Explain This Picture.

A few years ago a christian indian made a film about 1984 (cant remember the name) involving a young sikh mother and her child. As they escaped the pogroms they found sanctuary in a church. The point of the film is that all those who search for safety under christ get it as the sikh mother ends up converting. Funny thing is that christians in india get it in the neck as much as everyone else. As for jesus, well he couldnt even kick the romans out of his homeland no matter how hard he tried. The coward legged it east after his resurrection trying to find the 'lost tribes of the jews' who had supposedly set up empires in the east (they hadnt). After all that christism went off at a tangent and we still have to deal with it today.

To me it suggests that there is this larger than life (read dominating) entity called Christianity and if you look at the Indians, both the child and mum are carrying a bowl (and possibly the father), this suggests they seek sustenance from the looming Christian figure.

Then we have the graves in the corner which I think signifies that once you get into their thing they will own you, even in death.

Plus the Indians are under a tree which suggests nature, or a more natural state of being, whilst the Christian is beneath a big crucifix that he wants to dominate with.

Sorry but I'm not very good with this arty-farty lark.

So much nonsense posted here I don't even know where to begin. If you your going to pick apart random pictures on the internet,may I suggest you find a better use of your time? Slander does not bring you closer to God.

As to the picture:

I think they have graves to symbolize their death to the flesh(common theme in christianity), the saintly figure appears to be a missionary, and the bowls to me signify that they are coming to him for sustenance(spiritual).. meaning gods teaching to humanity(christ). The raised cross is significant of authority, and the rosary around the neck indicates saintliness. I think its an old school religious propoganda.. not unlike that found in stained glass windows in old churches. It is meant to communicate the religion to the illiterate masses.