blue clothes

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Just wanted to share this line

"The blackness of sin is erased by my wearing of blue clothes, and meditation on the Lord`s Lotus Feet is my robe of honor"

page 16

Can you or someone please write the gurbani line also. Would be nice to write the whole shabad too plus meaning .... :wub:

"The blackness of sin is erased by my wearing of blue clothes, and meditation on the Lord`s Lotus Feet is my robe of honor"
ang 16

blue, for singhs and singhanis is no doubt the religious colour of sikhs, guru ji said it represented bravery (i think). hence we have the nihangs in blue, and many gursikhs in blue.

by turning into khalsa you...

The blackness of sin is erased by my wearing of blue clothes

your dukh goes, turn into a khalsa ji, your problems will go (of course i am not a khalsa ji, i am just translating the meaning of the hukamnama from my small knowledge in sikhi)

guru ji goes onto say....

and meditation on the Lord`s Lotus Feet is my robe of honor"
meditation is good for you. sukhmani sahib astpadi 1 summons up why we should do simran.

bhaghat namdev said in sggs, he was worth half a shell, but on turning towards god became worth millions, and everyone wanted to

know who he was. he was famous, he was a celbrity. but it wasnt because of him being a good footballer like ronaldo, or a good singer like... (cant think of anyone, but you can think of one) but he was a celeb because he remembered god and he preached.

when we do simran, we concentrate on guru jis charan, hence from what i have been taught, the meaning of the padam, you can concentrate on its feet. but lucky are those who concentrate with a full and pure heart that one day they actually see guru jis charan.

the Lord`s Lotus Feet is my robe of honor

to a manmukh, their obe of honour is denim, jeans, trousers etc. they feel proud by wearing all this, they are fashionable.

guru ji says thats not what his robe of honour is. maharaj's charan is his support, his clothes, his robe of honour. he is honoured by this.

thats what i think it means anyway. bhol chukke muaff if i said anything wrong.

DEFINITION OF THE ABOVE SHABAD

ArQ :—jy mn pRBU dI Xwd ivc prc jwey, qW ies nUµ (dunIAw dy) swry im`Ty suAwd vwly pdwrQ smJo [ jy suriq hrI dy nwm ivc juVn l`g pey, qW ies nUµ lUx vwly pdwrQ jwxo [ mUMh nwl pRBU dw nwm aucwrnw K`ty suAwd vwly pdwrQ smJo [ prmwqmw dI is&iq-swlwh dw kIrqn mswly jwxo [ prmwqmw nwl iek-rs pRym C`qI iksmW dy suAwdly Bojn hn [ (pr ieh au~cI dwiq ausy nUµ imldI hY) ijs auqy (pRBU imhr dI) nzr krdw hY [1[

hy BweI! ijnHW pdwrQW dy Kwx nwl srIr rogI ho jWdw hY, Aqy mn ivc (BI keI) mMdy i^Awl qur pYNdy hn, auhnW pdwrQW nUµ Kwx nwl ^uAwr hoeIdw hY [1[rhwau[

pRBU-pRIq ivc mn rMigAw jwey, ieh lwl puSwk (smwn) hY, dwn puMn krnw (loVvMidAW dI syvw krnI) ieh ic`tI puSwk smJo [ Awpxy mn ivcoN kwl^ k`t dyxI nIly rMg dI puSwk jwxo [ pRBU-crnW dw iDAwn cogw hY [ hy pRBU! sMqoK nUµ mYN Awpxy l`k dw ptkw bxwieAw hY, qyrw nwm hI myrw Dn hY myrI juAwnI hY [2[

hy BweI! ijs pihnx nwl srIr duKI hovy, qy mn ivc BI BYVy i^Awl qur pYx, ieho ijhw pihnx dw SONk qy cwau ^uAwr krdw hY [1[rhwau[

hy pRBU! qyry crnW ivc juVn dw jIvn-rwh smJxw (myry vwsqy) sony dI dumcI vwly qy (sohxI) kwTI vwly GoiVAW dI svwrI hY [ qyrI is&iq-swlwh dw au~dm krnw (myry vwsqy) B`Qy qIr kmwn brCI qy qlvwr dw gwqRw hn [ (qyry dr qy) ie`zq nwl sur^rU hoxw (myry vwsqy) vwjw qy nyjw hn, qyrI imhr (dI nzr) myry leI au~cI kul hY [3[

hy BweI! ijs GoV-svwrI krn nwl srIr AOKw hovy, mn ivc BI (AhMkwr Awidk dy) keI ivkwr pYdw ho jwx, auh GoV-svwrI qy aus dw cwau ^uAwr krdw hY [1[rhwau[

mhl

-mwVIAW dw vsybw (myry vwsqy) qyrw nwm jpx qoN pYdw hoeI ^uSI hI hY [ qyrI imhr dI nzr myrw kutMb hY (jo ^uSI mYnUµ Awpxw prvwr dyK ky huMdI hY, auhI qyrI imhr dI nzr ivcoN imlygI) [ (dUijAW pwsoN Awpxw) hukm (mnwxw) qy (hukm dy) hor hor bol bolxy (qy ies ivc ^uSI mihsUs krnI myry vwsqy) qyrI rzw ivc rwzI rihxw hY [

hy nwnk! sdw-iQr pRBU pwiqSwh AYsy jIvn vwly dI hor pu`C-ivcwr nhIN krdw (Bwv, aus dw jIvn aus dIAW nzrW ibv prvwn hY) [4[

hy BweI! (pRBU dI is&iq-swlwh dI ^uSI C`f ky) hor AYS-ieSrq dI ^uSI ^uAwr krdI hY, ikaNuiNk hor hor AYS-ieSrq srIr nUµ rogI krdI hY qy mn ivc BI ivkwr c`l pYNdy hn [1[rhwau[4[7[

I use to think the same that blue clothes are preferable, over other colors, but I accidently took that line out of context, and applied my little knowledge of what it meant, guru sahib is referring to many clothes, foods, shasters, etc. He's using metaphors to describe them, how if you stay tuned into Naam, then all else is good. Its a little complicated to describe in english, that punjabi translation would probably best describe it. I hope most people can understand it.

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^