Dudley Gurdwara Agrees To Implement Akal Takht Sandesh In Sikh Cultural Centre

Satkaar

well put -well done satkaar.

there will always be some loonies out there.

Yes there will always be loonies that go against Gurmat, like this Gurdwara committee did, but after aggressive actions they knew what was coming up next and agreed to sign on to Gurmat in this aspect.

When Satguru was fighting battles they had Singhs reading Banis, Singhs fighting, Singh carrying battles drums, but no one insulted each other calling the others job not important and/or crazy.

Will Satkaar Group also advocate (and enforce) the Sandesh of Sri Akal Takht Sahib re: having langar on the floor versus on tables ?

I think its too much for a handful of Satkaar sewadars to take on too many panthic issues.

UB1, I think as you shown a burning passion to uphold Akal Thakt Maryada and our beautiful paraatan maryada, now is your time to stop typing here, start sending letters to Gurdwaras and running campaigns.. we will all support you

Thank you SarabhaPanajb for your response.

Surely all Sandesh's are important and the Satkaar Group shouldnt been seen 'cherry picking' easy enforcements of the many equally important Sandesh's.

I went to my local Gurdwara (Singh Sabha, Havelock Road) and on two occasions (one in late March 2011 and the other 2 weeks ago) asked the management committee (Johal and Sohi respectively on the two occasions) about why they provide tables for langar as well as a seating area on the floor. I was told I dont understand Sikh politics and have a choice on whether to have langar at a table or on the floor. I mentioned the Sandesh of Sri Akal Takht Sahib and on both occasions the old men just walked off without responding.

What other campaigns are the SAtkaar Group taking on -can they prioritize them ?

We need a co-ordinated campaign, not some random singh, alone doing his spasmodic thing for the panth -yo get me ?

PS: I maybe wrong, but why would I care about the paraatan maryada, when I have everything I need in the Akal Takht maryada ?