Hazour Sahib Marayada

The tradition of performing aarti besides ardas on the riverbanks after the first pitcher is drawn is a mesmerising experience. Being a separate committee, the maryada of Takht Hazur Sahib is quite different from that of Akal Takht and the SGPC.

What is meant by the bolded words?

What is meant by the bolded words?

With the spread of faith over vast geographical area , local traditions get mixed with the basic religious acts , hence daily routine of Takhat Sri Patna Sahib,Takhat Sri HAzoor sahib are different from the gurdwaras in and around Punjab .( in South you can find semi brahminical Worship of Jesus & Mother Mary in some of the Catholic Churches , in kerala ,karnataka & Goa there is found even Caste based hierarchy in Christians of various sects), Without giving justifications to any thing What I suggest is to be tolerent to the point of view which does not match with ours,)

Only influence of local traditions and lack of communications when these Seats of Devotions were found (300- 350 yrs ago) is the cause of difference .I do not find any devotee any way less devoted than Singhs of Punjab . Of course Many , including myself do not find any justification in anty sewadar choosing celibacy( Brahmcharya ) as in Gurbani this has not been accepted as a virtue to be glorified ) , but that is their and local sangat choice we neither appriciate nor demean the practices which are at variance from those prevalent in other takhats, but at every available occasion do explain our point of view to the sangat

I feel the hidden question of the singh (only Five) putting question mark to the routine od Hazoor sahib is answered

thanks , bhul chuk maaf , Gur Fateh

Why have people on here come so rigid. Someone ask's a question and they are accused of having a hidden agenda. I'm asking someone to explain how/why/ to who the practice of aarti is done on the riverbanks.

Jaswinder Singh, you have not answered my question. Without asking, no one will learn about Marayadas. So be patient and if I have some ill intentions then they surely will show in my post.

all this makes new generation confused and go away!!!!

who is right?

Not to be confused , as said in my previous post, over the time some local traditions get mingled with the

basic routines of the particular faith, we may accept it or not , but that remains a proven fact

I have seen in many south indian catholic , syrian catholic churches , hindu style arti of Jesus & Mary

in tribal areas Christian preachers very often mix tribal worships into church routine for gaining acceptability

among tribal people.

Same way dakhni Singh remained isolated from Punjab Singhs till the time trains were common mode of transport

That reflects in the ardas at Hazoor Sahin Where they pray for Darshan of Punjab & Delhi Gurdwaras in same way

as we pray for Darshan of Gurdwaras of Pakistan . So it is only difference in point of view , nor the spirrit, which is the same

I understand about influence creeping in but in the case of the christians this was due to the concerted effort by the christians to convert south indians, this was done in a devious way mingling aspects of hindu and christian culture so as to totally confuse the locals. Much the same way the christains hijacked the pagan festival at christmas.The Sikhi maryadha is different to this.

It is a firmly held belief that Guru Gobind Singh Ji in person comes to Hazoor Sahib everymorning, which is the reason only the Jathedar is allowed to do certain things during the early morning as touched upon in the original post. Now, if Guru Ji is present there on a daily basis then how can any outside influence creep into the maryadha?

Remember Bhai Gurdas Ji who served the early Gurus with total devotion and his vaars are called the "key" to understanding Guru Granth Sahib Ji never married and was celibate all his life, Guru Ji never asked him to change from this. So yes grist - jeevan is given great value in sikhi but celibacy is not outlawed. Guru Gobind Singh Ji is pavitar pavitar pavitar hence such strict regime in the maryadha at Hazoor Sahib Ji.