July 25th (London) Sikhs & Hindus invited to

sikhi

Guest mehtab
Jeevan, yes I am the same Yasmin you quote my post from an islamic board.

I wrote that I can see good sides....by that I meant that there are stalls there where information and debate can take place about Islam.  I personally dont see any harm in this?  It means any of you could come and debate Islam with knowledgeable people, and anyone who has any interest about Islam or wants to know anything about it can come and ask.  Thats all... I'm sorry if it offends you in any way.  I think the stalls idea is good but the overall event and the people it is run by is not.

I hope you see my point and I havent lost ur trust or anything.  I dont have a problem with PEACEFUL stalls where people can learn and debate Islam but the main Rally....no I do not agree with and many times you must of seen on that Islamic forum I have said I do not agree with it..  If Sikhs where to set up stalls I wouldnt have a problem with that either, in fact people of any religion, but that is the only part of the event I see that could have any positive purpose, the rest I am definately against.

And also... I have no reason to want to deceive any of you.  Firstly that is not Islamic behaviour from me and secondly what would be the point?  I have a high respect for Sikhs I have no intention of doing anything 'suspicious' forgive me if I gave you that impression.

Waheguroo Je

e Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I understand how you may feel Yasmin. When I was new to this forum last year, I was still a haircut-cleanshaven, and although no one never said it openly, I always had a gut feeling there might be some who suspected me to be an RSS agent (because I am born in a Hindu family, and didn't support Khalistan back then. And who knows some fanatics still might have that suspicion. Like I give a damn !! :wub: ). I am sure Jeevan veerjee was just curious, and so you both are fine on your own stands and positions. We don't want you to say stuff on here just to please us. If you have something to say which you feel is right, then please feel free to go ahead and share it with us, and we can discuss it even if we disagree on it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say stuff on here just to please you..dont worry..I say what I think!! (which can get me into trouble soemtimes!) rolleyes.gif

I dont mind people being curious, after all we should always ask questions if we are unsure. But I hope no one here now thinks that i'm actually a spy or soemthing ohmy.gif After all, I hope you can all see the post that jeeven pasted on here..... all of it was speaking out against the Rally it was just that one line where there was confusion..

Anyway bak to the topic, I hope everyone has successfully managed to contact people who may be able to stop the rally, and make everyone aware of it so it can be stopped.

Dear Sikh Sangat,

For those attending the event, please ensure you carry water, small amounts of food, medicine you may be on, A to Z London, etc. London prices are very expensive and it will be a long day.

Please refer to the weblink below to establish the weather for the day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3866

WGJK

WGJK

PS Tarunjeet Singh I have left a message on your phone please can you give me a ring.

Dear Sikhi,

The British Media is now reporting the rally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3923327.stm

Islamic group rally 'to go ahead'

Omar Bakri Muhammad accused London's authorities of bias

The spiritual leader of an Islamic group has insisted an unofficial rally will go ahead despite threats of prosecution by London authorities.

Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad said his group Al-Muhajiroun, which is alleged to have extremist views, was entitled to meet in Trafalgar Square on Sunday.

Mayor of London Ken Livingstone has written to the group warning of prosecution if the rally goes ahead.

The sheikh said by-laws for the square were being used unfairly against them.

'Not controversial'

Mr Livingstone wrote to Al-Muhajiroun's leader in Britain, Anjem Choudary, to warn him he risked breaking the law.

The Greater London Authority was successful in using by-laws to prosecute Mr Choudary after a 2002 rally in Trafalgar Square.

The sheikh claimed London's authorities were biased in their treatment of Al-Muhajiroun.

He insisted the group's "controversial" tag was not warranted and said he was committed to peace and decency.

He told a press conference he was not worried by the possibility that extreme right-wing activists, from groups such as the British National Party, might attend Sunday's event.

Several hundred Al-Muhajiroun members are expected to take part.

Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, leader of the Muslim Parliament, said a mosque or Islamic centre was a more appropriate pl

ace for such a rally to be held.

To all Sikhi going today please 'keep your wits about you'.

We have decided to stand up and be counted for Sikhism now our Waheguru has put his hand upon us and and will lead us to Victory. "Raj Karega Khalsa".

WGJK

WGJF

Jeevan

Guest KHALISTAN ZINDABAD

This is first hand news from someone who has been in touch with some Singhs in UK, and some of them are the ones leading the Sikhs to this rally. There are gonna be 2 racist organizations present there, namely the BNP and NF, and they are gonna be there only to fight. The newspapers say that majority of Sikhs have said they aint gonna go, and those who are going have been told to go at their own risk. Also, there are gonna be loads of cops, so any confrontation means arrest.

I have just said what I heard. I cannot say how much of it is right as I am not in UK myself.

Guru rakha

Guest mehtab

A BIG UPTO UK SINGHS/SINGHNEES AND LONDON AUTHORITIES, THE MAYOR, POLICE, AND SIKH ORGANIZATIONS AND OTHER RELIGIOUS GROUPS :wub: :D :wub: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rally has been CANCELLED !!!!!!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3923327.stm

Islamic group rally 'cancelled'

Omar Bakri Muhammad accused London's authorities of bias

An Islamic group has cancelled plans to hold an unofficial rally in central London because of "security fears".

The Al-Muhajiroun group, which is alleged to have extremist views, will now hold Sunday's gathering at an undisclosed venue in Essex.

In a statement, the group said it could not guarantee the safety of those who attended a central London rally.

It warned Britain was "the most likely target" of an attack by the terror network al-Qaeda.

Between 600 and 700 people had been expected to attend the rally.

The extreme right-wing British National Party had also been expected to send activists.

But Al-Muhajiroun had been threatened with prosecution by London authorities if it went ahead with its plans to meet in Trafalgar Square.

