A Few Sikhs To Go To Akaal Takht To Get Gurmeet Singh Edl Thrown Out Tog The Sikhism.

BBC surveys. :wacko: BBC survey asking various communities a simple harmless question : "How proud are you of being English ? "

Never in my life would I have thought the question and survey was in fact a very clever idea put forward by Gaddafi and the north Korean leader Kim Ill Sung when they held an annual axis of evil conferance in Hitlers old war bunker. Had no idea about the true evil intention behind the question. Thanks for warning us about it Dal Singh.

Come on! Don't be such a drama queen. :sleep:

I find it difficult to accept that you are struggling to grasp the...err....radical notion <sarcasm alert> of state media being used by the.... err...wait for it....state itself to further its own goals/agenda! No need to bring Gaddafi, Sung, Mussolini, Stalin (or anyone else for that matter) into the picture.

I mean seriously, it's not exactly complex rocket science now is it.

Anyway, let's bow out gracefully before this denigrates into a jaloos.

Be civil, dal singh.

I find it difficult to accept that you are struggling to grasp the...err....radical notion <sarcasm alert> of state media being used by the.... err...wait for it....state itself to further its own goals/agenda!

'State media' ? Are you comparing the BBC to soviet era Pravda ?

'further its own goals' ? :o Are you serious ?? If you are please explain what state 'goals' could be achieved by making up a survey in which Sikhs are listed as the most patriotic and Hindus come bottom of the survey as the least patriotic ?

Is it a state 'goal' that everyone starts hating and distrusting hindus ?

I think you should limit your conspiracy theories to your attendances at Star trek conventions Dal Singh. You'll find a more willing audience on a similar wavelength there. Here you're just coming across as a very strange person.

Turban campaign are an absolute joke they should be excommunicated themselves for trying to bring the British Sikh community into disrupt and maligning the turban's image using it for their propaganda purposes. Gurmeet doesn't represent the Sikhs and he is a big mouth <banned word filter activated>, but what these turban campaign lot are doing is far worse. I say we expose those behind turban campaign and have them put forward for excommunication if they want to go down this road. Sikhs should be staying neutral in this issue of Nationalist Racists /EDL Vs UAF / islamo-fascists. Back in the 80s the white nationalists were giving all immigrant communities including Sikhs are hard time. Then in the 90s the Islamo fascists started to give non-muslim communities across UK a hard time. So Sikhs should be careful, by being political and historically aware of who have and want to bring harm on our people.

Be civil, dal singh.

Will try. The same goes for you.

'State media' ? Are you comparing the BBC to soviet era Pravda ? 'further its own goals' ? :o Are you serious ??

First question: No. Second: I'm absolutely serious. The BBC has a long history of working to further what is described as 'the British way of life' and British interests. Where we differ is that I don't think British and Sikh interests always correspond.

If you are please explain what state 'goals' could be achieved by making up a survey in which Sikhs are listed as the most patriotic and Hindus come bottom of the survey as the least patriotic ?

Is it a state 'goal' that everyone starts hating and distrusting hindus ?

Well see it in a wider perspective. Brits aren't frightened of Hindus because they have long been emasculated plus there is a feeling that they are malleable in anycase. No Hindus have any great political agenda that threatens Brits. If anything Brits are planning for high dependence on the emerging Hindustani market for their own future economic strategy. So they could do the above and it would not have any effect on the long standing attitude Brits have towards Hindus as an effeminate 'non-martial' race.

I think you should limit your conspiracy theories to your attendances at Star trek conventions Dal Singh. You'll find a more willing audience on a similar wavelength there. Here you're just coming across as a very strange person.

You come across as a simple Simon yourself West London. Someone who takes the official line without engaging in any critical analysis or thinking outside the box. Seriously, I find you very strange myself, someone who has learned to write but not to utilise higher cognitive faculties. I don't say this to be insulting but in all seriousness. Your simplistic thinking and naivety is frequently jaw droppingly staggering.

Maybe we need to start a new thread lest we go even more off topic. Anyway, I'm surprised that you struggle to comprehend the point of view I'm presenting. It just involves more independent thought than yours.

So Sikhs should be careful, by being political and historically aware of who have and want to bring harm on our people.

Very true. But I'll tell you straight up. Most younger generation Sikhs have forgotten, or never experienced the kick offs with whites (older people are at least partially to blame because they never really dwell on these things with the youth). Whilst some of the much older Sikhs experienced white racism, they missed out on the later conflicts with the emergent fascist Islamist types and don't perceive this situation clearly.

Throw into the equation the understandable human desire not to feel isolated, and wanting to feel part of wider society and voila, you have apnay latching their wagons to both sides of the fence in the current working class Brits against sullay thing.

All I ask for is for more independent thought from brothers/sisters. One that has our own interests at heart (for a change) and doesn't sink us into a political/cultural quagmire that is only going to drag us into the dirt in the long run.

Stay aloof from all this. We've fought other people's battles for too long. Behind all that is going on is a political game being played by people infinitely more devious and sly than straight forward apnay. Let's not get caught in the middle again for God's sake.

Dal Singh, you need to learn how to respect other peoples opinion. You need to learn how, if someone else has a diferent point of view to yourself, it doesn't mean that he got that view because he's been brainwashed by extremists. You simply need to learn how to respect the individuals right to consider which option best fits his or her own ideals. The differences in our opinions on this issue can be traced back to our own upbringings. We saw a similar difference in our interpretaion about the role of women in Sikhi on the other thread...with you articulating the totally un-sikh belief of a non-equal status of women. On this issue however......as you've demonstrated time and again with your blind hatred / bigotry of everything to do with the history of my own particular rural group of sikhs and especially our relationship with Britain. Your own history.....and your foundation here in this country...because it has absolutely no basis in service of the British armed forces is the reason you've articulated time and again here how you are a proud Indian. For many of us though.....the sole reason we are here is our forefathers dedication to the Union Jack (they fought for the union jack because apart from tha khanda they were loathe to fight for hindustan).

Inclusive of both my sets of grandparents (both sets of grandparents were stationed in Fiji and Malaya respectively in the British Army before they came to London in the late 1940's with offers of jobs in Wolf's rubber factory), every last one of my great uncles on both my mother's and father's side fought bravely in various parts of the world for the flag and country which I was priveledged enough to be born in : England. How very dare you suggest, simply because no such proud history exists in your own family, that we might only have English nationists tendancies simply because we are backward very thick pendus who are easily led. How very dare you suggest that only you and your point of view is the correct one and any other view is simply a result of a lack of intelligence. How very dare you :@

You, who time and again criticise the notion of a Sikh homeland and extole the virtues of your beloved India. You who talk about Sikh females as if they were animals that need taming despite what your Guru has taught you about our equal status. You who make us Sikhs look like complete and utter bufoons with your constant talk about "sikh girls marrying muslims and blacks".

You ask why i'm still on something called 'quality control' ? To tell you the truth i had no idea I was and what this mean't. I don't really care. I know I'm a phatte chakking baija baija kar'ring Sikh. I tell it like it is. The admins here tend to be afraid of people who tell it like it is. They want timid clones. But that ain't me son. That ain't me.

What the mods and everyone else here needs to do is look back at every single message you've ever made here. I've done so. 90% of everything you've ever written on here is motivated by your hatred and bigotry against all Sikhs that come from a rural Jatt background. The other 10% is where you ritualy abuse the intelligence of anyone that has a different opinion about something than yourself. That my friend is not the sign of an intelligent Sikh. That is the sign of a man that has no capability to reason. A man that has no capabability to understand that someone else may feel strongly about something without being kidnapped and given electric shock by a crack team of brain-washers.....is no man at all.

You applaud when ravidassias tear down our beloved nishan sahib. You applaud India and pour scorn on an independant Sikh kingdom. You applaud the service of your beloved India and yet pour scorn on those that served Britain at the expense of India. Frankly dal singh, you possess no good qualities at all. It would be easier and quicker if we listed your good points.

So.....couldn't care less if they keep me on 'quality control' for years. Means nothing to me. Question is.....Isn't it about time the admin here had a quiet word with you and gave you a warning or at least a lesson in how to respect the opinion of others without resorting to abuse ?

"sikh girls marrying muslims and blacks".

Can you provide some evidence that I have said the above please? Seeing as you've gone as far as to put it in quotation marks and attributed to me.

I got a better idea : Stop trying to imagine your'e an English grammar teacher....marking a paper with incorrect usage of quotation marks (btw...Dal singh....my first degree from a couple of years ago was in History. Its a mute point and is hardly relevant to this message forum but our usage of the English language today in England is very wrong compared with the original English used by people like Shakespeare which was transported across the Ocean to America and is still used by Americans today. Not just the words themselves but also the rules of grammar. From an entirely historical context then, proper English, without the relatively new French influence, dictates that the quotation mark is an extention of the inverted comma. As such....English, before the French, Norse and scots-Gaelic influence that sums up our rules of grammar in England today...dictates that the quotation mark does not have to refer to actual speech. In original english....and thus by default American English, which the whole world today accepts as the correct English, the quotation marks can be used within a sentence to highlight an important piece of text which is to be distinguished from the rest of the sentence)......stop trying to imagine you're an English teacher and actually refer back to that thread about 'gullible sikh girls being tricked' by muslims'. It makes quite interesting reading because even on that thread...when i pointed out how stupid us sikhs look when we (you) constantly state that sikh girls are easily tricked...you even took that as implying that we (sikhs) look stupid because the average rural sikh (jatt) is an uneducated pendu with low mental capability. No matter what the thread or subject....it doesn't take long before your prejudice rears it's ugly head.

I got a better idea : Stop trying to imagine your'e an English grammar teacher....marking a paper with incorrect usage of quotation marks

Okay, so you made that up.

I'm walking away now. You're going into a rant.

Okay, so you made that up.

I'm walking away now. You're going into a rant.

Everytime I take a break from the dissertaion I'm trying to complete and look up what people have written here , there's always one guarantee Dal Singh ; there's another idiotic message from yourself. You seem to possess an endless supply of them.

Rant ? :o Do you even know what the word 'rant' means ? I don't think you do mate. I wrote a couple of sentences about the proper use of quotation marks in traditional English grammar and you saw that as a rant :o Thats pretty scary fella. Even for your level of strangeness.

Okay, so you made that up

English, dal Singh.......Do you understand it ? I tried explaining to you in English....how the English language, and its rules, which have forever been going through a constant change, is now in the process of going full circle back to its original rules by virtue of the country that has stuck wholeheartedly with the true original English ; America. Those rules are the rules that the world now accepts as the correct rules. In those rules....the quotation mark does NOT have to reflect actually said or written words (the 19th century new British English rule). Instead, the quotation mark is seen as merely an extention of the single inverted comma, and used to highlight a piece of important text that needs assentuating compared to the rest of the sentence.

Not being funny Dal singh, but my daughter is 5. It takes her less time to comprehend than it does you. If it turns out, as I suspect, that you are under 5 than I sincerely apologise if I have been too harsh. Its not my usual habit to argue with small children but because you are often here in the middle of the night you did sometimes give the impression of being an adult.

Anyway...sleep tight....and after a good nights sleep it may be a good idea to look up the word 'rant' in the morning.