Attempted Burglary Of Gurdwara Foiled

Early this morning an attempted burglary at Gurdwara Dasmesh Darbar, Eastham (East London) was foiled when the perpetrators were disturbed by the sangat.

They seemed to have been in the act of trying to force open the door of a property that led to the main Gurdwara complex. After being seen they quickly left the scene. This incident took place around 4.15 this morning.

The suspects are described as black and a police report has been filed.

Perhaps this is a good time to review security measures across our Gurdwaras? We have lessons to learn from the recent Bow Gurdwara incident, where the complex was burnt to ground.

I hope they got working CCTV installed in key places. It is concerning that we dont have better security for our places of worship. There have been a number of incidents over the years where intruders have caused alot of harm and it seems nothing was done to prevent such cases arising again. A national body needs to be formed to monitor these incidents

Whilst the economic downturn is in full swing I believe we should set up a voluntary service with some youth who oversee the monitoring of gurdwaras between the hours of 9pm and 6 am up until the economies of the West return to normal fairly soon.

I think last week or week before at Sri Har Krishen Gurdwara sahib in Oadby, Leicester the golak was stolen. The gurdwara sahib is only a few years old, they had scafolding up to do some repairs and the theives climbed up and entered and stole the golak.

I only found out yesterday as my folks live in the area and told me. Maybe someone else may have more info. Once i get details I will inform.

This is disgusting am i wrong in thinking only apne know that golak has cash in it so maybe one of our own was involved. As normal english theives would steal things they can sell such as the audio equipment, mics, amplifiers, speakers etc. Im not sure they have CCTV in darbar sahib but i think outside they do. After the EDL protest last year in which EDL said they would burn a mosque which they did not, after a few days some people threw petrol bombs at Gurughar, no serious damage was done but CCTV has been put up outside.

The sangat at Gurdwara sahib is increasing Oadby is like the most posperous suburb of Leicester but the Gurdwara sahib is onthe outskirts on like an industrial estate. Right near the the Leicester Tigers Rugby training ground. (BTW Tigers are the best rugby union team in World, they won most European and priemership championships)

GurFateh

I heard that Goodmayes Gurdwara had the same occurance.

Different stories at the moment:

1) 2 Kalay followed the care taker into the office when he opened the Gurdwara in the morning and took £500 or so

2) Someone broke in from the Kitchen window and then into the office.

Can anyone confirm please?

Yep Security needs to be stepped up.

We need Paaredaar, as we are just too good at heart and all walks of life are aloud in.

Saying that, the committes are too busy fighting amongst themselves......its just all going down hill.

Bull Chuk Maaf Karni.

GurFateh!

When was Goodmayes targeted?

Was it the Singh Sabha or the Sant gurdwara?

Could be a local gang targeting Indian religious places? I heard that a nearby mandir was targeted an hour or so after the foiled attempt at Eastham in the OP, probably by the same crew?

When was Goodmayes targeted?

Was it the Singh Sabha or the Sant gurdwara?

Could be a local gang targeting Indian religious places? I heard that a nearby mandir was targeted an hour or so after the foiled attempt at Eastham in the OP, probably by the same crew?

Bhaji Goodmayes Is Singh Sabha and Sant's is Ilford. Hope this helps. Apologies for not being very clear.