Which Religion Is Right? How Do We Know?

Guest Japjeev

Guest penguin

So you will base your faith on proof of the divine? A sign, a miracle, a trick of some sort? Then you have no faith as you rely on the intangible becoming tangible in order to believe .

If it were that easy to experience God, then the whole world would be believers. I'm not criticising you as the questions you have posed in this thread are the symptoms of a curious mind. There is nothing wrong with curiosity and a desire to understand.

But the only way to obtain answers to these mysteries is to undertake the journey towards Him. Then, if He decides to bless you with a dream or a vision, it will be His choice. But then will you dismiss that dream or vision as hallucinatory because you aren't "awake"? Some might say what we're experiencing now is the illusion, the dream, the hallucination. What will happen then?

Sometimes we need to release our grip on our egos, and just let things happen.

Great post, trusting intuition is key

I hope I am not having a go at any faith but lets face it if there was already a true path on this earth then there was no need for Guru Nanak Dev ji to come tos show us the way.

" Mitti dhund jag channana hoa, Satguru Nanak pargatia"

There was a definate need for Guru Ji to come and dispel the darkness of ignorance and show us the way of Naam simran.

The shabad has always been with us, from the very start, which is the reason why such mahapurkhs like Bhagat Kabir Ji were able to connect with Akaal Purkh, but each time some one came to show the way they each lost the way. Some did not have the whole message. Jesus, as great a soul he was did not give his sevaks Naam because he did not have it himeself. Which is the reason so many christians feel something missing. They go to church and listen to sermons but they feel a need to do simran but do not know how as they do not know about it, many fortunate ones head towards the east not really knowing what they are looking for where they obtain mantras, only the fortunate get the true nector of Naam as propogated by Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

How do you know jesus did not have naam? We should not assume things. There are brahmgyanis in India who hold tight to naam or make their followers repeat thousands of paaths before their followers are deemed worthy and naam is given before only a few observers or in isolation.

Naam is the most precious gift a human can recieve, brahmgyanis over the world know the most powerful mantra of god. Many recive naam and fall of the bhagti path becuase they can't give up maya.

How do you know jesus did not have naam? We should not assume things. There are brahmgyanis in India who hold tight to naam or make their followers repeat thousands of paaths before their followers are deemed worthy and naam is given before only a few observers or in isolation.

Naam is the most precious gift a human can recieve, brahmgyanis over the world know the most powerful mantra of god. Many recive naam and fall of the bhagti path becuase they can't give up maya.

Did Jesus give naam to his followers ?..................... no

Is there the concept of Naam in Christianity?.............. no

Do Christians jap naam on a regular basis ?................ no

Do they have any paath/compositions that are japped?....... no

Their granth is translated, it has many versions. They compose their own hymns, even school children compose hymns. There is no paath that they do regularly, there is no mantar that they recite regularly there is no concept of reciting naam. If Jesus had naam then he would have gifted it to his followers but he did not, there is no tradition of giving naam in isolation to observers.

I suppose the closest they get to paath is reciting the Lords prayer, but again that is a translation. The best most christians do is say - God bless my mum, God bless my dad and God bless my pet cat, before the go to bed again I wouldn't call that naam simran would you ?

A small question I have (to take proceedings off-tangent for a minute or two) regarding the current Easter "celebrations":

Would Jesus be classified as a 'shaheed' (NOT for us to worship before anyone jumps in) because he was crucified? Or don't we count his shaheedi because he rose from the dead a few days later?

That is an interesting question Kaljugi, I never thought of Jesus as a shaheed. I suppose if your think about it then it could be called a shaheedi.

The reason I asked is because when we (as Sikhs) commemorate our shaheeds - especially during the month of December - it's such a serious and sombre occasion. But the western world remembers Jesus' shaheedi with eggs and chocolate. :biggrin2:

Did Jesus give naam to his followers ?..................... no

Is there the concept of Naam in Christianity?.............. no

Do Christians jap naam on a regular basis ?................ no

Do they have any paath/compositions that are japped?....... no

Their granth is translated, it has many versions. They compose their own hymns, even school children compose hymns. There is no paath that they do regularly, there is no mantar that they recite regularly there is no concept of reciting naam. If Jesus had naam then he would have gifted it to his followers but he did not, there is no tradition of giving naam in isolation to observers.

I suppose the closest they get to paath is reciting the Lords prayer, but again that is a translation. The best most christians do is say - God bless my mum, God bless my dad and God bless my pet cat, before the go to bed again I wouldn't call that naam simran would you ?

I know a christian who speaks to god aon a regular basis and hears god speak back to her as clear as day, I also know chrsitians who are blessed by the shaheed Jesus Christ.

The slanderer of the saint is punished in His court. Lets not make assumptions, we will probably never know if jesus gave naam to his worthy followers, only a brahmgyani or bhagat would be able to find out for sure.

