Bibeki-what do you eat?

Mkhalsa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

Thank you veers and bhenjis for taking the time to reply to my question. I understand what you CANNOT eat as a bibeki.....BUT what DO you eat?? I'm very eager to know because everything that I see around me has some sort of impurity in it...I don't know what to eat...

Bhul chuk maaf karna, charan dhool baksho sangat ji.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

hmm..

What do i eat? burritos, nachos, pizza, spaghetti, roti+dal (my favorites because its just plain and in sarbloh dal is worth dying forrrr)

i eat anything I feel like eating, it just depends on how much time i want to spend cooking it. I must have burritos or nachos at least once a week or I go mad :wub:

i have a friend who is caucasian...and is christian....he is also vegetarian and doesn't smoke nor does he drink alcohol...he is probably one of the most respectable people i've ever met...he is also very spiritual as he is always meditating and is very socially/evironmentally conscience...

in fact i met him while on a recent school building trip to Africa and i learned a great deal from the guy....

now would it be wrong to eat from something that he cooked knowing what sort of lifestyle he has and the ideals that he lives up to?...

secondly....

from what i've heard from other gursikhs...the rehit of bibek was started by Guru ji only during war times....noone except amritdhari sikhs were allowed to cook langar...but that made sense because the easiest way to kill off a whole bunch of people is to poison the food....it was a practical thing to do....

i don't think bibek today necessarily means not taking food from any non-amritdhari person....

but on another note...i do see that being bibeki is quite healthy cuz chances are when you cook for yourself...you're using better quality ingredients and cooking generally healthier...that's been my experience...that's why i've been trying to stop eating outside....

its not really about that jss, its about what you are putting in your body. When someone is making food with bad thoughts or gossip or someone who lives a bad life is making the food (sakhi of malik bhago) that stuff goes into the food. When you eat the food it is like poison. why take the chance?

i have a friend who is caucasian...and is christian....he is also vegetarian and doesn't smoke nor does he drink alcohol...he is probably one of the most respectable people i've ever met...he is also very spiritual as he is always meditating and is very socially/evironmentally conscience...

in fact i met him while on a recent school building trip to Africa and i learned a great deal from the guy....

now would it be wrong to eat from something that he cooked knowing what sort of lifestyle he has and the ideals that he lives up to?...

secondly....

from what i've heard from other gursikhs...the rehit of bibek was started by Guru ji only during war times....noone except amritdhari sikhs were allowed to cook langar...but that made sense because the easiest way to kill off a whole bunch of people is to poison the food....it was a practical thing to do....

i don't think bibek today necessarily means not taking food from any non-amritdhari person....

but on another note...i do see that being bibeki is quite healthy cuz chances are when you cook for yourself...you're using better quality ingredients and cooking generally healthier...that's been my experience...that's why i've been trying to stop eating outside....

bhai sahib, could you tell us where we can find more info. about the last part of your post?

Simple..

If one feel its okay to eat from any person.. then go ahead and eat it.. If one feel uncomfortable by eating from other person he do not know and stuff.. then don't eat jee.. At the end it's on your own personal choice..

And as of JSS sahib.. i would say.. Cool u have cool friend.... rare to find like them these days..

Guest SikhForLife

i dont understand this..

so you make the stuff? but u didnt really make it.. u bought the stuff and you "put it all together" so its just stuff "put together" that u didnt make.. (ie: tomatoes, taco shells, wheat, flour, fruits, vegetables etc)

thats the same thing as buying something thats made by somebody else and "put together" by somebody else.. and doing paath on it for 10 min or so.. praising and thanking God..

isnt real bibeki when you Grow and cook your own food and milk your own cows..??