Which Religion Is Right? How Do We Know?

Guest Japjeev

There is too much of this wishy washy ways in the youth now. They have gone completely unrealistic and stepped into some fantasy world where nothing is wrong and everything is right. If someone wants to speak ill of Gurmat then they should try to do it with merit. When other religious scriptures tell you that some prophet is here to turn everyone into a religion, either by book or hook, then there is merit to say don't follow that religious scripture.

How many can say and give their head for another religious scripture, to say it is the path to Sri Waheguru ji. If you can't say that, then don't expect others to accept your wishy washy jargon.

Sikhs are ready to say to anothers give your head for Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Why not for other religous scriptures? The wishy washy should be confident in these religious scriptures, after all your saying its a path to God.

Guest japjeev

Now you say that sikhi is the way to go, other religions can say a lot of stuff about sikhi too. If god exists within every religion then why do you say Christianity's imperfect? Sorry guys this isnt making sense to me? I am just a teenager with some curiositys

Now you say that sikhi is the way to go, other religions can say a lot of stuff about sikhi too. If god exists within every religion then why do you say Christianity's imperfect? Sorry guys this isnt making sense to me? I am just a teenager with some curiositys

I can't comment on other religions. However, if you read the history of your Ten Gurus you will find perfect truth within their lives. But, you have to read the history to realise.

Once you see the perfection you will know Sikhi is a religion that can take you to God. If it's perfect, that means it can't be improved, so why go anywhere else (although it's up to you!!)

I'm not saying that I have read all of Sikh history, one lifetime is not enough to read one Gurus History, let alone Ten Gurus. However, I have only found perfection in the history I have read so far about my Gurus, the highest most Truthful life you can imagine is what the 10 Gurus lived.

Read your history and the Shabads the Gurus left - all will become clear!!!!

Guest Japjeev

Well if there is anyway i can learn guru's teaching in a way which i will be understand, i will be more then happy to read it. As for guru's coming to teach us their teaching well sikhi isn't the newest religion anymore they're have been more religions made after sikhi too.

Guest Japjeev

if i can find a place where i can learn guru's teaching in a full comprehension, I would be more then happy to. As for guru's coming here to teach us their teaching there not the only one and sikhi isn't the latest religion anymore and there have been many religions before claiming their perfect. So how do we sikhi is the way to go?

Sorry am i misunderstanding something here?

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh :waheguru:

The very word "Religion" itself when broken down simply means to "realise origin".

Since the beginning of mankind who looked up at the heavens and the world around them in awe at its grandeur,

homosapiens have tried to explain how everything within the universe came into existence.

As a product of this, thousands upon thousands of religions and philosophies have been formed over millenia to try and provide an explanation. Whether it is a tiny faith specific to a community in the most remote places of the world who believe in ancestral worship, Gods of the Sea and Fertility to the more established mainstream faiths of Hinduism, Paganism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Sikhi. No matter what you call God, whether you refer to him as Zeus, Thor, Raam, Allah, Yahweh or Vaaheguroo, or whether you pray five times a day, just once, whether you read the Bible, the Torah or the Vedas, whether you visit the church or the temple, as long as your soul has that love for Vaaheguroo, that is key!

As my brothers and sisters have previously posted, Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Jee came to this earth to put right what those previously had done wrong. He alcame to rid the world of meaningless ritus that are central to other faiths, such as fasting, circumcision along with visiting sacred shrines that hinder; more than aid spirituality. He removed the horrid caste system and the need for mere labels.

"Let mercy be your mosque, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your

Koran. Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this

way, you shall be a true Muslim. Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your

spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant. Let your

rosary be that which is pleasing to His Will. O Nanak, God shall preserve

your honor."-Ang 141

"There are five prayers and five times of day for prayer; the five have five

names. Let the first be truthfulness, the second honest living, and the

third charity in the Name of God. Let the fourth be good will to all, and

the fifth the praise of the Lord. Repeat the prayer of good deeds, and then,

you may call yourself a Muslim."-Ang 141

"It is difficult to be called a Muslim; if one is truly a Muslim, then he

may be called one. First, let him savor the religion of the Prophet as

sweet; then, let his pride of his possessions be scraped away. Becoming a

true Muslim, a disciple of the faith of Mohammed, let him put aside the

delusion of death and life. As he submits to God's Will, and surrenders to

the Creator, he is rid of selfishness and conceit. And when, O Nanak, he is

merciful to all beings, only then shall he be called a Muslim"-Ang 141

"The Hindu worships at the temple, the Muslim at the mosque. Naam Dayv

serves that Lord, who is not limited to either the temple or the mosque."-Ang

"Says Nanak, the Guru has rid me of doubt. The Muslim God Allah and the

Hindu God Paarbrahm are one and the same."-Ang 897

"The God of the Hindus lives in the southern lands, and the God of the

Muslims lives in the west. So search in your heart - look deep into your

heart of hearts; this is the home and the place where God lives. The

Brahmins observe twenty-four fasts during the year, and the Muslims fast

during the month of Ramadaan. The Muslims set aside eleven months, and claim

that the treasure is only in the one month. What is the use of bathing at

Orissa? Why do the Muslims bow their heads in the mosque? If someone has

deception in his heart, what good is it for him to utter prayers? And what

good is it for him to go on pilgrimage to Mecca?"-Ang 1349

You see, there is no right or wrong religion, or one true faith. Just as Vaaheguroos creation is so diverse, so are the ways in which to love him. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee along with the other Gurus provided us with a beautiful understanding and a "technology" that allows us to strip away all the extra jargon, soleley allowing us to love and serve Vaaheguroo and his entire creation.

