R.I.P Gagandeep Singh 1989 - 2011

AnakinSkywalker

I requested Admin to delete numerous posts last night, which they duly did, as they could lead to rumour and speculation as to motives as to why what happened as it did. There are numerous stories flying out there. Sarpanch has hinted at one of them in his post. I would request Admin to moderate such post so as to not get into details. Speculating until the truth fully comes out in the trial is not helpful for anyone.

What we should reflect on at this stage is that 4 lives have been ruined, with all 4 families extremely badly affected. Our Veer Gagandip Singh, an extremely well-intentioned Panthic naujawaan has lost his life, and with that, the immense Sevaa he would have no doubt done for the Panth in the coming years.

A lesson coming out of this for us youth: we need to beg Guroo Jee to bless with even more Bhagtee so as to protect us from the 5 Chor and to save us from this dark pit of Kaljug.

No-one will thank Sikh TV if the truth ends up being something completely opposite to what is being portrayed. There are so many unanswered questions, the main question now is if you are one of those who know the truth, will you beable to live with yourself and keep quiet? Guruji knows all and will manifest the truth….All the media spin in the world won’t be able to stop this from happening.

Fishy aint the word...Has anyone thought why would a medical student decide to one day do in the CEO of Sikh TV?

Don't make sense that they were in a relationship...The problem is, the people who know what was going on have too much respect to come on here and say bad things about Gagandip Singh.

Why is everyone so quick to shut down talk of a relationship? Will that invalidate all his seva for the panth? Of course it won't. He was a young man in the media industry with a lot of power. Obviously he was going to come across all types of people - some genuine, others aware of his financial clout. If he was ensnared by this girl for purposes other than romance, then the court case will also reveal the exact nature of their relationship.

What will happen when (or IF) a relationship is revealed in court? Are we going to burn the High Court down? Assassinate the lawyers for the defence? Lets just chill out and not bury our heads in the sand.

If those allegations about Gagandip Singh's private life are proven to be the cause of his passing, they need to be discussed in a frank and mature manner - when the time is right. We are all human. We make mistakes. He was a young lad and I'm sure we've all made questionable choices whilst in the bloom of youth. I think those who knew him and loved him shouldn't allow his achievements to be overshadowed by any events that may (or may not) have occured.

From the little I've gleaned from various people who knew him, he never portrayed himself as a sant or a holy man, and as such to expect a young man to live up to those lofty standards is unrealistic. In due time, I am confident the investigation into his passing will yield the necessary answers.

Also let's not go into pendu mode and think everything is a conspiracy.

Apologies if I've spoken out of turn.

Kuljug Ji. Can we proclaim to be Amritdhari Sikhs and not live by the ideals of the Khalsa? This is the deal you do with Guruji the minute you take amrit. The expectation of high moral behaviour is immediate!

For us to ignore behaviour Guruji has explained as a bujjar kurehit, is refusing to live by the Khalsa Rehit. It does overshadow things, if kaam drove him to his death then we cannot bury our heads in the sand and continue to incorrectly portray the situation.

Kaam exists at all ages. The advantage of taking Amrit early is that attempts to control kaam will flourish as you get older. But if you chose to follow kaam at a young age then it will affect you through your life and can become the downfall. The spiritual seeds you sow at a young age will help when you get older. For us to feel that he was young and therefore allowed to mess around is a western attitude, nothing at all to do with Sikhi.

Why is everyone so quick to shut down talk of a relationship? Will that invalidate all his seva for the panth? Of course it won't. He was a young man in the media industry with a lot of power. Obviously he was going to come across all types of people - some genuine, others aware of his financial clout. If he was ensnared by this girl for purposes other than romance, then the court case will also reveal the exact nature of their relationship.

@ TavPrasad Singh - That's what I said. But the lad's death is still very fresh in the mind's of people at the moment.

What I meant (apologies if I wasn't clear) was let's not condemn him for eternity even if he has made a mistake. I know that Amrit signifies an ideal that is the most highest and most pure, but IF he did stray from the ideals of that path, don't forget the good that he DID do for his faith.

I'm saying "Let's not ignore the facts when they are revealed, BUT in the same breath let's not condemn the lad forever, if we learn things that do not match our expectations of someone who has taken Amrit".

The regulars on here must know my stance on issues by now. I would never agree or endorse "kaami" attitudes from any category of Sikh, whether the person is in chardhi kala Amrtidhari-roop or of the sehaj variety.