Hawayein Film

Typical punjabi film that has it's own touch of the story. (Though very possible someone could relate the story to an imaginary real character. But it doesn't convey what 1984 really means for Sikhs. It doesn't sooth my burning heart.) Khalistani Sardars are shown as unnecessarily violent species with Muslim and Pakistan militant connections for a bit. (Some version have cut this seen)

The only reason some adore it, is because it attempts to shows the murders and violence that occurred during the genocide a bit explicitly. But since it's the only one, besides the movie 'Amu', people think this is the only thing that happened.

Otherwise I wouldn't touch anything involving Babbu Mann (starring in Hawayein) and the likes. His typical attempt to gain popularity by touching religious issues in front of wannabe-westerners Punjabi youth, who barely know Sikhism and realize singers as gods.

Verdict: Not everyone sympathetic to 1984 genocide knows 1984. But watch it so you can have a verdict yourself.

Watch 'Amu' movie instead. It was NOT released in India. You can find all parts of Amu on YouTube.

Whatever it is everyone who watched the movie got an introduction to what happened in 1984 and opened the eyes of the punjabi community. Of course people who are GurSikhs will know, but not all punjabis know exactly what happened.

In that sense, i think it was good.

I agree with BabbarKhalsa, watch Amu, it's a good movie.

Typical punjabi film that has it's own touch of the story. (Though very possible someone could relate the story to an imaginary real character. But it doesn't convey what 1984 really means for Sikhs. It doesn't sooth my burning heart.) Khalistani Sardars are shown as unnecessarily violent species with Muslim and Pakistan militant connections for a bit. (Some version have cut this seen)

The only reason some adore it, is because it attempts to shows the murders and violence that occurred during the genocide a bit explicitly. But since it's the only one, besides the movie 'Amu', people think this is the only thing that happened.

Otherwise I wouldn't touch anything involving Babbu Mann (starring in Hawayein) and the likes. His typical attempt to gain popularity by touching religious issues in front of wannabe-westerners Punjabi youth, who barely know Sikhism and realize singers as gods.

Verdict: Not everyone sympathetic to 1984 genocide knows 1984. But watch it so you can have a verdict yourself.

Watch 'Amu' movie instead. It was NOT released in India. You can find all parts of Amu on YouTube.

This is very true.

Can someone kindy please post link to the actual 'Amu' film from YouTube because when I searched it I could only find the trailer and some random japaniess cartoon things lol

Thanks in advance :)

Guru kirpa

I'm thinking they removed it due to copyright infringement. Here's the trailer though:

Watch the Punjabi movie called Siyasat, it covers a lot of the main issues such as jatts forced to sell lands to big companies, fake encounters, fake kharkoos, police brutality and why people were driven towards armed movement. Shows the Jujharoos in a very positive light.

Hawayein is OK in the fact it depicts a true account of the Delhi Massacres but does show some of the Jujharoos in a negative image. These things were done to pass censorship in India, the original script was very different. Also it fails to correctly give background of Operation Bluestar.

Maachis is another film that deals with the issues of Delhi Massacres, police brutality and armed struggle

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nKUyFTyTNwU

Here you go brother, and the whole movie is broken is into 07-10 minute's part. The first link is pasted above, and next links will come on Youtube automatically. I had seen the movie 1 year ago.

I have no expectation of any Justice from Hindutva led courts and Hindutva government - as the college I studied although was in Punjab - Hindus (Punjabi Hindus/Baniya's and Brahmins) in my class justified the 3 day massacre of Sikhs in Delhi laughing on the Lunch mess tables - Sikhs were running here and there and we butchered them like nothing. Those are the students whose parents are in IPS/IAS/Judiciary/Punjab & Haryana Government - so you can see from where these teachings are coming. Don't expect any Justice from Hindutava courts. It has been 26 years, all Police Officers involved have been given promotions, all IAS/Judiciary have been given promotions, all politicians involved have been Cabinet Ministers till now ...

If you still expect Juristiction verdict from Hindutva courts, an example - you can see the Jurisdiction of Babri Masjid court case and land division - the verdict is done without any evidence and in the ratio of the Justice Panel faith/Aastha - 2 Judges were Hindus (1 Sharma/1 Aggarwal) , 3rd was Khan. The verdict was "It is Hindu's aastha that Ram Mandir was over here - No Evidence", but we also want to give Muslim Brothers something, so 1/3rd land to WAQF Board and 2/3rd to Hindus. Take the analogy back to 1947 when the blame is imposed on Jinnah for land division and 2 Nation Theory.

This biased verdict is to a sect who is given more prefential treatement much more than the small Sikh minority anyway ... So, you can imagine how much of Sikh Justice will be important in the eyes of Hindutva Government/Judiciary ...

If you expect Justice, just do 1 Japji Sahib Paath daily from the bottom of your heart for the people who have been massacred and pray to Guru for Justice ... Forget Justice from Hindutva courts ...