Kaam Within !

Guest Thasiri Adhalat

Guest Thasiri Adhalat

WJKK WJKF

Dear Saadh Sangat

I have a question to ask the Sangat. I'm a 25 year old Sikh Amrithdhari male, reading through many of the topics on this forum and no one really has answered my question about KAAM. Speaking to many Singhs and friends, they have advised me to go Kirtan programs and mix with a number of Sikhs of the apposite sex. To my surprise this has helped me and I'm also enjoying the kirtan programs a lot more.

Gurbanni talks about controlling Kaam with Naam and I feel I have achieved this with going to the Kirtan programs and doing Naam simiran at the programs.

My Kaam has come under control but i would like to ask the Sangat the question if this is right?

WJKK WJKF

P.S. Please forgive me if I have offended any one but please correct me if i have walked of the path.

What I want to know is why is everyone so obsessed with Kaam? Every other day there's a thread about Kaam. One would think that's all Sikhs think about. I'm not perfect but surely there's more pressing issues that should occupy our mind, instead of expending mental energy constantly trying to fight these thoughts? Sorry to offend anyone but I'm surprised at how many people on here cite Kaam as a problematic issue.

Welcome to the real world brother! :D :D :D

I've been experiencing (occasionally to my horror) the real world for a very long time. Anyway, maybe its not that much of a big deal for me. This isn't me being high and mighty but that's how I feel.

You know what they say "An idle mind is the devil's workshop". Maybe if the mind was preoccupied with other, more worthwhile thoughts, Kaam wouldn't be such a distraction.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Thasiri Adhalat ji,

At 25 you should be thinking about getting married (permanent solution to kaam problem).

Am not in favour of mingling with opposite sex, coz sooner or later one gets ATTACHED.

Will advice that you tie at least 5 knots to the string of your Kacchera.

As per Gurmat, one should try and postpone a bad deed, the delay gives you a chance to change your mind.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 weeks later...

Do jaap of this shabad by Guru Arjun Dev Ji in Sanskriti. It will remove kaam from your mind.

Hay kamg narak bisramag, boho jooni purmavan

O s** desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wander in reincarnation through countless species.

Chit hurnun treeh loke jumung jap tap seel bhidharan

You cheat the consciousness, and pervade the three worlds. You destroy meditation, penance and virtue.

Alp sukh avit chunchul ooch neech smawan

But you give only shallow pleasure, while you make the mortals weak and unsteady; you pervade the high and the low.

Tav behmunchit saad sungum uth Nanak nairain.

Your fear is dispelled in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, through the Protection and Support of the Lord. ||46||

What I want to know is why is everyone so obsessed with Kaam? Every other day there's a thread about Kaam. One would think that's all Sikhs think about. I'm not perfect but surely there's more pressing issues that should occupy our mind, instead of expending mental energy constantly trying to fight these thoughts? Sorry to offend anyone but I'm surprised at how many people on here cite Kaam as a problematic issue.

Like 'Kaljugi' Jee said, Why do you concentrate so much on kaam. Best way to control it is to keep your mind off of it. More you will think about Naam Simran, Nitnem, Gurmat Veecharaa, etc. It will automatically keep out the thoughts. [school, Work, Family are also things to think about but don't get caught up in these. Think about only the REAL goal. What is REAL, and what matters in sachee dargaah.]

Its just like a child and parent. If the parent tells child something is wrong, child wants to be mischeivious and mess around. But if parent trusts child, and keeps him occupied elsewhere, there will be no oppurtunity for the child to misbehave.

-daas' 2 cents.

As difficult as it is, once a person rids him or herself of Kaam, that is a wonderful achievement. I don't mean fighting it because that means you're still suffering from it. I'm referring to totally being bereft of Kaam itself. To achieve such a thing in this day and age would be a marvellous feat. It's something all of us should aspire to do. I would love to rid myself of this thief in my lifetime - and not when I'm in an elderly gentleman (if I make it that far) but when I'm in my prime. That would be the real test. Hopefully with Waheguru's grace it will happen.