoo(n) thiaagae || dhurajan dhaekh dhoor thae bhaagae ||

He never abandons humility. He forever avoids crossing paths with the faithless.

meenaa aar masa(n)dheeaa monaa kurree jo maar hoe sikh varathan karehi a(n)th karaegaa khuaar ||6||

Meenaas, Masandhs, those with haircuts and those who kill their daughters; If a Sikh associates with them, he will not be united with the Lord and will suffer at the time of death..

Thankhaanama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

The above quote says not to even ASSOCIATE with those that cut their hair. Imagine how wrong it is to eat from their hands? remember, much of bhai nand lal jees writings are considered as gurbani!

kurreemaar masa(n)dh jo meenae kaa prasaadh leae j ein kae haathh kaa janam gavaavehi baadha||20||

Do not eat food made by those who are patits. The life of those who take from their hands will go avail.

choraa jaaraa ra(n)ddeeaa kuttaneeaa dheebaan || vaedheenaa kee dhosathee vaedheenaa kaa khaan || sifathee saar n jaananee sadhaa vasai saithaan ||

Thieves, adulterers, prostitutes and pimps, make friendships with the unrighteous, and eat with the unrighteous. They do not know the value of the Lord's Praises, and Satan is always with them.

Page 790 Guru Nanak Dev Jee Salok

-QuoteEEnd-->

lagae dhivaan mool n jaavai rehith binaa prasaadh brathaavai ||

Sinful are those who show disrespect while in the Divaan; sinful are those who distribute food or Parshaad in the Gurdwara without living a life according to the code of conduct. (ie one who is not amritdhari)

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee