Why Is Guru Sahib Depicted This Way In This Painting?

Vahejeo

You really think guruji didnt go into bir raas?...when your eyes widen...your nostrils flare...your head tilts...the whites of your eyes go red...you give off conuntless jakare ...you begin to laugh at the thought of death...when you lust for martyrdom...thats called bir raas(warrior spirit)...you really think sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj never entered this state of bliss?..ofcourse he did...its the same bir raas which allowed sant jarnail singh ji and singhs alongside him to hold out for so long and to give the indian army a blo0dy punch on the nose.....WE HAVE SO MANY PICUTES OF SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI PORTRAYED AS A SCHOLAR AND A SAINTLY BEING...BUT THIS PERFECTLY PORTRAYS HIS SOLDIER/WARRIOR SIDE..

I'm wondering why he is shown wearing a relatively modern day khanda symbol on his dastaar? The artist definitely hasn't gone for historical accuracy but then this is pretty much impossible anyway I guess?

I'm wondering why he is shown wearing a relatively modern day khanda symbol on his dastaar? The artist definitely hasn't gone for historical accuracy but then this is pretty much impossible anyway I guess?

Artistic license I suppose? So when did the Khanda come into being as a symbol for the Sikhs? Are you saying it wasn't at the time of Guru Ji? Educate me, please! :lol:

I would say the modern symbol came to prominence in the early twentieth century myself. Never seen any evidence of it before then.

It looks like a 10 year old has painted it, it looks cartoonish, it no-way shows bir rass.

Rather it looks like someone in a weird pose pulling a strange face. This is not bir ras

this is a cartoon version of anger.

Even in bir-ras Guru Jiwas a picture or serenity.