Nihal Bbc Kirpan Debate Again!

s50

These guys have no stats whatsoever to support there idoit theories that its all about public safety. They have no knowledge on what it means to be an Amritdhari, so how can they begin to understand the health and safety behind it. I wore a kirpan to school when i was young and never did it cross my mind to ever pull it out. I was not even taught by my parents to when it's to be used and when not. The kid who takes Amrit is not an average naive kid. If these pseudo Sikhs would understand paat is not some textbook and paat gives spiritual guidance, then they can speak about the kirpan.

Everytime I switch on this rubbish station BBC Asian Network is mocking or talking down Sikhism. These half baked presenters who have no knowledge of real culture or religion but seem to think they are scholars just because they have brown skin shock me regularly with their air head conversations.

UK is the only country in the world where I am forced by law to pay for a licence for the BBC where I will be ridiculed for my religion in their cheap filler space talk shows on Asian Network?

This was the station where a muslim guest called Guru Nanak "Satan" and last week a hindu spokesman from the aviation authoriy said Sikhs should not mind having their turbans patted down at the airport? Then they talked about the "kara school girl" should she be waisting school funds in courts cases and about sikh girls not fancying men with beards.

I don't care if any of the BBC trouble makers read this as they clearly DON'T care about the feelings of the Guru Khalsa Panth. GurFateh

Look I have not listened to the show yet but will do. The BBC is the publics and so is supposed to be impartial. The debates presenters usually from my experience have always been neutral. They just want listening figures, so may tend to have contreversal issues disscused.

What any random guest of caller says is not endorsed by the Beeb, Nihal usually tries to present both sides point of view on the topic pro and con what ever the issue is, he does not present his own views. He is a professional. He is a very decent person and has the upmost respect for Sikhs and for that matter all religions. He has been to Gurdware and matha teked to Maharaj, took parshad and had langer he is definetly NOT agaisnt Sikhs.

EDIT: By the way Nihal is a Sri Lankan Buddhist.

He has been to Gurdware and matha teked to Maharaj, took parshad and had langer he is definetly NOT agaisnt Sikhs.

SO WHAT most of the Anti-Sikh agents go to temples, churches and gurdwaras it's all politics does not mean they LOVE YOU?? It is this type of simple thinking that has gotten many Sikhs cheated or killed because they placed their own Sikhi values on others characters!

Anyway roll on the jobs cuts it will be these "brown" presenters that will be chucked out first when the money saving measures are announced soon. BBC Asian Network is already coming off National DAB service and going onto only a few small local areas!

Everytime I switch on this rubbish station BBC Asian Network is mocking or talking down Sikhism. These half baked presenters who have no knowledge of real culture or religion but seem to think they are scholars just because they have brown skin shock me regularly with their air head conversations.

UK is the only country in the world where I am forced by law to pay for a licence for the BBC where I will be ridiculed for my religion in their cheap filler space talk shows on Asian Network?

This was the station where a muslim guest called Guru Nanak "Satan" and last week a hindu spokesman from the aviation authoriy said Sikhs should not mind having their turbans patted down at the airport? Then they talked about the "kara school girl" should she be waisting school funds in courts cases and about sikh girls not fancying men with beards.

I don't care if any of the BBC trouble makers read this as they clearly DON'T care about the feelings of the Guru Khalsa Panth. GurFateh

Paaji / Phen Ji (Sorry not sure),

Please if you feel you have the credentials and knowledge please just approach the Asian Network and Iam 99.99% confident they will call you in as a guest on Sikhi. When Sikh issues are dissused they do sometimes have older community members (no names), who sometimes do not have the art of debate and grasp of the english language as some of thier core qualities.

Also if you ask the station to let you know via e-mail whenever Sikh issues are to be disscussed you can always ring in as a random caller.

By the way the faith disscussed most on the station is Islam. Well atleast once a week there will be a muslim based debate.

I have as yet to hear anything negative on the BBC AN re Islam they are either very luke warm in their questioning or conduct it in such a way that the listeners are guided to think more positive about muslims.

The muslim community have strength both in number and unity it is easy to target a minority in a minority where if there are UK born Sikh listeners they are mostly very unclear about their own religion and find it difficult to argue their point.

Best thing we all can do is invest in Sikhi education or soon it will be only a few like us that will try and defend the faith.