Dudley Protest - Violence

steelman

Dudleysingh, I would rather the gurdwara close than to have one that does maha beadbi of our king of kings, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Wherever there is true Satkaar of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, GuruSahib does kirpa. Wherever there is beadbi, then the people responsible will face hardships, in one form of another, be it opposing sangat, or even to the extent of ones own health suffering. At the end of the day, one is answerable to Dharam Raj.

So please stop the cleverness in the negative posts about the Satkaar campaign. It's getting boring now. You've made your point.

Thanks for your honesty,

so 1st option...what your saying is for GNSS to close its doors for good.

any thoughts for funding the facilities, your comments would be appreciated.

for the record i'm against the methods used, and like anyone, i dont garee with meat and booze in the Gurdwara building itself.

its not about being clever

Yes its a shame the committee deliberately deceived the Police and larger Sikh community and now shamelessly portray to the media they are the victims

someone comes and smashes up the building ..then yes they are victims, its the law of the land

Yes, I would prefer to have the gurdwara shut for good if the committee and sangat find it so difficult to adhere to basic gurmat principles.

Ways to bring income would be organising events that involve the whole community and if you base these events purely on gurmat, you will start seeing yourself how much kirpa will be bestowed on the Gurdwara Sahib. Guru Sahib will do so much kirpa that you won't even need to worry about money, that's a promise.

Gurdwara Sahibs can organise, punjabi classes, kirtan classes, learning tabla or vajaa, have kids camps, santhiya classes etc you'll be amazed how much demand is out there. Have Gatka classes, have days where health professionals attend to do talks about importance of diet, fitness, health (being made aware of hypertention and diabetes etc) The power of sangat should never be underestimated, sangat will themselves donate more and more.

We always look at 'quick' fix solutions. Getting £300 quid from a party maybe attractive in the short run, but doing some gurmat based events will be an investment in the long one. You may not get quick fix results straight away, but as long as you're adhering to the basic Sikh sentiments that are expected then I promise you, GuruSahib WILL do kirpa....

Yes, I would prefer to have the gurdwara shut for good if the committee and sangat find it so difficult to adhere to basic gurmat principles.

Ways to bring income would be organising events that involve the whole community and if you base these events purely on gurmat, you will start seeing yourself how much kirpa will be bestowed on the Gurdwara Sahib. Guru Sahib will do so much kirpa that you won't even need to worry about money, that's a promise.

Gurdwara Sahibs can organise, punjabi classes, kirtan classes, learning tabla or vajaa, have kids camps, santhiya classes etc you'll be amazed how much demand is out there. Have Gatka classes, have days where health professionals attend to do talks about importance of diet, fitness, health (being made aware of hypertention and diabetes etc) The power of sangat should never be underestimated, sangat will themselves donate more and more.

We always look at 'quick' fix solutions. Getting £300 quid from a party maybe attractive in the short run, but doing some gurmat based events will be an investment in the long one. You may not get quick fix results straight away, but as long as you're adhering to the basic Sikh sentiments that are expected then I promise you, GuruSahib WILL do kirpa....

to be fair, shutting down the gurdwara is probably not a viable option, its been ther for 40 years....

now you do make some vailid points on the activities that can happen there, but remember its a community facility... ie not just Sikh.. thats the basis of the planning permission.

these activities use funds, and i know you say the sangat will donate.

there no place that crages £300 for use of its hall, anywere in the uk, lets be realistic.

like i said some good points, closure is not a real option,

to be fair, shutting down the gurdwara is probably not a viable option, its been ther for 40 years....

now you do make some vailid points on the activities that can happen there, but remember its a community facility... ie not just Sikh.. thats the basis of the planning permission.

these activities use funds, and i know you say the sangat will donate.

there no place that charges £300 for use of its hall, anywere in the uk, lets be realistic.

like i said some good points, closure is not a real option,

You know what. You've touched on an important question.

Personally I feel that frequently Gurdwara committees have very little imagination when it comes to using property constructively. There are loads of things that could be set up to help generate income. You could open up a nursery, a gym, hold tuition classes for students who need it, music classes (as in baja, tabla etc.), vegetarian cooking classes.

thanks for your response,

this is the type of conversatios that need to take place, if the objective is to retain these facilities & sustain the gurdwara's

Unfortunatly , money has to come from somwere to be spent.

there hass to be a balance between income & spend, and engage the community,

it could be used for conference facilities, (vegi one only) but this limits its appeal to the broad community.

As far as I’m concerned the Satkaar Sewadaar’s achieved a positive result even though it took 5-6 hours to get the result we wanted.

However there is a number of posts on here that talk about the “party people” provoking the peaceful protest that was taking place.

Does anyway have any footage of that? Or even the names of the people who were taunting the sangat outside? If so, post names on here, as the media coverage is very biased and in favor of the Community Centre committee, having a feeling of apathy for them. Which is not true!!!

If it's such a financial burden why not close it down? If sections of the community aren't making use of it, why continue paying for it's upkeep?

well the papers that the gurdwara was asked to sign mean that they cant sell the building, so to retain it, funding is needed, basic maths!.

The building was funded by the people of dudley,so ultiimatly its owned by them.

Even if the door are left closed, there are still cost involved.

What i would like to see is open dialogue by the people who arranged the campaign on saturday, around how they will support

the gurdwara's (not just dudley) to fund the upkeep.

As far as I'm concerned the Satkaar Sewadaar's achieved a positive result even though it took 5-6 hours to get the result we wanted.

However there is a number of posts on here that talk about the "party people" provoking the peaceful protest that was taking place.

Does anyway have any footage of that? Or even the names of the people who were taunting the sangat outside? If so, post names on here, as the media coverage is very biased and in favor of the Community Centre committee, having a feeling of apathy for them. Which is not true!!!

If you believe its a positive result was achieved , then you need to take a hard look at what was achieved, and the methods used. they are some what primitive , and from the 1800's.

this is the 21st century, and this country has Laws.

An act of violance is a criminal offence, the manor in which papers were signed, is probably criminal too.

you decide!