Many sikhs say the wrong naam anyway, we are told in mool mantar the name of god, his name is TRUTH i.e SAT or Satnaam.

This is the naam most brahmgyanis will give. It is the Truth mantra, and is mentioned many times in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and in the other Granths but people seem to miss it.

We live in near to total illusion- hence we are in Kalyug- the age of darkness- this darkness comes from living in illusion.

As the illusion/Satan is wiped away bit by bit with TRUTH- HIM(The opposite to LIE/ILLUSION-SATAN) we will get back into SATYUG- i.e HIS(TRUTH/SAT)YUG/AGE.

The key to getting back to Satyug is for the majority of the population to self realise enough for enough of the light of truth to shine the kal out.

The KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is none other than SACHKANDH. The HOLY SPIRIT is none other than THE TRUTH NAAM/AMRIT/SATNAM.

The father, the son and the holy spirit, prob even shows the sikh saying, of the guru chela chela guru relationship- GURU, CHELA GOD, or the sameness of god, man and amrit.

Whoever on here said religions are all corrupted is right, the sants preach truth and the disciples <edited> up the principles becuase they cannot understand the gyan or wish to twist it to their own meanings.

Now if jesus was telling us about holy spirit, ie. naam and sachkandh, why do people diss him, look up jesus quotes, the same principles our gurus preach ie. love thy neighbour, seva etc have been preached by sants throughout time, but we thickos refuse to listen. The Truth is so simple, so easy and is so natural but we resist adn fight it and make things millions of times more complicated, we slander, we are greedy and lazy, jealous, envious, full of ego, attachment and pride. We have people who are satanists and try to corrupt the concepts, people who also change it to control people, the religions are manmade, the Truth principles are god made and last forever no matter how much people wish to make them into relgions. God cannot be confined to a religion as he is omnipresent, the principles are there so people should put them into practice intuitively instead of arguing over rubbish.

The slanderer of the saint is punished in His court. Lets not make assumptions, we will probably never know if jesus gave naam to his worthy followers, only a brahmgyani or bhagat would be able to find out for sure.

My intention was not to slander, just debating, and if I have then I surely will be punished in His court. But I think you seem to be missing the point, if Jesus had given his followers Naam then that concept would be prevalent to this day, his followers would be japping naam but I do not see this around me, all I see are people who are so full of them selves that they believe that they are the only ones who are going to be saved and the rest are damned to hell.

Many sikhs say the wrong naam anyway, we are told in mool mantar the name of god, his name is TRUTH i.e SAT or Satnaam.

This is the naam most brahmgyanis will give. It is the Truth mantra, and is mentioned many times in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and in the other Granths but people seem to miss it.

Yet Guru Nanak Dev Jis favourite naam for God was Satkartar and Guru Gobind Singh Ji addressed God as Akaal Purkh.

The KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is none other than SACHKANDH. The HOLY SPIRIT is none other than THE TRUTH NAAM/AMRIT/SATNAM.

There are different levels to the abode of God. Heaven is what we call swarag this is where Jesus is and if his followers follow him properly then this is where they will end up, but this is only temporary. Satchkhand is where AkaapPurkh resides - Satch khand vasay Nirankar - He is infinate yet He is One, He resides in Satchkhand yet He resides in the hearts of every living thing.

No, the holy spirit is not Naam, there is no concept of Naam in Christianity. they do not meditate on Naam they only see the holy spirit working around them.

The message of Jesus was good, he even believed in reincarnation and that the soul ultimately merges into God but his followers corrupted his message for their own political ends.

The reason I asked is because when we (as Sikhs) commemorate our shaheeds - especially during the month of December - it's such a serious and sombre occasion. But the western world remembers Jesus' shaheedi with eggs and chocolate.

Yet there is very little spirituality in the west, they celebrate with eggs and chocolate but that is as far as they go, they just eat the eggs and chocs.

Yet there is very little spirituality in the west, they celebrate with eggs and chocolate but that is as far as they go, they just eat the eggs and chocs.

Actually they go to Church and tell their followers that they can only get into heaven if they believe only in Jesus Christ. They scare the followers with the talk about death without believing in Jesus Christ, but then sugar everything up for those that believe in Jesus Christ. The believer will get a perfect new body in heaven, they will not have to deal with all the suffering and pain that they might have seen or felt in this world. Heaven is going to be a home for the believers and everything will be there for them. They celebrate with eggs and chocolate because now they have this fantasy world drawn up in their minds. They surely are dreamers, thats forsure.

There focus is not on naam because the Bible fails to teach about Naam(Satguru clears this up in Sri Chaupai Sahib da paat and in his 52 Hukams;Hukam 31). There focus is on rewards of tangible things that can be attained here on earth.