"Committees & The Youth" - Live Discussion Show

GurSa Singh

I've just rang up the Sikh Channel to find out that the repeat showing of last Sunday's youth discussion about Committees has been cancelled!

Sikh Channel have received pressure from Gurdwara Committees not to repeat this show!

There are blatant attempts every week to silent the voice of the youth. The show was a constructive discussion about everyone playing their part and joining the seva of running the Gurdwaras in UK.

Please ring Sikh Channel and request them to repeat the youth show 0121 380 1050 or email dsb@sikhchannel.tv

LOL. I just rung Sikh Channel and ended up on the queue for a live show! For a minute I thought I was live on air....

Anyways, rang again and had an interesting conversation with a lady on the phone. She said that they "don't" repeat live shows, which I said was not true from previous showings. Then she said that if there are objections to content of a live show they don't show them again. I asked her if there was an objection to the above youth show broadcast live last Sunday, to which she replied that there had been some complaints about the content from some Gurdwara Presidents! She wouldn't give me the specifics.

The show must have really rattled some cages! I thought it was pretty balanced...

Ironically, when these committees were asked to call in on the show to comment live on air they lost their voices. But as soon as the show's off air, the get their list of complaints out. The complaining committees should have been soormay enough to mitigate comments against them on the show there and then.

Sikh channel are sell outs when it comes to these committees and I can guarantee we can guess who complained. At least sikh channel didnt show repeat that RST birmingham shambles of a panth time show!

WJKK WJKF

These committee boaks have lost the plot, and lost their tongues, they have no idea how to be in tune with the current environment and vision the youth is speaking about. They also have no vision for the future of our Gurdwaras - which will be dire if the visionary examples mentioned in the show are not adapted by the wider Sikh sangat. The committee typos have done their bit - which was to build large Gurdwaras- now they feel attached to them and don't want any one else to take charge or change-- no change - means the future is in dire straits for our Gurdwaras period!!!

SIkh Channel sevadaars monitor this thread all the time -- why are you not answering or participating in this thread?

WJKK WJKF

These committee boaks have lost the plot, and lost their tongues, they have no idea how to be in tune with the current environment and vision the youth is speaking about. They also have no vision for the future of our Gurdwaras - which will be dire if the visionary examples mentioned in the show are not adapted by the wider Sikh sangat. The committee typos have done their bit - which was to build large Gurdwaras- now they feel attached to them and don't want any one else to take charge or change-- no change - means the future is in dire straits for our Gurdwaras period!!!

SIkh Channel sevadaars monitor this thread all the time -- why are you not answering or participating in this thread?

It's all selective hearing and interpretations. If I remember correctly, the discussion show was pretty generic and non-specific but it obviously challenged the comfortable "norm" some of the current committee members want to maintain.

It shows how selective and censored parchar actually is nowadays. Sikh Channel just side with whoever makes the most noise and whoever gives them more brownie points. At the end of the day the committee are seen as more influential than the normal Sikh on the street.

I think the youth need to pool their dd's together and use it as an influence tool with all the Sikh TV Channels with the aim of getting the right kind of parchar out there. One dd on for £15 month has no impact but 100 dds at £1500/month has more impact. If 100 members of sikhsangat pooled their dd's into one than we could have a stronger swing in the TV channels and not have our voices suppressed by the same bland parbhandak who monopolise the stages.