Bibeki-what do you eat?

Mkhalsa

WOW ohmy.gif

now uve to rear and grow ething urself... next uve to make all da utensils... wut more??? :wub: :| :T:

You forgot mentioning a personal tract of "pure" land to grow vegies.

Well its all personal choice, it shud be upto the person who is practicing it.Otherwise we can argue about anything. For example we can say we eat small "animals" while breathing or we can have small amounts of nicotine even if we are standing far away from a smoker.There may also be some objectionable things coming along milk, but that doesn't mean we shud have our own 'Maaj'. So this thing will never end.

So let the people practice who are practicing it, its for their good and a great inspiration

for people like me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Walking towards the light,

If you are keeping bibek or wish to then, let me just state you can eat anything IF you make it yourself. But, dnt forget to do simran or paath whilst making the food. pray.gif Make your own pizza, burrito's, pasta, or whatever dish you fancy. Plus you can control the fat content :wub: he he he

With regards to your parents cooking for you if they are not amritdhaari, if you were to eat food prepared by them, you are making an exception. I know some people that have done this only with immediate family however, those members that are considered exceptions usually keep a rehat or are about to be amritdhaari i.e sehajdhaari.

Sangat jee, I just want to say, bibek may sound weird or you may not quite get your head around it..but there will come a time when everything makes sense and you will want to keep bibek. We say sikhs should be blessed with bibek in ardaas everyday so let's just continue to pray.gif to guru sahib and ask that he can continue to show us the way :cool:

bharosa rakhu ji

Bhul chuk maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

okey..i have this in mind. today something happened to me.

my white friend had asked me so many times to visit him and way the Lord of Rings..all the three movies..extended version (but that is not the thing). anyway i know that it is wordly stuff and i should use time on that...what :wub:

okey so we had to eat something....first he told me he will order something from peppes. but i told forget it. i will come home to you and make something. B) so i went to his house...and we cooked the food ourselves. it was so fun. i mean like...how the pizza became when we were finished. man it was like 3 times thicker the normal size. and usually i eat like 2 pizzas when i am hungy...but the one half of this pizza i couldn't finish. :cool: anyway...he helped cause i ain't so good at the kitchen. but it was fun. like not eating the usuall stuff. cool..thanks guys!

dear gupat singhni bhenji...

from all the gursikhs i have talked to...asking for bibek in ardas is bibek buddhi...ie. the power to discriminate right from wrong....not eating out of only amritdharis....

and SOGGS....i'm sorry i can't get you a reference on that because a gursikh told me that....

Simple..

If one feel its okay to eat from any person.. then go ahead and eat it.. If one feel uncomfortable by eating from other person he do not know and stuff.. then don't eat jee.. At the end it's on your own personal choice..

And as of JSS sahib.. i would say.. Cool u have cool friend.... rare to find like them these days..

singh, its not your choice when panj pyare have commanded you to keep bibek!

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

mkhalsa ji can u please tell me..how u make nacchos and buritos..i would love to eat that... rolleyes.gif

thankyou

bhul chuk maafi ji

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

hmm.. recipes recipes...

nacho chips:

I use mexican white corn flour, whole wheat (roti flour) and white all purpose flour. one part of each kind of flour, add a few teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle some salt then knead a nice thick atta.

I have an electric tortilla machine and I use that to flatten them out, then cut them into eighths or whatever so they look like nacho chips, oh and poke little holes with a knife or fork in them so they dont blow up into tiny samosas. then deep fry them, then dry them. chips done.

beans are very complicated. lets see... Soak the beans, cook them in a pressure cooker for awhile.. I will admit I am guilty of usually using pre-soaked beans. they are just the same beans but in water. Yes I AM A LAZY (wannabe) bibeki.

anyway cut up some onions and bit of garlic (mince) and put it in a karahee with olive oil. let it cook till the onions start getting transparent, ITS NOT THORKA!

3;! (i have to tell my mom this a lot) once they are getting transparent, you should have a bit of tomatoe (one or two) diced up and one or two jalepenos diced up as well and throw those in, once the tomatoes start getting mushy throw in the beans with water, or if you have cans, RINSE THEM CAUSE THE WATERS GROSS and then wash them and then put them in karahee with a glass of water.

add maybe 2 tsps of jeera powder (cumin POWDER) and salt and tiny bit of pepper to taste. oh maybe a pinch of cinamon (my secret ingredient but be careful if you add too much itll taste horrible)

let it boil for up to half hour until the beans are nice and soft, ie you can mash them easily with a karchee. did i mention you want PINTO beans. right? ok.

anyway so you can eat them whole or mash a bit with the karchee, the point is it should look like the pre-made refried beans you get in a can, or similar. its pretty easy (the nacho chips are a lot of work I only have them like now and then, burritos ONCE A WEEK MUST!)

anyway, you can also use a stick blender (your mom might use this for saag) and you can mash up half the beans. great beans are done.

salad, cut up some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, whatever else you like, olives, corn maybe

salsa, tomato, jalepeno, onion, bit of salt, cilantro (thania)

stick it in a cuisineart and just let it go to what consistency you want. you also put as much ingredients of each as you want that taste in the salsa, it should be mostly tomatoes though

guacamole, get 2 avacadoes, 2 tbsp of the salsa you just made and half a lemon. stick the avocados (after peeling) and salsa in the cuisineart and let it go for awhile, add a bit of salt and squeeze the juice from the lemon (this is a must so it doesnt go BAD or get brown). add a tbsp of dehi and mix it up, you can use sour cream if you eat it.

make some big giant rotis and put some cheese (or paneer if you dont eat cheese) and then put some beans, salsa, salsa, guacamole and sour cream i

f you eat it, and do it in that order.

you add rice after the beans if you want

oh rice recipe.. umm put some onions, maybe some bellpepper, lots of jeera powder etc in a pot with lots of tomato and stir it around cook it etc.. then add the rice and water and boil like normal.

theres my favorite recipes...

i dont understand this..

so you make the stuff? but u didnt really make it.. u bought the stuff and you "put it all together" so its just stuff "put together" that u didnt make.. (ie: tomatoes, taco shells, wheat, flour, fruits, vegetables etc)

thats the same thing as buying something thats made by somebody else and "put together" by somebody else.. and doing paath on it for 10 min or so.. praising and thanking God..

isnt real bibeki when you Grow and cook your own food and milk your own cows..??

bibekis only use raw ingredients. the magic is in the cooking where the food is transformed. when you transform the food from raw ingredients to a final product it is effected by the person doing htis, yes to some degree the people that plant the seed etc etc but the most important part of the process is the cooking. this is what food bibeki is about. bhai randhir singh has written a whole book on this subject.

dear gupat singhni bhenji...

from all the gursikhs i have talked to...asking for bibek in ardas is bibek buddhi...ie. the power to discriminate right from wrong....not eating out of only amritdharis....

and SOGGS....i'm sorry i can't get you a reference on that because a gursikh told me that....

JSS Jee,

as I have explained a few times already (please read the whole thread), bibek budhi is god given consience. this consience applies to your actions, your body and your mind. a part of body and mind bibek is FOOD, in fact this is a big part of it.

please read my previous explanations in this thread.