Theft at the Gurdwara

GKaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Much of this so called fingerpointing is quite justified,there is much reason to suspect the committee especailly becase the cameras were not apparently working on all the nights of the robberies, coincidence... i think not. Also why is the committee saying that they caught the people whenthe police say this is not true at all.....hmmm seems like a coverup to quiet the sangat. In addition why havent these robberies happen before when the old committee was in power it seems like the new committe has some splanin to do. Oh yeah and one more point why isnt the commitee making the sangat aware of these robberies, they are obvioulsy hiding something why must the sangat find out about these robberies from others. I wan to know why the committee did not have the golik money counted, usally after large programs such as weddings or kirtan by bhai jasbir singh the golik is filled up.... seems like a scheme to leave the money in the goliks for someone to easily steal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Je Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Je Ke Fateh

GKaur, I agree Sangat has a right to know about what happened, but there was a reason why people didn't go jumping on to message boards with such news mainly to prevent rumors from starting up and let such matters get dealt with and the facts found before everyone starts coming out with there own theories of what happened or who is to blame..

The facts of what happened are as:

1. The theft happened between 12:00 & 12:30

2. The golak was removed through the side hall (exit facing Dixie Rd)

3. The golak lock was broken and the top removed. All the major bills where removed.

4. A suspicious van showed up at Dixie and came through the Khalsa Drive enterance. The van seemed lost, and as it approached the Gurdwara slowed down and looked as if it was about to do a U-Turn. The Singhs at the time where all standing outside, trying to figure out what had happened and noticed the Van.

5. The van was followed as it sped away, and later stopped at 21 Division, where a few Singhs talked with the suspects and the police.

6. After talking with police no money was found on the persons of large amount (ie no golak money was on them).

From what was said at the time an investigation was going to take place in regards to the matter but, I have not heard anything since, and am not sure as to what the committee’s actions where since.

The question of how it happened at Dixie with so much sangat being there is simple, everyone was in the back either in the gym or up in Hall 5 and the Singhs who where outside where on the opposite of the building.

It is suspected by much of sangat present that those who where being

followed where the thieves, as the van did not have license plates, and the occupants where apparently cleaners who had worked at Dixie a few weeks back (thus would have known where the money was kept etc) and had no business there that night, especially around midnight. I have left out some information as I am uncertain about the rest. Almost all Gurdwara's in the Toronto Area are equipped with camera's as of theft that had been happening by many punjabi' theives in the past and as such where installed to act as a deterrent.

Golak theft is nothing new and is something that has been going on in Gurdwaray all over India especially during the 1980's when Khakoo's where known to be robbing Golaks all over India.

The theory of it being the comitee’s fault seems ludicrous, but I will leave it at that.

just a few points:

- people should come jumping onto the message boards because the sangat should be made aware of whats going on. Do we not have a right to be outraged by whats going on. the only ludicrus thing here is that someone has stolen from the gurdwara and nothing has been done about it, contrary to what you may have been lead to believe because if you actually speak to people on the police force they will tell you no one has been charged and they are not looking into the matter any further.

- this topic was not started to spread rumors, it was simply to inform the sangat of whats going on so they could voice their outrage to the committee, maybe coaxing them into taking some action

- as well, i know people have been stealing from gurdwaras for a long time, however in this case, there have not been many golak thefts at dixie gurdwara for the past 25 years and suddenly there are numerous thefts (not just the one that you all know about) in the matter of months, if this isnt suspicious then what is it. :T:

just my two cents, i dont wish to spread rumors. thats not my objective, i just hoped that the sangat could make some noise, help get the issue resolved

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh

Bhainjee Gkaur,

Can you please tell the sangat who you spoke to at peel police? Where are you getting your information from? Who are your sources? Has there been a written police form issued to media or to the community in general? If yes then can you tell us where we can get it?

Thanks

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh

As you may know there are many sikh members working in peel police, i will not mention the persons name becasue it violate their privacy. Your making it sound like im making my information which is the total opposite of what is happening. If you know of an investigation going on then tell the community that its going on so we know this issue is being resolved.

Vaheuroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

I wrote to the PR department at Peel Police. Here is what I said:

Sergeant Todd Moore

Peel Regional Police

Re: Robbery at Sikh place of worship

Dear Mr.. Moore:

My name is Diljot Kaur and I am a member of the congregation at Ontario Khalsa Darbar Dixie Rd. Gurughar ("Gurughar".) That is the Sikh place of worship on the Corner of Dixie Road and Derry Road.

The general congregation has come into the know that there was a robbery at the Gurughar at around 12:00-12:30 a.m. on Saturday July 3, 2004. As we are concerned about the outcome, we would like to know if there is an investigation underway. If it is possible we would like to know the details of the investigation.

I understand that this may not be answerable as this is a private matter. Has there been a media release issued? If there is one where can i obtain it from?

The reason I ask you this is, there are many allegations being thrown around and we would like to know the truth.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Diljot Kaur

--------------------------------------------------

I got an answer back from Peel Police. Here is what they said:

Mr. Kaur,

I can advise you that this incident was not a robbery, but a break and enter.

I can tell you that a wooden safe containing funds from a room on an upper floor was broken into and stolen.

the investigation is continuing by 12 Division CIB. I have no further information as to any leads or suspect info. If I did, I still could not tell you that information.

There was no news release issued. It is

not standard practice to issue news releases on break and enters since they are a frequent occurrence. The incident however was covered by a South Asian Newspaper, but I do not remember which one.

Regards

Cst. Wendy Sims #1584

Peel Regional Police

Media Relations Bureau

905-453-3311 ext. 4032

wendy.sims@peelpolice.on.ca

-----Original Message-----

-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, she called me Mr.

So you can take what you want from this.

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Shinda, i dont think you should be accusing gkaur of spreading rumors because I know people within the gurdwara and gurdwara committee that can verify all her information. I think it is great that diljot kaur took the iniative to contact the police station, but they really haven't given us any information that wasnt already known. But I think that everyone is missing the point here, why are we all focusing on this one break and enter when I know for a fact there have been 5, four of which at this point the police for some reason have not been made aware of, only one of the robberies is being investigated.