Breaking News - Osama Bin Laden Is Dead !

You can be directing your focus on stuff you can control whilst simultaneously trying to understand that which you can't control. They aren't mutually exclusive.

In any case, these things you 'can't' control usually have a habit of eventually effecting the things you thought you could control sooner or later (in some way or another).

Look, my last few post have just been attempts to express the fact that we really need to debate such stuff without jumping into hard conspiracy theory territory. That's all.

Harjeet all you need to highlight is that things are likely going on, which don't reflect the official narrative and that we should be careful about accepting this. You go too far when you start to spell out these 'hidden' things in detail.

Fair enough, I just find it difficult to do. Sometimes I get worked up, waste a bunch of time typing on these forums for something that doesn't bring any real benefit, and then feel bad for doing it later. These things are not mutually exclusive, but for me it is difficult to do both. For those who can, more power to them.

Yes, i want you to do that, because you guys are intelligent, you can do all the explaining stuff.

If you want that, then take some good advice and stop what you are doing because it undermines the case that can be built up based on more tangible material. Simple.

Quote from Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Great book, changed my life, but I am guilty of not following good advice.

"Instead of reacting to or worrying about conditions over which they have little or no control, proactive people focus their time and energy on things they can control. The problems, challenges, and opportunities we face fall into two areas--Circle of Concern and Circle of Influence.

Proactive people focus their efforts on their Circle of Influence. They work on the things they can do something about: health, children, problems at work. Reactive people focus their efforts in the Circle of Concern--things over which they have little or no control: the national debt, terrorism, the weather. Gaining an awareness of the areas in which we expend our energies in is a giant step in becoming proactive."

But that is the lie we have have been taught. We are taught to believe we have no power and influence over things. But things like "the national debt, terrorism, the weather" Actually it is all our fault. We attracted it all with our mind patterns. This will become evident to you soon enough. It is ultimately our fault the world is the way it is.

Because "all that is neccessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing." That means we are responsible, but this is actually a good thing, because it means we can change things for better. The world doesn't have to be like this.

If you think of our world leaders being at the highest level of the pyramid, you may think they are the top. But the people who are on the lower levels of the pyramid, the base, we are actually the top. Because we hold the structure up. Without us, there could be no top. When we as a human race realise this, the power of the few over the many will vanish. And the people will realise their true power and potential.

If you want that, then take some good advice and stop what you are doing because it undermines the case that can be built up based on more tangible material. Simple.

I know what you mean, but i will never stop telling the truth.(that i know) Even if people do not want to hear it.

I know what you mean, but i will never stop telling the truth.(that i know) Even if people do not want to hear it.

Do you have enough perspective to realise some people may be able to do a better job at this? That, despite good intentions, you might actually be unwittingly jeopardising them with your approach?

Do you have enough perspective to realise some people may be able to do a better job at this? Or that, despite good intentions, you might actually be unwittingly jeopardising them with your approach?

yes ofcourse people can and are doing a better job. I might be jeopardising, sorry.

:seesaw: Just remember more to life than what you can see. :mushroombounce::laugh2:

I hope people don't mind, but bringing back the discussion to a former point:

Don't argue nor justify any of the drama going around us. Live your life, keep sehaj in our life, be a role model in your home, keep 5 evils in check.

I might be reading it wrong but it almost appears as if you are suggesting plain ignoring what is going on around us on the global political platform? How long can someone do that before the effects of this come bursting into your life in one way or another?

Although what you say regarding keeping ourselves in check is spot on, this doesn't make us immune to the effects of external events.

I think it is absolutely essential that Sikhs form a narrative of events along their own worldview and interests. Sure, we don't have ANY weight in terms of global politics right now, but maybe in good time we can change that? Surely we should be corporately aiming for that, even if in the long distance?

I can guarantee if we fail to form and push a Sikh narrative of all this, apnay will naturally jump on other people's narratives. We see this now, should we not learn from it?

BREAKING NEWS OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD.

"OH praise the lord"

"USA" "USA" "USA" "USA"

"I didn't like Obama cus he was black, but im starting enjoy seeing him now"

"YEAAAH kill all the brown people"

"brown people are terrorists"

"oh look he is wearing a turban, that man is a terrorist, GET EM!"

:toohappy: lol sorry, im being sarcastic. But you look on the news, that is how people are reacting. :biggrin2:

"The greatest hypnotist on the planet Earth is an oblong box in the corner in the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real. If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you've got them. Because they'll laugh in your face of an explanation then which portrays the big picture of what's happenin'

... and they have. "