Please Do Not Vote!

Ek0sikh

Dear all

Please do not vote in the coming elections for Sri Guru Singh Sabha and stay away from the political DRAMA.

The three major parties and their top leaders have shown their true manners on the sikh channel. They are all businessmen with their own agendas. No one is free from corruption. M "Lion group" and S"baaj group" have used peoples money for the courts cases to settle their egos which is extremely wrong. Third party has fielded most of their own family members to run our gurdwara which is wrong. M used his status to promote his own company for double glazing amounting to about 80000 and the windows were not even good quality. S wants to be like Badal and never leave the top chair i.e. for 11 years and more to come -till his sons come up and grab that. Baaj group doesn't seem to have anyone with more intelligence and courage that Mr S himself. All others are mere posters. third party came up because of the internal conflict within the second party.

I hate politics and I would like to request like minded sangat to protest peacefully and not become part of this DRAMA. They must not vote to any party and boycott these elections. It is sheer wastage of sangats money about i.e. £ 70-80000.

I would like to therefore propose a plan which includes setting up several action groups comprising of volunteers from general public who are CRB cleared, well educated professionals, accountable and resposible individuals and who are willing to sign up for their duties. these action groups will take over in rotation looking after the daily requirements. These action groups could be seperately made for langar, Kirtan and Katha, teaching classes, human resources, general accounts etc which might include professionals from these areas.

Wahe guru ji ka Khalsa

wahe guru ji Ki Fateh

I totally appreciate where you're coming from but unfortunately disagree with the first part of your approach. Before I go on, I just want to say, the second part (i.e. setting up action groups) is a totally valid idea to me. However, to not vote is a political action in itself and actually, what you end up doing is giving these people free reign to do whatever they wish. With respect, let's be a little more realistic. You have to work within the system to change the system and it won't be easy!

Thanks for your views.

we will be begining our protests soon as the sangat who is objecting to the way these parties are portraying Sikhs and the issues related to their temples is growing. we will be asking individuals to step forward and ask these people to leave our gurdwaras as they are not clean. Ego, misuse of money and position, raking up controversial issuing and sidelining from the main objectives of sikhi and sewa is what they are doing.

Boycotting means "we are not part of this drama of lies and allegations as becoming part of them and voting would mean we are not true sikhs and are ignoring the basic principles".

I will request people to join us at uk.sikh@yahoo.co.uk and register themselves to clean up this system.

many thanks

wahe guru ji ka khalsa

wahe guru ji ki fateh

WJKK WJKF

The first step towards FREEDOM (IF WE REALLY WANT) is to cleanise our Gurudwara system from dynasty Prabandak committies, I don't know too much about Southall and Elections over there, but if the Sangat knows and agrees what happening over there is not correct, get both of them out and get a new party which has a neat and clean record with no dynasty political attachment. The task will be difficult but not impossible.

BEGIN THE REVOLUTION ...

Dear all

Please do not vote in the coming elections for Sri Guru Singh Sabha and stay away from the political DRAMA.

The three major parties and their top leaders have shown their true manners on the sikh channel. They are all businessmen with their own agendas. No one is free from corruption. M "Lion group" and S"baaj group" have used peoples money for the courts cases to settle their egos which is extremely wrong. Third party has fielded most of their own family members to run our gurdwara which is wrong. M used his status to promote his own company for double glazing amounting to about 80000 and the windows were not even good quality. S wants to be like Badal and never leave the top chair i.e. for 11 years and more to come -till his sons come up and grab that. Baaj group doesn't seem to have anyone with more intelligence and courage that Mr S himself. All others are mere posters. third party came up because of the internal conflict within the second party.

I hate politics and I would like to request like minded sangat to protest peacefully and not become part of this DRAMA. They must not vote to any party and boycott these elections. It is sheer wastage of sangats money about i.e. £ 70-80000.

I would like to therefore propose a plan which includes setting up several action groups comprising of volunteers from general public who are CRB cleared, well educated professionals, accountable and resposible individuals and who are willing to sign up for their duties. these action groups will take over in rotation looking after the daily requirements. These action groups could be seperately made for langar, Kirtan and Katha, teaching classes, human resources, general accounts etc which might include professionals from these areas.

Wahe guru ji ka Khalsa

wahe guru ji Ki Fateh

Wahe guru ji ka Khalsa

wahe guru ji Ki Fateh

If we wont vote then this will continue and the change will never happen. This is the reason why we must use our vote to take out Malhi and Sohi Group. I understand your comment regarding the Sikh Sangat Group, but they seem sincere. They even offered they will withdraw from elections if the Sangat's money is returned to the Gurdwara by Mr Sohi and Mr Malhi (£500,000).

The Goals of Sikh Sangat group are what the Sikhs need.

Can the sangat group re-nominate people other than family members or ask family members to withdraw ?

this seems like one family will have more say in running a gurdwara which belongs to everyone. i think they have atleast 6 members from one family which is not right. Are there no other people with dignity, knowledge and time to work as gurdwara committee members?

exercising your vote means that you are favouring anyone of the wrong groups. Not excercising means that I am out of this drama and will seek change in the form of protests which will start soon asking "thekedars"(mahants) to step down and seek sikh publics guidance by forming small action groups comprising individuals of high calibre knowledge and committment.

EKOSIKH....to encourage people not to vote is a sad reflection on your lack of intelligence?

Surely even a uneducated character the likes of you - appreciates that The best mechanism we currentley have in place is the election process?

what do you suggest a prized raffel prehaps?:BL:

quote, "As long as the prize is the keys to the Gurudwara, I'm sure some unsavoury characters would enter that raffle too"

which translates to me; lets simply disregard the institution, democracy, election and common sense and leave it all to luck? chance? divine intervention?

Maybe call in gaddafi? or South Korean President Kim Dae-jung and the implement the " sunshine policy"?

Factually and practically speaking a fair and proper election campaign is required and suffice and the sangat/ community should , as has always been the case, vote in democratically- the party of there choice?

Maybe you should stop these electronic exchanges and nominate yourself- to think of a better word, minute man!:p