Damdami Taksal (Ajnala Jatha) Sorting Out Pakhandis

seriously singhs.. why do we need to put so much detail about these singhs, what they do, what they have done and their affiliations- broadcasting it to the world.. we have no concept of stealth...

Honestly its no secret who these Singhs are and the sewa they do. They are in and out of jail very frequently. The only shame is that a lot of people here are unaware and questioning the Singhs as to why they smacked these pakhandis around.

Quite simply the son, father and chelay were ripping of Sangat, charging 11,000 rupees per Akhand Paath (the norm is 2500 in Punjab) they held multiple Akhand Paaths simaltaneously to multiply their income, brought saroops of Guru Granth Sahib in suitcases and jeeps and trucks without respect. The rest of their history can be heard by the Singhs questioning.

anyone who is new to sikhi, or this kind of stuff, they would need some kind of re-assurance as to why this happened. Otherwise you know how quickly niindaks jump on the band wagon and say that these singhs are thugs etc.

the problem we have is that Aad Guru Ji is available to everyone, and in that the problem arises that when saroops are sold, no-one asks where is it going, how, or why? Basically this lies with the sgpc, as they should make it their responsibility to produce saroops and see that they go to places befitting them.

First of all, i don't know whole story behind this incident so i will not comment on it whether if its right or wrong. But one thing i do know it's highly foolish to put an youtube video of this kind without putting any description on it or put whole story behind this incident... seriously what the guys were thinking who put the video up? Obviously, they need to think outside the box. They need to see youtube video of this kind from foreigner/ non sikh eyes and all you see is - bunch violent group of singhs beating one person..cowardice..here i stated their view/thought...they have no problem rushing to that judgement because this what they see and there is nothing to read upon it to educate themselves and you cannot blame them for that perception. We live in a world were whole world is watching us because we are minority regardless whichever country you look at, and majority will try their best to control the minorities by twisting video such as this, this provides more than enough fuel they need to use it against us.

The motive behind the beatings I have no issue with. Although I would've preferred a sit-down and less public show of force, I guess there's only so much one can achieve through discourse. Sometimes the gloves have to come off if people aren't getting the message.

However, the way this situation was presented to the outside world does not show us (as Sikhs) in a favourable light. You expressed these sentiments well. Sadly our brothers back home are not aware of how their actions will be interpreted around the world. There is little appreciation of anything apart from their own small groups in which they reside or Panjabi society in general. An international outlook on the issues isn't even on the radar.

As for the wider issues of the cost of Akhand Paths and people not paying due deference to saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, anyone who wishes to hold an Akhand Path should do so by "borrowing" a saroop of SGGSJi which should be accompanied by a representative of SGPC whose role it is to ensure no beadbi takes place. Once the Akhand Path, bhog, etc., is complete, the saroop should be returned to "headquarters" (a Gurdwara obviously) where SGGSJi can rest until somebody else arrives to take the saroop for their own function. Nobody should be able to buy a saroop and just transport it around or keep it like a book of some sort. That's not on.

So the beats were for the disrespect of SGGS Ji, how they transported from location to location right.

It's not for the money they charged or was it? Why would the money they charge for an Akhan path sahib be an issue, if someone wants to pay then its upto them they are not forced to pay so much extra, are they? PLEASE don't take this the wrong way because Akhand path sahibs in UK vary from Gurdwara sahib to gurdwara sahib. Not sure exactly how much but someone in Gravesend told me for Akhand Path sahib or Anand Karaj in the new Gurdwara it costs a few thousand £. Whereas in smaller Gurughars it's lower. Also in the UK bigger prestigous Gurdwareh charge more for various services. There should be a fixed fee and obviously the langar expense should be seperate depending on the sangat.

Maybe Sri Akal Takhat Sahib needs to set fixed fees for various services / paths, adjusting for different countries so there can be no dispute.

can we stop all this side talk for just one second, and can somebody plz give full details as to what is going on in the video, obviously there is beadbi happening, and people are getting lathis on their backside. but if anybody could post the exact details of the video, and the full background of what happend, and how this resulted in the video being made, that would be highly appreciated. or if nobody wants to post it, can somebody atleast pm me plz.

can we stop all this side talk for just one second, and can somebody plz give full details as to what is going on in the video, obviously there is beadbi happening, and people are getting lathis on their backside. but if anybody could post the exact details of the video, and the full background of what happend, and how this resulted in the video being made, that would be highly appreciated. or if nobody wants to post it, can somebody atleast pm me plz.

They had Guru ji's saroops in the back of a pick up truck and they were charging 11,000 rs per Akhand Path service and made lakhs off it, they also seemed to be Karsewa as well?

What surprises me is there are deras that make LAKHS everyday in Punjab off doing Gurbani "parchar" and are LITERALLY getting fat from all the programs they do abroad for dollars, sadly i think they will be overlooked because they are "sants". All this while Punjab is suffering.

Sant Singh Paras saying it the best:

Maybe Sri Akal Takhat Sahib needs to set fixed fees for various services / paths, adjusting for different countries so there can be no dispute.

Not sure about all countries.. but in India Akhand Paath Sewa is around Rs. 2500 and in my country the sewa is from $900 to $1400 and rest is sangat's sharda....

this wasnt a beating this was light punishment..i was particularly impressed with it....

everyone has a duty to have utmost respect to our scriptures and if they dont and singh's findout then they should deal with it....we need as system like this in the uk

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

the singhs are wicked, the punishment was light a warning, ppl every where are using Sikhi as a business and sometimes ppl need a slap to wake them up. its easy to sit here and say is this and that but panjab u got no recourse for justice unless u do it yourself, respect for Bhai Amrik Singhji, they cud have easily battered them in their faces and used their kirpans, they didnt use unnecessary force, but they did it in a way to warn others to. agree the video sud not be up for ppl to see. benti to the sangat Bhai Amrik Singh ji is in out off jail please when u go to panjab give them a visit and support the parchar they are doing as they and other singhs are carry on the mission of Santji :)