Jeev Milkha Singh Coach Forced To Remove Turban Again At Milan Airport

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/jeev-milkha-singhs-coach-asked-to-remove-turban-again-93467

Jeev Milkha Singh's coach asked to remove turban, again

AmritinderSingh295.jpg

New Delhi: For the second time in less than two weeks, Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh's coach Amritinder Singh was on Tuesday asked to take off his turban at the Milan airport.

Amritinder, who was travelling with Jeev for the Sicilian Open, was told he couldn't board the flight if he didn't remove his turban. This after Amritinder showed a letter of apology from the Italian Golf Federation on what happened with him last week.

Foreign Minister SM Krishna has condemned the behaviour of airport personnel at Milan and said that religious sentiments of Indians need to be respected.

The Indian envoy has been told to take up the matter seriously with the Italian government.

Sources say India is pushing for a UN resolution that recognises the turban as a religious symbol of Indians in light of such incidents at airports worldwide.

WJKK WJKF

What's the matter - people not coming up with any ideas here do we just mope about such issues.

To all TURBAN wearing Sikh amritdhari or non amritdharis please post suggestions on raisingg awareness of who we are

I have a suggestion and others are welcome:

1. When you talk to any gora always prompt and ask them "by the way what do you think of my apperance and attire ? from which country or race do you think I belong to ???

The rest is your own homework-- we're duty bound to do this living in the western hemisphere.

Like I said any other ideas ???

WJKK WJKF

What's the matter - people not coming up with any ideas here do we just mope about such issues.

To all TURBAN wearing Sikh amritdhari or non amritdharis please post suggestions on raisingg awareness of who we are

I have a suggestion and others are welcome:

1. When you talk to any gora always prompt and ask them "by the way what do you think of my apperance and attire ? from which country or race do you think I belong to ???

The rest is your own homework-- we're duty bound to do this living in the western hemisphere.

Like I said any other ideas ???

I think we as an individuals need to make professional folder containing information about our religion (brochure booklet) and attach one sikh documentary dvd. This package should be mailed to all politicians, media moguls, organizations and distribute it to our friends and neighbors.

Sorry, I don't know what to say - but when I saw Sikh Lobby yesterday - Most of British MPs looked very honest in agreeging to a respectable solution for this issue.

When I see Hindu's guys posting comments on NDTV/TimeofIndia/IBNLIVE, they are very insultive - I am surprised to see Americans/British/Europeans and even Italians understanding sensitivity of a human-being/religion/sect/culture and giving as much respect as they can but the country where Sikhism originated; the majority of that country is so insensitive towards beliefs/faith of any minorites and without even listening to what the other person is saying - insultive of the minority population of that country itself with comments such as "Sikhs must understand security is important, if we have to remove their turban for security of all passengers, we will remove it". It is a matter of serious concern that the people (Hindus) whose identitiy/culture and religion was saved by Sikhs - want to destroy the Sikh identity itself by writing rubbish comments - I won't say it is purely their fault - Now although the Indian Government called upon Italian Ambassador today, I have very less hopes of this matter being resolved through India - We are really sort of helpless now -

I honestly analyse it very differently - I personally (this is a very personal opinion) that India has no right of being a democratic institution - Democracies are meant for countries where majority of population is suited for respecting the faith/beliefs/human-rights of all; however this is not the same for India ... That's the reason it was GULAAM for more than 1000 years. The current democratic regime for the past 60 years approx. has been a complete failure - and now it is the time for KHALSE to RULE.

S1NGH - I like ur style --- wouldn't it be great to just hit every capital of every country with that..

Impact will be great but it requires 100% dedication from few of us to start such project. I have a friend who made documentary on Sikhs and i am sure that he will allow us to use limited royalty free copies. We have a great writer "Sanmukh Kaur" on this forum and she can write stunning material on basics of sikhi and rest of us (20k+ members) can donate at least 50 cent for bulk print the booklet package and send shipment to dedicated forum members around the globe and then distribution part starts; sending it to school teachers, professors, law makers, lawyers, doctors, religious institutions and neigbors. Everything is possible but it requires group effort. It is not time for us to rely on others.

Khalistan is the only solution to our problems if we can feed a billion people in India ,we can hold the World economy to ransom if we have any issues we will cut off all export ties with nations which oppress us

where do get these great ideas from. In one thread you said we should (sorry in punjab / khalistan), have hoodies for different areas such as ludhina division etc. I cannae be borthered to post the links but you did. Like the worlds going to be held to ransom for kanak or chornah. Come its hardly gas / oil as the uk / usa and other wanna be world police would have stepped in the 80's.

d