Yogi Baba Ramdev Says Guru Gobind Singh Saved Bharat

SarabjeetS

On Asthaa Channel, i once heard him say that Sikhism is part of Hinduism...i stopped watching his programs from that day!

Hindu swamis and brahmans are afraid of Sikhism ultimately triumphing over India . Sikhism is much more simple and much more beautiful than Hinduism . Many Hindus also know this but hide from accepting . Brahmans and these swamis are afraid that if Sikhi comes in mainstream India , it will win converts .

So , to suppress Sikhi , they call it part of Hinduism .

I don't think Ramdevs is fooling anyone where do you think he is ?

His opinions could be construed by some as a method of saying to Sikhs "Aren't these Hindu folk awesome? They love us!!! Forget about justice for our shaheed brothers and sisters, and let's ignore the concerted efforts of those within power to oppress and subjugate Sikhs. This Hindu holy man praised Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He must be a swell guy!!!" Some of our people are easily mislead into taking their eye off the ball. Heads are easily turned.

Would you like me to elaborate or do you get the gist? I'm not having a go at him specifically, but I also wouldn't be so quick to start praising the words of a holy man who belongs to a faith that want's to assimilate us.

Ramdev is a nice enough guy and is educating the masses about useful yoga techniques and good luck to him.

But end of the day the fact is that he believes Sikhism is not a religion and is a military sect of Hinduism. He will therefore use the great gem which is 'Sikh History' for his own purposes. To be honest, he cant use any relevant Hindu history as its primarily from thousands of years ago and mostly sounds mythical in nature, therefore nobody can relate to it. Its just clever poltricks.

His opinions could be construed by some as a method of saying to Sikhs "Aren't these Hindu folk awesome? They love us!!! Forget about justice for our shaheed brothers and sisters, and let's ignore the concerted efforts of those within power to oppress and subjugate Sikhs. This Hindu holy man praised Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He must be a swell guy!!!" Some of our people are easily mislead into taking their eye off the ball. Heads are easily turned.

Would you like me to elaborate or do you get the gist? I'm not having a go at him specifically, but I also wouldn't be so quick to start praising the words of a holy man who belongs to a faith that want's to assimilate us.

For a start any Sikh who sees him as Holy man needs to go back a read our scripture and philopshy. We don’t deal with self styled holy men (which include bogus Babars), we have Gurus and God.

In my eyes Ramdev is not holy man, I see him as a fitness trainer and some who could help with certain illness or health. and that’s it.

One Hindu says good things bout Guru Gobind Singh and all Sikhs are to view Hindus as good people doubt!!!

2:35 onwards. Fair play to him but it could be a sly method of fooling gullible Sikhs into taking it easy on Hindu oppressors. I don't know - any opinions?

No, I am pretty sure he is a very sincere person. I've heard some good things about him and he seems to be very humble. I think one of the few real Hindus who gets media attention.

Fair enough. That's why I asked for opinions as I'd never heard of this guy prior to watching the video on the 1st page.

However, I still stand by my assertion that we shouldn't let his praise go to our heads. This time it could be genuine, but the next time someone else like him could spout something a bit more sinister to cause confusion.

If he is as decent as a few of you have said, then I'll accept that.