Dudley Protest - Violence

steelman

well the papers that the gurdwara was asked to sign mean that they cant sell the building, so to retain it, funding is needed, basic maths!.

The building was funded by the people of dudley,so ultiimatly its owned by them.

Even if the door are left closed, there are still cost involved.

What i would like to see is open dialogue by the people who arranged the campaign on saturday, around how they will support

the gurdwara's (not just dudley) to fund the upkeep.

Why you so worried about the funding. If the committee can't fund the building then hand it over to the Uk sangat and they will fund the building, without using blood money, like the committee is doing right now.

If you believe its a positive result was achieved , then you need to take a hard look at what was achieved, and the methods used. they are some what primitive , and from the 1800's.

this is the 21st century, and this country has Laws.

An act of violance is a criminal offence, the manor in which papers were signed, is probably criminal too.

you decide!

You are obessed with the country law and have no respect for Guru Sahib. Maybe a couple of accountants can look into the committee handling of the Gurdwaras money and see where it has been going to. Infact the UK sangat should hire accountants for this and then it would be recognized who is committing a criminal act.

WJKK WJKF

Brothers and sisters, in this matter, the violence is focussed on, but not the simran that was done beforehand.

Dudleysingh, are you by any chance a baba from this Gudwara that finally learnt how to use the old box in your house to try and start a fight with Singhs and Singhnian who are trying to defend the Sikh Maryada? Most of these protesters were peaceful. I went with my family and sat down peacefully. Do you know what even happened?

One of our Singhs was pushed aside by a police officer and searched because of his kirpan. They were blocking the way to the Community Centre, and telling some people to 'shove off'. They made racist comments towards us as we were doing our simran. Then there were partygoers who came up to some people nearby and taunted them... yet they still sat doing Simran. Throughout the whole event, various Singhs told us to keep peaceful - however, the Singhs who did 'commit violent acts' had every right to. They were provoked by partygoers, and it was quite hard not to slap them anyway - Waheguru Ji protected us from getting into a rage.

I wouldn't have agreed with violence if it was wrong, but in this case, those partygoers deserved it. There were children at this protest - I am teenager myself. We also witnessed the people go and hide away drinking and eating meat. They came and taunted us, so the lions went to fend for us. I see no wrong in that - however, if you can argue against this, please state so.

~ Harsakhshi Kaur

WJKK WJKF

Brothers and sisters, in this matter, the violence is focussed on, but not the simran that was done beforehand.

Dudleysingh, are you by any chance a baba from this Gudwara that finally learnt how to use the old box in your house to try and start a fight with Singhs and Singhnian who are trying to defend the Sikh Maryada? Most of these protesters were peaceful. I went with my family and sat down peacefully. Do you know what even happened?

One of our Singhs was pushed aside by a police officer and searched because of his kirpan. They were blocking the way to the Community Centre, and telling some people to 'shove off'. They made racist comments towards us as we were doing our simran. Then there were partygoers who came up to some people nearby and taunted them... yet they still sat doing Simran. Throughout the whole event, various Singhs told us to keep peaceful - however, the Singhs who did 'commit violent acts' had every right to. They were provoked by partygoers, and it was quite hard not to slap them anyway - Waheguru Ji protected us from getting into a rage.

I wouldn't have agreed with violence if it was wrong, but in this case, those partygoers deserved it. There were children at this protest - I am teenager myself. We also witnessed the people go and hide away drinking and eating meat. They came and taunted us, so the lions went to fend for us. I see no wrong in that - however, if you can argue against this, please state so.

~ Harsakhshi Kaur

This is no justification of the actions that did take place. fact 3 people in hospital#

crimanal damage FACT

dosent matter how much simran took place , these acts over shadow this.

you can call them lions, i will call them criminals. we have different words

your a teenager, and you live in 21st century UK, people using raceism with sikhs is nothing new, I've lived through a lot worse, just ask your parents.

your a teenager, and you live in 21st century UK, people using raceism with sikhs is nothing new, I've lived through a lot worse, just ask your parents.

What, now you want to let white racist police off the hook!?

This is no justification of the actions that did take place. fact 3 people in hospital#

No one is trying to justify the actions. It's you who calls them wrong and others are supporting the actions with evidence, Sikh history. If you want to talk about people being hurt, then what about all the people that die from drinking alcohol? Look how many spouse are beat because the husband had too much to drink. I can go on with the list, but i hope you get the point.

crimanal damage FACT

Maharaj was disrespected for many years, thats a fact.

dosent matter how much simran took place , these acts over shadow this.

Doesn't matter how many times you say it is wrong. the provoking by the party goers justified the SInghs actions.

you can call them lions, i will call them criminals. we have different words

But the problem is you don't understand the what took place and she did. Your baised and she wasn't.

The racism came from the cops. This means the cop should be suspended from work without pay. The police are to uphold the law and not violate it themselves. Your justifying racism, how more twisted can you be.

It's hard working Sikhs like those in the Black Country who's success has often made the host community jealous or hate them. My own cousin had to leave the West Midlands Police for another career due to the institutional racism he would face daily.