Suicide

mundasingh123

Veers I started this topic after seeing someone discuss the issue of ethunasia.The reason why i dont think Suicide is that disgraceful an exit to this world is if one is not able to lead the life he wants to lead and achieve things that he wanted inspite of putting in all his efforts , he should not be compelled to eke out a living like a rat when he dreamt about living like a King all the time.

5 years back i said to myself that it is not the quantity of the years that i lived but its the quality that matters.If i am not able to live the life I wanted to why should i continue to crawl through life , get old and decay and one day just lie and die.But one thing that discourages me from doing it is my Pride as a Sikh . After all who knows which form i might take in my next birth.

Suicide would result in you losing your human janam. The next janams would be the chaurassi lakh joon and you may very well literally end up crawling in the mud as a worm or living a fearful life as a rat. Whether or not we live as a king depends on our karma. If it's not in our karam, no amount of planning or effort in the world will give it to us. To improve our karma, we need seva, simran, and satsangat, as well as the avoidance of bad deeds. Your situation today is not necessarily your situation tomorrow. I have been through incredibly difficult times that I thought would never improve, but today life is looking up. The point is, when are in the bottom of the valley, we cannot see what is on the other side in our life's path. My advice is to get some counselling if you need to, as well as focus on more naam bani and seva. Go see your Guru everyday and ask him to guide you.

If I was merely living LIKE a king, I would want to be a Sikh, then I would BE King.

So recognize your Sikhi and you'll recognize your KINGDOM.

punjabi cultural disclaimer...ok kids "King" does not mean you beat your chest after purchasing some worldly educational designation or having a large pricey eyesore of a chandelier in your home, while those you call friends talk behind your back...King means living the life of a humble and fearless saint-soldier.

p.s. you mean "veers and pahans"

Say this to Guru Sahib in your Ardas

ਅਬ ਹਮ ਚਲੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਹਾਰਿ ॥

Now, I have come, exhausted, to my Lord and Master.

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਸਰਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Now that I have come seeking Your Sanctuary, God, please, either save me, or kill me. ||1||Pause||

ਲੋਕਨ ਕੀ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਉਪਮਾ ਤੇ ਬੈਸੰਤਰਿ ਜਾਰਿ ॥

I have burnt in the fire the clever devices and praises of the world.

ਕੋਈ ਭਲਾ ਕਹਉ ਭਾਵੈ ਬੁਰਾ ਕਹਉ ਹਮ ਤਨੁ ਦੀਓ ਹੈ ਢਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

Some speak good of me, and some speak ill of me, but I have surrendered my body to You. ||1||

ਜੋ ਆਵਤ ਸਰਣਿ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰਿ ॥

Whoever comes to Your Sanctuary, O God, Lord and Master, You save by Your Merciful Grace.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਲਾਜ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥੨॥੪॥

Servant Nanak has entered Your Sanctuary, Dear Lord; O Lord, please, protect his honor! ||2||4||

and let Him "kill" you, thereby killing your haumai and your mind, which is indeed a new life.

This life was blessed to you by Akaal Purkh so let Him take it away when He wants to.

By interrupting your life cycle you will mess everything up. You are here not to become a king or to live the life you want, but to live the life your karams want you to live..

If you eek out a living as a rat all your life in some ways this is good (although I agree this is very hard to accept ) because you are working through your karams , and if you can jap naam in such conditions then you burn away your bad karam and you emerge the other side a much cleaner person spiritually. So in your next janam you may well become a King.

Guest ur chacha

I used to think about it alot just coz I alwys thght this life isn't for me ! this world is awful kaljug! but thing ghat stopped me was my responsibilites to my family ! suicide is a bit selfis. and it's hard for a family to take . more and more youth talking about it and thinking about it it's mad! an issue that needs addressing big time

Thank You Khalsa Jis for the empathetic words. I myself take heed to all this , take morale and try to recover , yet succumb to the tendencies when i just turn the corner . I agree that Nitnem , paath does take your mind away from the Loser Type feelings for a white yet isnt it true that God helps those who help themselves. One of my friends long time back gifted me the japji Sahib so ill resolve and do some paath . I also feel good when i do some strength exercises but they give me succour and a feel good feeling only until i go off to sleep and wake up the next morning to find myself in this Big Bad and competitive world where even your cousins are just as good as strangers. I recently fell out with my cousins over some very uncouth issues at my cousin's marriage,I had always adored my cousins but just realized that my cousins dont give a <banned word filter activated> about our relationship and they are better off trusting and sticking to Parayes.

All life has a an innate desire to survive. It is only the human mind thay causes us to cease this desire. Humans are fickle - one minute we are strong enough to survive and conquer the world, the next we are fed up of living and want to die.

If you can conquer your mind, you will remove such imbalances. As above, even if you are homeless, continuing simran will be of more benefit than trying to burn through sins by killing yourself in each lifetime over and over again.

The answer to your question is very simple.

It is not the quality nor quantity of life that one must question, rather the purpose.

Bhai Praapat Manukh Dehuria, Gobind Milan ki eh teri baria — Awar kaaj tere kite na kaam — Mil sadsangati bhaj kewal Naam

If the purpose of your existence was to become a king, or to have a good life, live in a good house, have a good family ... etc, etc then I agree with what you are saying, then it will be righteous to say this is not the life you want to live. But walk outside and look around you pyaare meet: Nanak dukhiya sab sansaar. Neither are kings happy, neither are beggars happy ... only that blessed being lives in immortal bliss who's mind is always at the feet of the Guru.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBR_OQ_3E6o&playnext=1&list=PL6507C4C5FB11987C

Heera jaise janam hai, kaudi badle jaye

Don't waste this life by even aspiring to live like a king: Je jug chare aarja, hor dasuni hoi. Nava kanda vich jaaniye naal chale sab koi. Changa nau rakhaiye ke jas kirat jag lei. Je tis nadar na avai ta vaat na puche ke. Keeta andar keet kar dosi dos tare.

pyaare meet, fulfill your destiny and become one with akal purakh. All this business of life as a King is nonsense, Aaj hai, kal nahi.

My sincerest apologies if this hurts anyone.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh