Re-Taking Amrit

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa.

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

As a scientist, I have learned that following a protocol (exactly) is very important - otherwise, an experiment does not work.

For example, if one forgets to add TEMED to a polyacrylamide gel, it does not solidify (for those familiar with Western blotting).

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us a protocol to follow when conducting an Amrit Sanchar. The most central part of this protocol is the actual preparation of Amrit, which is prepared by Panj Piare (Amritdhari, Rehat-following Singhs) who take turns to recite the following Banis in their entirety: Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tvai Prasad Swaiye, Chaupai Sahib (up to ...Gobind Das Tuhaar), and Anand Sahib (40 Pauris). Details are important. If one leaves out part of a Bani, then the protocol has not been followed properly and the experiment (making Amrit) fails.

When I took Amrit last year, the Panj Piare did not read the five Banis in their entirety (they left out the last part of Chaupai Sahib from Kripa Kari Hum Par Jag Mata...). This was because the Panj Piare followed the SGPC Maryada when preparing Amrit (my worst nightmare). (I signed up for an Amrit Sanchar in another city because there are never Amrit Sanchars where I live.) Because they did not read the five Banis in their entirety, I feel that I never took Amrit. I've felt that all year (it's not a very happy feelings). The Panj Piare also did not give us the whole Mool Mantar (only up to Gurprasad). I've kept the Rehat of Nitnem, Kakaars, etc. But I have erred in eating (I ate Doritos, M&Ms, stuff with glycerin - I was not familiar with the origin of a lot of ingredients at the time, but I've learned from my mistakes and I only eat sukki roti with dahin now ... sometimes with saag.) So I believe I have to appear in front of the Panj Piare for these mistakes. But I'm confused because I feel I never actually took Amrit in the first place. (I wish I could ask Giani Thakur Singh Ji about this.)

So I was thinking of retaking Amrit from the beginning (to get Amrit that contains the five Banis in their entirety and to get the whole Mool Mantar up to Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach).

Does anyone know if anyone has ever taken Amrit using SGPC Maryada and then retaken it (from the beginning) using Taksali Maryada?

Thanks.

(And I don't want to start some sort of crazy debate. I would prefer if like-minded Taksali folks commented (and SGPCers kept their distance).)

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

The best (and only thing which I think you can do) is to go and talk to the Panj Piareh yourself. You won't find your answers on the net and especially not on a forum.

I just got back from a Keertan Smagam in Germany today and there was an Amrit Sanchar yesterday organised by students from Damdami Taksal. I've had a lot of questions in my mind lately and after the Amrit Sanchar others were allowed to come into the room after the Amrit Sanchar and hear the Rehat. I realised that this is my chance to speak directly with the Panj Piare. They were very humbly and I got all the answers to my questions.

I asked one of the Singh's who did Seva in Panj Piare when the next Amrit Sanchar is and he said they only do one Amrit Sanchar a year in the UK at Sant Baba Thakur Singh Jee's Barsi in December. He said they can arrange one if Sangat wants it but if you find out that there's an Amrit Sanchar earlier this year in the UK organised by Damdami Taksal please let me know.

The best (and only thing which I think you can do) is to go and talk to the Panj Piareh yourself. You won't find your answers on the net and especially not on a forum.

I just got back from a Keertan Smagam in Germany today and there was an Amrit Sanchar yesterday organised by students from Damdami Taksal. I've had a lot of questions in my mind lately and after the Amrit Sanchar others were allowed to come into the room after the Amrit Sanchar and hear the Rehat. I realised that this is my chance to speak directly with the Panj Piare. They were very humbly and I got all the answers to my questions.

I asked one of the Singh's who did Seva in Panj Piare when the next Amrit Sanchar is and he said they only do one Amrit Sanchar a year in the UK at Sant Baba Thakur Singh Jee's Barsi in December. He said they can arrange one if Sangat wants it but if you find out that there's an Amrit Sanchar earlier this year in the UK organised by Damdami Taksal please let me know.

waheguru je ka khalsa waheguru je ke fateh

penjee can you share what they said in terms of rehat plz

bhai sahib jeo/penji.

Amrit is of guru sahib and not of a specific jatha or organisation. If you have issues, please visit somewhere where you know the rehat will be strong and strict and then follow it, with satguru granth sahib jees kirpa

Penji the singhs do seva on a few occasions throughout the year, mainly at the barsi but hopefully soon with guru jees kirpa there will be more smagams like this. If anyone wants to book an international one in europe then please pm me.

I was thinking of asking the Panj Piare as well. (I'm scared to death though - Panj Piare are Guru Roop.)

I was also hoping that someone out there knew someone (or had heard of someone) who had taken Amrit using SGPC Maryada first... and then re-taken it using Taksali Maryada. (Or would I be the first one? :6 )

You are lucky to have access to Taksali Panj Piare. I wish I lived in the UK (I live in Ontario, Canada - far away from Toronto). But there is an Amrit Sanchar in Toronto on Feb 26 at Malton Gurughar (by students of Damdami Taksal I believe).

I was also thinking further of my situation.

The Panj Piare gave me the SGPC Rehat (we were told we only need to read 3 banis in the morning, etc. etc.). This Rehat also allows eating of animals and animal products as long as they are not prepared in the Muslim way. It also states that if you commit a Kurehat unintetionally, it doesn't count. (I'm in no way saying that this is right - but this is the Rehat I was given by the Panj Piare). So based on the SGPC Rehat Maryada (which I was given), I'm not a Kurehtiya... ....But that doesn't really get me anywhere.

So the plan is this: With Guru Ji's Kirpa, I will present myself to the Panj Piare and ask them if I can retake Amrit (prepared with 5 Banis recited in their entirety) and receive the whole Mool Mantar/proper Rehat.

But thanks for your input folks. If there is still someone out there who can answer my main question, please let me know.

(Or if someone could ask Guru Gobind Singh Ji or Giani Thakur Singh Ji for me - that would be awesome as well.)

PS - In one Katha (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Katha), Giani Thakur Singh Ji says that if you received Amrit from a woman Panj Piara (Singhni), your Amrit doesn't count and you should retake it.

VJKK. VJKF.

conqthemind, I do not live in the UK, I live somewhere else in Europe and went to Hamburg in Germany last weekend for a Keertan Smagam. Maharaaj blessed me with the opportunity to speak with the Panj Piare right after the Amrit Sanchar. When I stood infront of them I couldn't even speak properly, I got so nervous and I was scared to death. But I got the answers to my questions and you should do the same when you get the opportunity.

khalistan zindabaad, let me know if there's an Amrit Sanchar in the UK organised by Damdami Taksal before the barsi. I'd like to arrange a Keertan Smagam in the country where I live but the Gurdwara here has been closed for the last 3 years due to political problems/issues. We'll have to wait 'till it opens.