guru ji's plate

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

sangat ji..where we go guru ji is there..ang sang..so when we are eating food or drinking[non alcoholic] things..we are only eating..i mean..if we offer food or drink to guru ji.. we will end up eating up but guru ji's plate will be full..so what we should do of that plate...and doesn't it feel weird..taht our plate is half empty and guru ji's isn't ?? :wub:

bhul chuk maafi jeoo

Guest mehtab

sangat ji..where we go guru ji is there..ang sang..so when we are eating food or drinking[non alcoholic] things..we are only eating..i mean..if we offer food or drink to guru ji.. we will end up eating up but guru ji's plate will be full..so what we should do of that plate...and doesn't it feel weird..taht our plate is half empty and guru ji's isn't ?? :wub:

bhul chuk maafi jeoo

W H A T ? ? ? ? ?

:D :wub: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just about every gurudwara does that ... langar is parshadand when u place the siri sahib in the degh kara parshad u also palce it in the langer which the tray holds every sabji and wat not (everything that will be served even water .... a cup of water it placed along side the tray). then a singh will bring it to where the langar is prepare to place the parshad back in with rest of the langer makin all of it parshad. this is also y many singhs and singhnees refuse to throw any langar away

This reminds me of a sakhi.

I think it was chautai paatshi ... sri guru Ram Das ji, who was travelling at the will of theejai paatshi, sri guru Amar Das ji. When Guru Ram Das ji was really far, he bought some mangos (Amb) for his father Guru Amar Das ji. When it started getting late, he thought they would go bad. So he did ardas right there, and said waheguru ji, tusi paug lou, aap shako ji! And on the other side, guru Amar Das ji while in sangat, is taking the strip of the mango out of his mouth. And Sangat is wondering wats going on. They asked and guru ji said, my guru pyarai mainu amb shakandai hun.

This is where the tradition started. Eventhough we question why we should paug lou our langar, this is the reason cuz it does get parvaan to guru ji.

Mardana ji even asked guru ji, why do i feel so hungary all the time and you dont !? Guru ji responded, mere pyarai vale mainu paug lovakai shakdai hun, then they eat themselves.

DHAN GURU NANAK DEV JI!!! ^_^

bhul chuk maph!!