I hope my points make sense Saadh Sangat Jee. Sorry if I have offended anyone or have said something incorrect - this was my intention. I am a manmukh who is still taking my first steps on this beautiful path.

Take Care, God Bless.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Khalsa Ji,

That is a very goo question! A question like this requires logical thinking!

Before address your question to which religion is write I would like to ask a question to all!

Q. IS The LORD WAHEGURU STUPID?

A. NO he is not.

Therefore if he wanted you to be a musilim then you would have been born in a muslim family and been brought up in that faith, if hindu then so you get the picture, Waheguru ji know where he is sending you it for you who need to recognise yourself, no religion is wrong only the propergators who make there own versions, stay true to yourselfs.

Now already some will say what about the Gora sikh's, and I will say what about them they are better than us they have rehat maryada and they are 3 generation sikhs, plus thatnks to a great personality like Yogi ji, people who didn't have any faith but had compasion in there hearts saw the logical path of sikhi.

we don't convert people into sikhi like other religions, but people who have no marag (path) then we embrace them in sikhi.

I know many great sant maharpursh that have had so many people who are non sikh's come to them and they have been so admired they said to them please make us sikh, this one muslim peer came one I was there and he asked Baba ji a question frm the Quran and Baba ji answered him in such a great way he fell at the charan and said please make me your mareed.

Baba ji said become the mareed of Allah who you pray to, your not born in a sikh family, you was born in a muslim family don't dishouner your elders by converting you can attain whatever you want in the path that is given to you by Waheguru.

We need to open our eyes and realise that Guru Sahib is always with us in every circumstance.

Here is a question, what is the 24 pauri of Sri Anand Sahib ji refering to? What is the false Bani? The 23rd pauri is also here, so the 24th pauri is kept in context. Once your read these pauris, then also answer: What does it mean to be with the True Guru? and then are the other religious scriptures of other religions with or without the True Guru in sargun form?

Awvhu isK siqgurU ky ipAwirho gwvhu scI bwxI ]

aavahu sikh sathiguroo kae piaariho gaavahu sachee baanee ||

Come, O beloved Sikhs of the True Guru, and sing the True Word of His Bani.

bwxI q gwvhu gurU kyrI bwxIAw isir bwxI ]

baanee th gaavahu guroo kaeree baaneeaa sir baanee ||

Sing the Guru's Bani, the supreme Word of Words.

ijn kau ndir krmu hovY ihrdY iqnw smwxI ]

jin ko nadhar karam hovai hiradhai thinaa samaanee ||

Those who are blessed by the Lord's Glance of Grace - their hearts are imbued with this Bani.

pIvhu AMimRqu sdw rhhu hir rMig jiphu swirgpwxI ]

peevahu a(n)mrith sadhaa rehahu har ra(n)g japihu saarigapaanee ||

Drink in this Ambrosial Nectar, and remain in the Lord's Love forever; meditate on the Lord, the Sustainer of the world.

khY nwnku sdw gwvhu eyh scI bwxI ]23]

kehai naanak sadhaa gaavahu eaeh sachee baanee ||23||

Says Nanak, sing this True Bani forever. ||23||

siqgurU ibnw hor kcI hY bwxI ]

sathiguroo binaa hor kachee hai baanee ||

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

bwxI q kcI siqgurU bwJhu hor kcI bwxI ]

baanee th kachee sathiguroo baajhahu hor kachee baanee ||

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

khdy kcy suxdy kcy kcNØI AwiK vKwxI ]

kehadhae kachae sunadhae kachae kacha(n)aee aakh vakhaanee ||

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

hir hir inq krih rsnw kihAw kCU n jwxI ]

har har nith karehi rasanaa kehiaa kashhoo n jaanee ||

They may continually chant, 'Har, Har' with their tongues, but they do not know what they are saying.

icqu ijn kw ihir lieAw mwieAw bolin pey rvwxI ]

chith jin kaa hir laeiaa maaeiaa bolan peae ravaanee ||

Their consciousness is lured by Maya; they are just reciting mechanically.

khY nwnku siqgurU bwJhu hor kcI bwxI ]24]

kehai naanak sathiguroo baajhahu hor kachee baanee ||24||

Says Nanak, without the True Guru, other songs are false. ||24||

Gurmat is the only path. Since you have been exposed to Sikhi, then practice Sikhi and the answer will come to you.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਹਤ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਪੰਥ ਇਹੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਇ ਤੁਮ ਪਾਵਉ ॥੨॥੫॥

Naanak Kehath Mukath Panthh Eihu Guramukh Hoe Thum Paavo ||2||5||

Says Nanak, this is the path to liberation. Become Gurmukh, and attain it. ||2||5||