Pathetic Youth Attendance During The Sikh Lobby Of The Uk Parliament

Aman0001

Another thing the quality group have and want the quantity group to have is the complete faith in Maharaj. When others play games and try to beat Sikhs with politics then its not time to pick up the dirty politics that is being used against you, but to keep your complete faith in Maharaj and keep doing things according to Gurmat to move the Panth forward. It's when you lose heart in Maharaj that the whole Panth fails. Maharaj always gives a way in Gurmat for the Panth to win. Look at the surrey Gurdwara in BC that was run by tyrants. The Sikhs were out numbered, but they did not move away from Gurmat one inch. They kept there complete faith in Maharaj and now these Sikhs are running the Gurdwara to better the community. Maharaj is always listening to our Ardas, we just have to show him that we will not move away from Gurmat to move the Panth forward.

Maybe somebody should start a topic for any event, like lobbying parliament!

If we do it well in advance we can get each other to encourage all the Sikhs we know to attend the event. We can then report back as to what sort of feed back we got. For example, we could report back on:-

• I spoke to a 250 of my 'Panthic Passionate' Sikh friends who always talk about 84 and says their heart hurts when the see beadbi taking place
  • We could give the number of Sikhs we actually asked. eg I asked 250 if they would attend, I asked by Txt, phone, email, Gurdware announcements and face to face
  • We could then give the number of Sikhs who said they would attend, eg of the 250 I asked, 7 said they would attend, 30 said maybe
  • We could then give the number of Sikhs that actully attended, eg of the 250 I asked, 2 Sikhs attended

We can then ALL shout, 'KHALISTAN ZINDABAAD!!!'

No, seriously, if we post the event earlier enough, and keep each other posted, and ask the Sikh media to keep doing promos/previews etc, then we will start to get numbers. We as individuals can make a difference!!! We just have to ask the Singhs and Kaurs, Are you going to attend? I am. Come on.. Yes or No?

Dal Singh is right!!! It's a numbers game for politics!!!

I feel embarrassed after what Aman0001 has reported, I should have been there!!!

Good on you, Aman0001 !!!!!!

Yes. The next time we want a large youth turnout for a demonstration its normally a very good idea to organise the demonstration on one of the most important weeks of the year for the student youth. Lets remember our usual golden rules :

1) Even though the students will be free and available in just a weeks time for the Easter break lets not wait that week. Lets schedule it for today.

2) Even though the youths are free and available on a weekend lets schedule it for s weekday.

3) When picking a week to have the demonstration lets pick the week where its vital for the students to be in class because its the week they'll be given their revision topic lists for the upcoming exams.

Stick to these golden rules and you can't go wrong. Oh sorry....did i say you can't go wrong ? What I meant was you WILL go wrong.

Yes. The next time we want a large youth turnout for a demonstration its normally a very good idea to organise the demonstration on one of the most important weeks of the year for the student youth. Lets remember our usual golden rules :

1) Even though the students will be free and available in just a weeks time for the Easter break lets not wait that week. Lets schedule it for today.

2) Even though the youths are free and available on a weekend lets schedule it for s weekday.

3) When picking a week to have the demonstration lets pick the week where its vital for the students to be in class because its the week they'll be given their revision topic lists for the upcoming exams.

Stick to these golden rules and you can't go wrong. Oh sorry....did i say you can't go wrong ? What I meant was you WILL go wrong.

Fair Comment Singh! As well as numbers, timing is everything too!!

May be before an event or lobby is organised, the organisers could get suggestion dates from the youth on this Forum/Site!

We need planning and cohesion!

I know you're having a moan, but it's obvious that you want to be there, but you do need to making a living too, do you kirt!! Fair Play young Singh!!

I can't see a good reason to exclude even the not so religious people from Sikh backgrounds to these things (and I'm not saying druggie, alcoholics or anything like that before anyone jumps in with that one!).

If anything, it would strengthen the notion that the lobbyists reflect a wide representative proportion of Panjabi Sikh society as well as bolster numbers?