London Mayor Ken Livingstone wrote to Al-Muhajiroun's leader in Britain, Anjem Choudary, to warn him he risked breaking the law if the Trafalgar Square meeting went ahead.

The Greater London Authority was successful in using by-laws to prosecute Mr Choudary after a rally there in 2002.

'Not controversial'

Anjem Choudary, the UK head of Al-Muhajiroun, said the decision to cancel the central London meeting had been made because the "safety and security" of those attending could not be guaranteed.

"There were a number of people coming from all over the country ... it would be very difficult for us to control

."

He said the decision to cancel the central London meeting had been made by Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, the spiritual leader of the group, after consultation with leaders of the Muslim community.

Mr Choudary told the Reuters news agency: "I have been informed by Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad that they (al Qaeda) have reiterated the same warning that was issued a couple of weeks ago about the three-month deadline."

He was referring to an audiotape broadcast by two Arabic television stations on April 15 this year, Osama bin Laden, offered a "truce" to European governments if they pulled troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

In the tape, which the CIA said it believed was genuine, Bin Laden set a three-month deadline, presumed to have expired on July 15.

Mr Choudary said the group took the threat posed by al-Qaeda seriously . "It could be anywhere in Europe but the most likely target is Britain."

A spokeswoman for London's Metropolitan police said there was a long-standing national terrorism threat but she was not aware of any specific threat having been issued or repeated.

'Appropriate location'

The sheikh had earlier claimed London's authorities were biased in their treatment of Al-Muhajiroun.

He insisted the group's "controversial" tag was not warranted and said he was committed to peace and decency.

He had told a press conference he was not worried by the possibility that extreme right-wing activists, from groups such as the British National Party, might attend Sunday's event.

However, Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, leader of the Muslim Parliament, said a mosque or Islamic centre was a more appropriate place for such a rally to be held.

Guest mehtab
The Al-Muhajiroun group, which is alleged to have extremist views, will now hold Sunday's gathering at an undisclosed venue in Essex.
Fine! Go do it in hell for all we care! We don't care as long as its not in public!

I have just come back from Trafalgar Square. A big, big, big thank you to all Sikhs, Hindus, and other organisations that turned up today to oppose Al-Muhajiroun who as everyone knows by now failed to show up.

The Sikhs turned a negative in to a positive. When it came to the crunch, Sikhs turned up in mass from all parts of Britain, staged our protest peacefully and it gave us an opportunity to tell the British people what we are about.

Many thanks to the Sikh organisers for putting this protest together, the Police for allowing us to protest, and other individuals and organisations that are too many to mention.

WGJK

WGJF

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rsingh

just got this, late but any way

Subject: *SPAM?* Islamic Rally on 25 July 2004

Dear All,

On the 3rd January 2000, at the Palace of Westminster on the Historic Event of the "Act of Reflection and Commitment", the multi-faith gathering at the Royal Gallery brought together leaders of the UK's major faith communities to make a Pledge at the advent of the 21st Century, to work together to promote the values they share such as; care, compassion, justice, peace and respect for one another. The faith leaders are expected to ensure that this pledge is implemented. The commitment is as follows:

"We commit ourselves as people of many faiths, to work together for the common good, uniting to build a better society, grounded in the values and ideals we share community, personal integrity, a sense of right and wrong, learning, wisdom, love and truth, care and compassion, justice and peace, respect for one another, for the earth and its creatures.

We commit ourselves, in a spirit of friendship and co-operation, to work together alongside all who share our values and ideals, to help bring about a better world now and for generations to come."

The proposed Rally by the Al-Muhajiroun is not in keeping with the spirit of this Pledge. This Islamic Rally is all about Conversion. There may be a strong tradition in certain sections of the Muslim community to convert others to their faith in a consorted and systematic manner. This is also in parallel with the Christian evangelistic activiti

es in certain sectors of the Church. However, Sikhs in their 500 years of history have defended and respected the freedom of religious belief of others, even at the cost of their own lives.

The All Mighty Lord can be conceived to decide in what religion a person is born- all within His grand will. Conversion, therefore, is flouting the Divine Law and is not conducive to peace whether individually, in the family, in the community, nationally, internationally or globally. Moreover for one religion to denounce another is not in keeping with the above Pledge. It is incumbent on Faith and Political leaders to unambiguously uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights specifically in relation to an individual's freedom of worship, dignity and honour. Freedom of speech and expression shouldn't be used as an excuse and license to hurl abuse at others.

We have approached Faith Leaders / Faith Organisations and Statutory Authorities in this connection. The Lord Mayor's Office has declared that the proposed Rally is not authorised and that the Police will take appropriate action in the event the Rally is held. We should let the Law take its course.

We, most humbly request Sikhs to refrain from attending this unauthorised Rally and thereby starve it of it's 'oxygen'. The Hindu community has advised its members to do the same.

With Warmest Regards and Peace,

S.S. Mandla

On Behalf of Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh

Spiritual Successor and Chairman of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Birmingham) UK

This e-mail has been sent to the Prime Minister Mr Tony Blair, the Inter Faith Network for the UK, Bhima Godhania - Ram Katha Vedic Festival, Hindu Forum of Britain, the Lord Mayor of London Ken Livingston, the Metropolitan Police Authority, Commission for Racial Equality, Gurmukh Singh, British Sikh Consultative Forum, Faith Leaders and Members of  the Birmingham Faith Forum and other interested parties. 

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jat

ha (GNNSJ)

18 - 20 Soho Road

Handsworth

Birmingham

B21 9BH

Audio Visual Department

F: 0121 551 0022

E: info@gnnsj.org

Registered Charity No: 508 470

Notice of Confidentiality. This e-mail (and its attachment(s) if any) is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not read, copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender by replying.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (B'ham) UK accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.