Explain This Picture.

It looks like a Hindu family coming into the fold of Christianity. Has the boy got a begging bowl?

At the same time it looks like the Jesus like figure is going to beat them over the head with a cross?

I can't workout what it's trying to represent. Maybe you could get one of the modern art 'types' to comment on it.

Maybe you could get one of the modern art 'types' to comment on it.

Unless the supposed holy figure in the picture is lying in an unmade, soiled bed, I don't think modern art can help in this instance. :)

The picture is probably from one of those missionary leaflets handed out to poor Indian villagers to bring them into Christianity. Note how the figure holding the cross seems to have those almond-like eyes - very similar to those Hindu paintings we've all seen which feature Shiva, Krishna, etc. To any prospective convertees(?) this would suggest that the person with the cross is also divine, and can be trusted.

The picture seems to be suggesting that every wish is answered (the holding of the begging bowls in-front of the holy man) if people flock under the protection of the holy cross.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vahegur Ji Ki Fateh

Is this homework. I am sorry if I seem to be rude.

My opponion is that this is a picture of jesus and he blessing his people. From the picture i can see that the family is holding something probably a empty cup. by this i see that Jesus is giving his blessings to the poor hence forth conveying the message that in Christaianity you should give to the poor no matter if they are from the same religon. Also we can see Jesus holding the Cross which symbolises(something) hope that was some help

If i have said anything wrong i am sorry and to cause no harm for anyone in this forum which is sensitive of the way i explained it. and i am deeply sorry if you get offended by what i said.

(pul chuk maaf)

also you can see that there is a corss far way this could convey that something has happend which is bad and they are seeking protection.

If its anything to do with history well this sourve tell us that "...." and "..." and use your knowledge to back up your answer.

I hope that was some help

Is this homework. I am sorry if I seem to be rude.

My opponion is that this is a picture of jesus and he blessing his people. From the picture i can see that the family is holding something probably a empty cup. by this i see that Jesus is giving his blessings to the poor hence forth conveying the message that in Christaianity you should give to the poor no matter if they are from the same religon. Also we can see Jesus holding the Cross which symbolises(something) hope that was some help

If i have said anything wrong i am sorry and to cause no harm for anyone in this forum which is sensitive of the way i explained it. and i am deeply sorry if you get offended by what i said.

(pul chuk maaf)

Interesting analysis, but I don't think Jesus found any spiritual significance for the cross when he went helping people.

The real Jesus is something most people now wouldn't believe. He was a very humble and honest saintly person who traveled quite a bit. He even went to the Himalayans and stayed with Monks for quite some time...

Okay instead of going off on a tangent, another analsysis:

An indian christian missionary saying:

"If you convert to Christianity you can easily get a visa to go to America"