Which Religion Is Right? How Do We Know?

Guest Japjeev

Guest Japjeev

So i dont get it why are there so many religions if there is supposed to one god?

Every religion has so many different beliefs, you cant tell which one is right

Now i believe in god but that questions holds me back

In Bachittar Natak bani it is said that Akaal Purkh sent so many down to this earth to propogate His dharam but each one changed the message and made themselves the centre of the faith. Some started to ask their followers to wear wooden earrings, some started to smear ash on their bodies, some started sunnat, some started shaving their heads, none propogated Akaal Purkhs true faith. Over the years different religions get hijacked by people and the course is changed. Did Akaap Purkh want his followers to follow a rigid caste system ? Did Akaal Purkh want his followers to wage war on non-believers? Did Akaal Purkh want his followers to mutilate themselves with circumcision? Did Akaal want his followers to just say a quick prayer in the morning and then basically do want you want eat, drink and be merry? No, the message has got lost along the way. There is only one path and that is of Naam Simran.

It's slightly harsh to disregard all other religions and say that Sikhi is the only right one. By doing this you are doing exactly what all of the extremist muslims are doing, except obviously they think Islam is the only way to salvation. Instead I think we should try to see God in all...

Guru Nanak himself said if you want to be a Muslim, be a good Muslim abd if you want to be a Hindu, be a good Hindu. He didn't dismiss them as being false. Religion is a way of life. If you do it properly you walk similar paths. You don't have to be in a religion to walk a path to God but it's supposed to be easier if you have someone to guide you.

Guest Japjeev

Ok but guys some religions have so much different beliefs some are opposite such as in islam you have to eat halal meat and in sikhi they strictly forbid halal. So many other religions say only their religion is the way to truth ex: Christianity. How do we know which is right? if every religion says we are the best way to go

Guest guest5

It's slightly harsh to disregard all other religions and say that Sikhi is the only right one. By doing this you are doing exactly what all of the extremist muslims are doing, except obviously they think Islam is the only way to salvation. Instead I think we should try to see God in all...

That was from Dasam Granth. If you still believe this, then you're calling Guru Gobind Singh Ji an extremist.

Khalsa Ji

The best religion of all , according to SriGururGranth Sahib , is where:

ਸਰਬ

Sarab ḏẖaram mėh saresat ḏẖaram.

Of all religions, the best religion

<A class=dict onmouseover="ddrivetip('iHar /i Diamond', 250)" onmouseout=hideddrivetip() href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਰਿ" ;>ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਮੁ

Har ko nām jap nirmal karam.

is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

Khalsa Ji

The best religion of all , according to SriGururGranth Sahib , is where:

ਸਰਬ

Sarab ḏẖaram mėh saresat ḏẖaram.

Of all religions, the best religion

<A class=dict onmouseover="ddrivetip('iHar /i Diamond', 250)" onmouseout=hideddrivetip() href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਰਿ" ;>ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਮੁ

Har ko nām jap nirmal karam.

is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

I hope I am not having a go at any faith but lets face it if there was already a true path on this earth then there was no need for Guru Nanak Dev ji to come tos show us the way.

" Mitti dhund jag channana hoa, Satguru Nanak pargatia"

There was a definate need for Guru Ji to come and dispel the darkness of ignorance and show us the way of Naam simran.

The shabad has always been with us, from the very start, which is the reason why such mahapurkhs like Bhagat Kabir Ji were able to connect with Akaal Purkh, but each time some one came to show the way they each lost the way. Some did not have the whole message. Jesus, as great a soul he was did not give his sevaks Naam because he did not have it himeself. Which is the reason so many christians feel something missing. They go to church and listen to sermons but they feel a need to do simran but do not know how as they do not know about it, many fortunate ones head towards the east not really knowing what they are looking for where they obtain mantras, only the fortunate get the true nector of Naam as propogated by Guru Nanak Dev Ji.